991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018 | 03:36 PM
n3rd
Pro

Regardless of Dealer or Martin the reality is that if ANYONE with a GT3 was offered an msrp RS they would gingerly trade theirs in for msrp. The dealer can sell it for whatever they want. So much hate for no reason.
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:05 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Ok... thanks for being honest. Selling it to you first so they can claim to be a MSRP dealer is just wrong. All that does is enable them to sell it to a true end-user at market prices with a dishonest middle step.

Martin what are your thoughts on that?
Sure, here are my thoughts. I bought the car to own and enjoy and at no time there was discussion that I was required to sell the car back to the PNH or that I went into it to sell them the car back to get an RS allocation. I wasn't driving the car because I basically have 2 jobs so I decided to sell the car back to the dealership that gave me the car in the first place..fair is fair. I got the RS allocation months ago (I can PM you my commission #) and without having to sell the GT3 back to PNH, I got it because as John said I bought and sold over $1m worth of cars through PNH including non-GT cars. I love the conspiracy theories that you guys have. haha
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:08 PM
minthral
Pro

Its a flippin' blue dolphin wit' floppy flippers (cough) paddles!

Seriously though... I think Porsche needs to do something people trying to flip these cars. How about people buy them who will actually drive them??? Seems ridiculously stupid to buy a GT3 and put miles on it because of this. They should depreciate like all other cars....problem is rich old americans demanding them as trophies not the car IMO.
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:09 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goin2drt

Ding, ding, ding. Someone else who gets it. Most of the “stealers” he mentions DO THE EXACT same thing as PNH yet they are a “good guy” because he happens to be on their list and wasn’t on the others. PNH is no better or worse than all the other dealers he mentioned. They are working the system just like Ferrari. Sell a car at MSRP to someone you know, let them drive it for a few miles, sell it back to them for a few bucks more and they turn around and sell it back to the general public for “market value”. Or you could truly be a good guy dealer, sell the car for MSRP to someone who wants to build there exact spec and will actually drive the car and enjoy it, all the things Martin “claims to do”.
Here's the HUGE difference between PNH and the dealers out here in SoCal....PNH sells ALL of their GT cars to the good customers for MSRP while So Cal dealers will sell some or none of their cars to their very best customers and then spec out a handful of GT cars and sell them for over MSRP. You really think that PNH specced my GT3? If you think that, I got a bridge to sell you. haha
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:11 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

I have been critical of Martin in the past about the "log cabin" scam. While I still am critical about it, I don't believe this GT3 purchase was a money making scheme. I believe he purchased the GT3 for real ownership ( tracking and driving ) His giving up the GT3 is being fickle but not in partnership with PNH to make money. I traded my PTS GT3 before it arrived Stateside to secure an RS allocation. MSRP for the RS and gave up GT3 at MSRP.
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:15 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
Martin, I've asked you multiple questions in posts which you've ignored. You're starting to sound like a broken record here with the same old song and dance.

I've even come to your defense many times which I'm starting to wonder why?

Don't go into public relations, you'd fail miserably. Your arguments and reasoning is lacking any sort of logical rationale.

You like MSRP dealers as long as you're the one getting MSRP? You spec a car which is now $25K over MSRP and condone that, but what if a dealer had fully customizable allocation for a $25K ADM?? Would obviously be better for any buyer to be able to custom spec a car instead of buying someone else's build. Under that scenario you'd be crucifying them. You're a fan of the free market, but only when it benefits you?

See the hypocrisy here??

I have a feeling you're starting to be dead weight for PNH, regardless of your status with them. You're digging yourself deeper into a hole. You may even hit oil next time you visit TX and may not have to worry about the car hustle then.
No, I like ALL dealers who sell GT cars to ALL of their customers at MSRP. Why do you think I have Sonnen and Fresno in my sig? Haven't you seen my posts where I give props to dealers who sell their GT cars to the guys that post up that they got an allocation at MSRP? I don't condone a dealer for selling a used GT car for over MSRP, the problem that I have is when dealers don't sell their GT cars to their good customers and take the cars speccing them and trying to sell themselves.

Would I get all of this backlash if I sold the car back to PNH after 12 months? 18 months? 24 months? I told John and Billy, because you guys treat me right and took care of me I will remember that. Hence why I sold the car back to them. It's good karma in my eyes and last time I checked a relationship is a 2-way street. Just image the blow back I would have gotten if I listed the car for sale at $25k...I think Rennlist would have imploded. haha
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:17 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0to60
I have been critical of Martin in the past about the "log cabin" scam. While I still am critical about it, I don't believe this GT3 purchase was a money making scheme. I believe he purchased the GT3 for real ownership ( tracking and driving ) His giving up the GT3 is being fickle but not in partnership with PNH to make money. I traded my PTS GT3 before it arrived Stateside to secure an RS allocation. MSRP for the RS and gave up GT3 at MSRP.
You are totally right and I didn't even have to sell my GT3 back to PNH because I already had my RS allocation for months. I'll say it again, if I didn't have a 997RS4.0 in my garage I would still have the GT3....simple as that. I only have so much time to drive my cars and only so much garage space (and money).
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:20 PM
vipertom 1970
Instructor

How about sell it to me for MSRP ?
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:24 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Originally Posted by RDM2418
They probably figured I would because I've sold other cars back to them....
Of course. That’s why you got the call in the first place. If there were $200k in shared profits I would try to preserve that relationship too.

