Sponsored by:

The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2022, 05:25 PM
Ro_Ja Boy
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Listed my manual GT3 for sale to pay up for my perfect spec (another 991.2): https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1302028
Sold to a friend. 👍
The following users liked this post:
TheDangerZone (05-20-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 06:09 PM
FCMD
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I haven't tracked my 991.1 RS since December '20 and have only driven it 2-3 times since. Thinking of selling it as I've lost the interest to track. It has been modded for track use. Do I need to put it back to OEM with full disclosure it has been tracked or do I list it as is track ready with OEM parts?

The mods are: dot 2 side skirts and rear wing end plates, Salter Aero CF wing uprights, BBi harness cage, Sabelt seats, front & center deletes with Dundon Crack pipe.

Pretty well optioned ($211 sticker), but no buckets. Is that a bad thing? It only takes 5 min to swap out seats. Had a full service over the winter. It's been a great car, but I just don't drive it and frankly, my 812 SF hardly gets driven and at least
it is quiet and softer sprung. Anyway I'd appreciate any thoughts on what to do with respect to spending the money to sell it and part out the mods, etc. Also are the 18 ways really a negative? Thanks, Frank

(Mods if this is inappropriate, please let me know and I'll do whatever needs to be done)

FYI

6358 mi

​​​​​​082 Extended Range Fuel Tank, 23.9 gal
24102 Rear Cover Embroidery in Deviated Thread
24103 Steering Wheel Rim Stitching in Deviated Thread
24104 Seat Stitching and Headrest Embroidery in Deviated Thread
24901 Dashboard Stitching in Deviated Thread
24902 Upper Door Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
24905 Rear Side Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) Transmission
26741 Center Door Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
26751 Armrest Stitching in Deviated Thread
26761 Door Handle Stitching in Deviated Thread
342 Seat heating (front) 448 20"/21" GT3 RS Wheels
450 Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
474 Front axle lift system
490 Sound Package Plus
581 Luggage net in passenger footwell
583 Smoking package
630 Light Design Package
643 Sport Chrono Package (Porsche Track Precision App)
686 SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver 79 Leather Interior in Black/GT Silver (Alcantara®)
810 Floor Mats CGG Sport Chrono clock dial in Guards Red CXP Deviated Stitching Interior Package CXX Custom Tailoring Option (special wishes that require further communication)
P07 Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
P13 Auto-Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
P23 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. navigation module
U2 GT Silver Metallic
XCS SportDesign Side Mirrors Lower Trim in Black (High-Gloss)
XDK Wheels Painted in Satin Black XES Preparation door-sill guards, illuminated
XEY LED Headlights in Black with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
XFG Instrument dials in Guards Red
XSX Seat belts in Guards Red XXD Door Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated XXG Clear Taillights
XYB Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish

Last edited by FCMD; 05-20-2022 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2022, 06:33 PM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Have only seen one other RS with the standard seats, that might hurt a little, but to the point I would offer the car with mods as-is and OEM parts boxed up. You never know you might hit someone looking for a track car that would be happy the mods are done. Putting the car back to stock is dead money you won't see again just tack that on as a discount imho.

GLWS someone out there wants it just like it is.

Originally Posted by FCMD
I haven't tracked my 991.1 RS since December '20 and have only driven it 2-3 times since. Thinking of selling it as I've lost the interest to track. It has been modded for track use. Do I need to put it back to OEM with full disclosure it has been tracked or do I list it as is track ready with OEM parts?

The mods are: dot 2 side skirts and rear wing end plates, Salter Aero CF wing uprights, BBi harness cage, Sabelt seats, front & center deletes with Dundon Crack pipe.

