Sponsored by:

Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 04:09 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You are without a doubt the nastiest personality on Rennlist. Regardless of debate/disagreement, nobody takes things to such a vindictive, personal level as you do.
I think he has an interesting perspective here and his literary skills are unparalleled on Rennlist here.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:11 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are without a doubt the nastiest personality on Rennlist. Regardless of debate/disagreement, nobody takes things to such a vindictive, personal level as you do.
Originally Posted by STG
I think he has an interesting perspective here and his literary skills are unparalleled on Rennlist here.
Not mutually exclusive
Old 08-07-2018, 04:15 PM
STG
Race Director

I really don't think he is vindictive, I think he's just trying to prove a point that he believes in. I mean others can rant about the same old subjects over and over again and call it as truth, we have to be equal opportunity voices here.

Don't have to agree with him, but he can share his opinions too.

I also don't think he's a dealership owner!
Old 08-07-2018, 04:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have to admit it- this one in one of the best.

It embodies so much over the last 3-4 years

Actually, you knew before you posted it
Guilty as charged sir...I had a little feeling there was be bigly epicness with this thread.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:22 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n3rd

Oh snap. This thread will get even more epic if you out him!
IT guys have access to some very interesting things...like IP Addresses and email addresses.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:22 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow. How ridiculous. I thought it was pretty clear the post was a joke. For the record, I don’t think Martin is an insect.

Next, Martin, I don’t work at a dealership, but nice try. The implied threat of your post is concerning, though. There would be severe legal ramifications for you and Internet Brands if personal information about individuals can be sought after for online vendettas on the forums managed and secured by Internet Brands. It’s unfortunate you went this direction.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:24 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
I really don't think he is vindictive, I think he's just trying to prove a point that he believes in. I mean others can rant about the same old subjects over and over again and call it as truth, we have to be equal opportunity voices here.

Don't have to agree with him, but he can share his opinions too.

I also don't think he's a dealership owner!
If only he put in so much effort in selling all his GT allocations at MSRP, he'd have more happy customers.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:25 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
If only he put in so much effort in selling all his GT allocations at MSRP, he'd have more happy customers.
I really don't believe he's affiliated with any dealerships.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

Wow. How ridiculous. I thought it was pretty clear the post was a joke. For the record, I don’t think Martin is an insect.

Next, I don’t work at a dealership, but nice try. The implied threat of your post is concerning, though. There would be severe legal ramifications for you and Internet Brands if personal information about individuals can be sought after for online vendettas on the forums managed and secured by Internet Brands. It’s unfortunate you went this direction.
I never said that but I did know people who make RL work.

Last edited by usctrojanGT3; 08-07-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:44 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
My initial reaction when I first read this was...yup I agree. But then I thought, man these are just material possessions. Possessions we seek to make ourselves happy. So what's wrong if its the GT car buying journey, and not the actual ownership, that makes someone happy? That's their prerogative. Who am I go to judge? I don't know, maybe it's all this judgment going around on Rennlist (I'm guilty too) that's getting tiring.

For some it is the thrill of the hunt, for others it is the obsession over the spec, for others it is finding the limit at laguna seca, and for others it might be the attention at cars and coffee. And like you said everyone is free to enjoy their car as they wish and no one can say otherwise. I think most people get this. Part of the issue here is that it is true that a GT3, 2RS, or R, is only a material possession but I think for many here we want to think of this hobby (and maybe by extension, ourselves) as something of more substance than collecting any mere material possession like an iphone or gold coin.

The flipper is the "anti-enthusiast" in many peoples minds. The flipper brings down the entire community because it is in direct conflict with the idea that owning and driving these cars is something closer to a religious experience. And that is really where the conflict is. If we were talking about selling your house, I bet the vast majority of people here would sell to the highest bidder without giving it a second thought and we would never criticize the person who was able to buy a house and sell it the next day for a tidy profit. Why is a 911R different? With these cars though, they mean a lot to many of us and we want others to respect them as much as we do. I totally get that in theory, but it is pretty hard to accurately define "flipper" and "enthusiast". There exists a huge gray area for both and ultimately it is a waste of time and energy to try to put people into these neat little categories that we created.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
I really don't believe he's affiliated with any dealerships.
Doesn't really matter, the point was that he has insider information as do I. That being said, I would never use my insider info or power for evil anyhow because I'm just not that type of person. I guess I just don't take things to heart on RL. haha
Old 08-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

this thread is the gift that keeps giving.

I have to admit. At first i felt he was a bit of a co*k. But lately I’m intrigued. “What is the next bit of snappy prose or obscure literary or artistic reference hell
pull outta his ****?” I have not been disappointed. The reference to kaftka was quite creative. I did spit some La Croix on my laptop reading that one.

Frankly, i think it would be a rather humerus afternoon having Martin, cw, mooty, tracker, Chris and crew sitting around the paddock talking ****
ah the good days.

Old 08-07-2018, 05:52 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx

I have to admit. At first i felt he was a bit of a co*k. But lately I’m intrigued. “What is the next bit of snappy prose or obscure literary or artistic reference hell
pull outta his ****?” I have not been disappointed. The reference to kaftka was quite creative. I did spit some La Croix on my laptop reading that one.

Frankly, i think it would be a rather humerus afternoon having Martin, cw, mooty, tracker, Chris and crew sitting around the paddock talking ****
ah the good days.

We need to get back onto the track once this damn heat ends.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:52 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by n3rd

Oh snap. This thread will get even more epic if you out him!
Originally Posted by Spyerx

ah the good days.

Sounds like a good time. What are friends for? Talking crap to each others face and saying nice things behind their backs.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:56 PM
FerchoPorsche
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
We need to get back onto the track once this damn heat ends.
anyone going to Laguna this weekend? (SpeedSF)
good to put faces to usernames

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3