I wish I could take your comments at face value, but when the very next GT2RS allocation (yellow one) at PNH also gets flipped for $200k in the RL classifieds with delivery miles, it begins to create a pattern. And the silver one? Who knows what the story was with it. All I know is the end-user also paid market prices. Three in 45 days.

Some dealers have have absolutely no problem finding true enthusiasts to sell their GT cars to at MSRP. Their clients drive them, track them and enjoy them as intended. They don’t magically turn into a 1-month put option and reappear 30 days later at market prices and delivery miles.

Other dealers continually allocate GT cars to individuals who immediately sell them back with delivery miles, so the true end-user pays market prices. This way, the dealer can wash their hands and maintain that “good guy” image. “Yes, that’s right, this yellow GT2RS with 7 miles is used.”

Porsche North Houston is a great store, and they’re generally well received by both their clients and others within the business. I really didn’t intend for this thread to turn into something negative about them. It was Martin’s hypocrisy that was supposed to be the focus. But when dealers and individuals are chastised while another is constantly defended for doing essentially the same thing, it’s difficult to ignore.
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:27 PM
minthral
Pro

Originally Posted by go-ran
Why in the world would Martin get the car detailed / clear bra'd / coated if he was going to flip it? Why would he buy a car sight unseen from a member here above MRSP ? Cmon people. Who in the world would do all that leg work for a lil profit? After seeing his car line up ? Cmon now

Martin you got alot of peiple talking about you. Good or bad your popular!
I know...it got clear bra as a disguise! Or to thicken the conspiracy! "Let me a slap some film on it and drive it few times... they'll never know I'm flippin... KEKEeHEHEHEHEEH"
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by go-ran
Why in the world would Martin get the car detailed / clear bra'd / coated if he was going to flip it? Why would he buy a car sight unseen from a member here above MRSP ? Cmon people. Who in the world would do all that leg work for a lil profit? After seeing his car line up ? Cmon now

Martin you got alot of peiple talking about you. Good or bad your popular!
BINGO....why the hell would I have spent over $2,000 on wrapping the car and over $2,000 on paint correction and ceramic coating if my intent was to flip the car from day one? That would surely cut into my flipping profit, wouldn't it? haha Man there's a lot of sour grapes in this thread, enough to bottle a case of wine.
Old 08-06-2018 | 04:38 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
BINGO....why the hell would I have spent over $2,000 on wrapping the car and over $2,000 on paint correction and ceramic coating if my intent was to martin the car from day one? That would surely cut into my martin profit, wouldn't it? haha Man there's a lot of sour grapes in this thread, enough to bottle a case of wine.
FIFY.

Old 08-06-2018 | 04:49 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

What an amazing amount of hand wringing by a bunch of whiners over nothing. You think Martin's devious plan was to buy this car at sticker, spend $4k plus on it, then flip it back to the dealer to split maybe $20-$25k profit? Even if Martin didn't pay any sales tax on the car, he would still stand to make about $6-8k profit. Martin, if that was your plan, you're doing life wrong.
Old 08-06-2018 | 05:01 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Originally Posted by Archimedes
What an amazing amount of hand wringing by a bunch of whiners over nothing. You think Martin's devious plan was to buy this car at sticker, spend $4k plus on it, then flip it back to the dealer to split maybe $20-$25k profit? Even if Martin didn't pay any sales tax on the car, he would still stand to make about $6-8k profit. Martin, if that was your plan, you're doing life wrong.
Yes. That’s exactly right.

It’s common practice to spend a few grand on the bra and coating on a PTS GT car if you know there is still another $20k on the table and you plan to drive it for a month or two until you flip it back. You’ll find that many of the “used” GT cars with delivery miles have aftermarket stuff on them. It helps feed the F&I office, if nothing else.

Usually the real end-user will consider those additional items as a positive rather than negative.
Old 08-06-2018 | 05:06 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I got a bridge to sell you. haha
I presume you bought this bridge for MSRP because it was a good guy bridge dealer who only sells to bridge enthusiasts. I wonder if there is a RoFR (certainly not written, because they are a good guy bridge dealer). Maybe bridge profits are split later. Maybe you buy 25 bridges each year from the dealer, then you sell all 25 bridges back to the dealer, so the total bridge sales are 25M, but after they credit their purchases its zero. But, who really needs AICPA accounting rules, when we have RL! Actually, who needs reality, when we have RL?

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3