Pretty well optioned ($211 sticker), but no buckets. Is that a bad thing? It only takes 5 min to swap out seats. Had a full service over the winter. It's been a great car, but I just don't drive it and frankly, my 812 SF hardly gets driven and at least
it is quiet and softer sprung. Anyway I'd appreciate any thoughts on what to do with respect to spending the money to sell it and part out the mods, etc. Also are the 18 ways really a negative? Thanks, Frank

(Mods if this is inappropriate, please let me know and I'll do whatever needs to be done)

FYI

6358 mi

​​​​​​082 Extended Range Fuel Tank, 23.9 gal
24102 Rear Cover Embroidery in Deviated Thread
24103 Steering Wheel Rim Stitching in Deviated Thread
24104 Seat Stitching and Headrest Embroidery in Deviated Thread
24901 Dashboard Stitching in Deviated Thread
24902 Upper Door Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
24905 Rear Side Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
250 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) Transmission
26741 Center Door Panel Stitching in Deviated Thread
26751 Armrest Stitching in Deviated Thread
26761 Door Handle Stitching in Deviated Thread
342 Seat heating (front) 448 20"/21" GT3 RS Wheels
450 Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
474 Front axle lift system
490 Sound Package Plus
581 Luggage net in passenger footwell
583 Smoking package
630 Light Design Package
643 Sport Chrono Package (Porsche Track Precision App)
686 SiriusXM® Satellite Radio Receiver 79 Leather Interior in Black/GT Silver (Alcantara®)
810 Floor Mats CGG Sport Chrono clock dial in Guards Red CXP Deviated Stitching Interior Package CXX Custom Tailoring Option (special wishes that require further communication)
P07 Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
P13 Auto-Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
P23 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. navigation module
U2 GT Silver Metallic
XCS SportDesign Side Mirrors Lower Trim in Black (High-Gloss)
XDK Wheels Painted in Satin Black XES Preparation door-sill guards, illuminated
XEY LED Headlights in Black with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
XFG Instrument dials in Guards Red
XSX Seat belts in Guards Red XXD Door Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated XXG Clear Taillights
XYB Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish

Last edited by cscrogham; 05-20-2022 at 06:35 PM. Reason: still learning to read
Old 05-20-2022, 10:11 PM
FCMD
Advanced

Thanks. I bought it with 247 mi and when I programmed my iPhone it said "Linda's" phone, which explains the 18 ways. I hate to say this, but if I could put a "soft" (bumpy road is what the 812 has) setting and make it quieter again with the 18 ways I'd drive it more.

I appreciate the help. I'm not a collector and was hoping to get some honest opinions. I know it is a special car. The Porsche dealer I spoke with (and all really) try to dangle the $12K tax credit as incentive, which would be offset a to get back to OEM. I paid below sticker and even with TTL I was below sticker. I just want to break even and maybe get something nice my wife would also like to drive. Thanks again.

Last edited by FCMD; 05-20-2022 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:25 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,519 Posts

it is quiet and softer sprung. Anyway I'd appreciate any thoughts on what to do with respect to spending the money to sell it and part out the mods, etc. Also are the 18 ways really a negative? Thanks, Frank\
Least effort: Sell it as is. Also will be least ROI.
Return it to stock, sell the parts separately will yield best return, but also biggest hassle.

While everyone seemingly wants to buy/own a "track ready car" like the RS, the reality is that it is probably single digit percentage of owners that will actually ever take it to the track more than once or twice during their ownership and would want a harness, cage, seats, etc. Higher percentage for sure here on Rennlist, but that's only a small segment of the actual market.

Last edited by pfbz; 05-20-2022 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2022, 12:06 AM
FCMD
Advanced

I appreciate the responses.

Can the suspension be modified to make it softer?

I can put in the 18 ways, put the side & center mufflers back in, go to a more normal geometry, etc all of which would make the car more civilized. Can the OEM suspension be made softer or would that require more aftermarket modifications?

Please, no purist responses. I really don't want to sell the car- I just love it. But frankly it is just unbearable to drive as is and life is short.
Old 05-21-2022, 03:40 AM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 204 Likes on 121 Posts

FCMD: why don’t you put your 18-ways back in first. Then go from there. I suspect having a real race seat in there is part of the issue of why you don’t drive it on the street. You can also try a DSC controller for the suspension as phase 2.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:34 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,409 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Nice 12k-mile PTS Slate Grey Touring. PCCB, buckets, FAL, LED’s, full leather, and some CXX options. Priced at $285k.

Current listing:
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1302462

Previous listing from June 2020 @ 2k miles:
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1199502

VIN: WP0AC2A91JS176226
fijibubba (05-23-2022)
Old 05-21-2022, 08:33 AM
cscrogham
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts

Linda 😂

Didnt realize keeping it was on the table, if so Vantage makes a good point on the seats. They will change the whole character of the car as will replacing the mufflers.

The RS by its very nature is a more rowdy proposition than the Ferrari tho. You might be more aligned with a nice GTS spec.

I appreciate the responses.

Can the suspension be modified to make it softer?

I can put in the 18 ways, put the side & center mufflers back in, go to a more normal geometry, etc all of which would make the car more civilized. Can the OEM suspension be made softer or would that require more aftermarket modifications?

Please, no purist responses. I really don't want to sell the car- I just love it. But frankly it is just unbearable to drive as is and life is short.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:01 AM
Rod27
Pro

Received 221 Likes on 160 Posts

What air pressure are you running in the tires? I run 30-33 and I don’t find my RS to be bumpy at all.
Old 05-21-2022, 02:12 PM
FCMD
Advanced

I'm running 30-33 cold. (IIRC we ran 28/30 hot at COTA). That DSC was the question my guy didn't know - if the DSC by itself would go softer in the OEMs. He's never just put in only the controller with OEMs and only done that in full suspension redos with Bilsteins to "up" the performance. He really dialed in a lot of camber and rear toe out last time around- great around the track, twitchy as **** at the end of the straights and on the road.

I'm going to cancel my MSR Houston membership and if anything just do parade laps with my 812- between my schedule and health, slamming on the brakes at 176 in the 812 or 150 in the twitchy RS just is not a smart thing any more once or twice a year.

I just don't know guys. There is nothing out there really I'd replace it with- an Aston or Bentley convertible would definitely get some use by both of us, but......... Again, I know what a special car it is. I just want to drive it and not get beat up. Thanks again for the responses.​​​​​​
Old 05-23-2022, 12:21 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,519 Posts

That DSC was the question my guy didn't know - if the DSC by itself would go softer in the OEMs. He's never just put in only the controller with OEMs and only done that in full suspension redos with Bilsteins to "up" the performance. He really dialed in a lot of camber and rear toe out last time around- great around the track, twitchy as **** at the end of the straights and on the road.
​​​​​​
The DSC controller can definitely make the stock PASM suspension more comfortable on the street, while also more responsive when pushed. The pre-defined suspension 'maps' from DSC, while very good, can be further tuned to your liking. And easily changed if/when you decide to start doing more track days.

If your trying to make the car more 'livable', 18 way seats as suggested, quieter exhaust, and a DSC controller might just do the trick.

Last edited by pfbz; 05-23-2022 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2022, 12:45 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

I'm running 30-33 cold. (IIRC we ran 28/30 hot at COTA). That DSC was the question my guy didn't know - if the DSC by itself would go softer in the OEMs. He's never just put in only the controller with OEMs and only done that in full suspension redos with Bilsteins to "up" the performance. He really dialed in a lot of camber and rear toe out last time around- great around the track, twitchy as **** at the end of the straights and on the road.

I'm going to cancel my MSR Houston membership and if anything just do parade laps with my 812- between my schedule and health, slamming on the brakes at 176 in the 812 or 150 in the twitchy RS just is not a smart thing any more once or twice a year.

I just don't know guys. There is nothing out there really I'd replace it with- an Aston or Bentley convertible would definitely get some use by both of us, but......... Again, I know what a special car it is. I just want to drive it and not get beat up. Thanks again for the responses.​​​​​​
Sounds like you are in a great spot financially with the car. Take it back to stock including alignment. Based on what you are saying, you’ll like it a lot more. And it will be an easier sell should it go that way.
Old 05-23-2022, 06:32 PM
S54VooDoo
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Sold to a friend. 👍
Friend is trying to make a quick 20k 😂

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...487357688.html
inspire (05-24-2022)
Old 05-23-2022, 06:34 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by S54VooDoo
Friend is trying to make a quick 20k 😂

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...487357688.html
Oh my! What a friend haha.

Quick Reply: The 991 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...