Sponsored by:

Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 05:11 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
. I traded my PTS GT3 before it arrived Stateside to secure an RS allocation. MSRP for the RS and gave up GT3 at MSRP.
Congratulations on being able to spec out all of your options, not receiving the car, then giving us the opportunity to take your leftovers at an ADM.

Why does this the GT game feel like SEAL training? Please, sir, may I have another?

Old 08-06-2018, 05:14 PM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Congratulations on being able to spec out all of your options, not receiving the car, then giving us the opportunity to take your leftovers at an ADM.

Why does this the GT game feel like SEAL training? Please, sir, may I have another?
This right here.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:32 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Originally Posted by vipertom 1970
How about sell it to me for MSRP ?
This is when it gets tricky-I think the fair offer would be MSRP plus cover his taxes that he probably saves by trading it which could be an additional ~$17,000

If you offered him that- then is would be really interesting but that is why one would trade back to Dealer.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:39 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
I made him a fair offer on it with the proceeds going to his new .2 GT3 RS which is currently in production.

John
What happened to Rennlist? Guy effectively trades in his GT3 for an RS and gets a ton of flack? Seriously, there is nothing wrong with that, people do it all the time and, should not have to suffer forum abuse for it. It was nice of John to be stand up and behind Martin.

Dan (thinks this thread became ridiculous after having read it)
Old 08-06-2018, 05:41 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
This is when it gets tricky-I think the fair offer would be MSRP plus cover his taxes that he probably saves by trading it which could be an additional ~$17,000

If you offered him that- then is would be really interesting but that is why one would trade back to Dealer.
But......Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy:

Old 08-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

^Good point Jim C.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:00 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,037 Likes on 5,245 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
This is when it gets tricky-I think the fair offer would be MSRP plus a GT3 RS allocation at MSRP.

FIFY
Old 08-06-2018, 06:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
What happened to Rennlist? Guy effectively trades in his GT3 for an RS and gets a ton of flack? Seriously, there is nothing wrong with that, people do it all the time and, should not have to suffer forum abuse for it. It was nice of John to be stand up and behind Martin.

Dan (thinks this thread became ridiculous after having read it)

You should follow the plot more ..

#ONLY-BECAUSE-ITS-MARTIN
Old 08-06-2018, 06:18 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by STG
You should follow the plot more ..

#ONLY-BECAUSE-ITS-MARTIN
I get from the posts on the thread that people may have disagreed with the guy about a number of things whether it's about flipping, MSRP, ADM, Montana plates to avoid licensing, whatever. Those disagreements should have been left on whatever thread they originated and belonged and, not carried over here.

Martin, like it or not, is one of us, he contributes and, his post to let folks know he's departing with his GT3 which I'm sure has some sentimental feeling didn't need to be roundly panned by people who feel the need to attack the man. I'm sure everyone of us would appreciate the same courtesy.

Dan (admits he's been MIA from the forum but, calls what he read for what it is)
Old 08-06-2018, 06:56 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
I get from the posts on the thread that people may have disagreed with the guy about a number of things whether it's about flipping, MSRP, ADM, Montana plates to avoid licensing, whatever. Those disagreements should have been left on whatever thread they originated and belonged and, not carried over here.

Martin, like it or not, is one of us, he contributes and, his post to let folks know he's departing with his GT3 which I'm sure has some sentimental feeling didn't need to be roundly panned by people who feel the need to attack the man. I'm sure everyone of us would appreciate the same courtesy.

Dan (admits he's been MIA from the forum but, calls what he read for what it is)

Dan, you being the legal eagle that you are how would you advise a client who has bought $1,000,000 worth of cars and accumulated $75,000 ++ of tax avoidance to CA by ways of Montana?

Name:  photo337.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  331.2 KB
Old 08-06-2018, 06:59 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm

I was mostly with you until you attributed "sentimental feelings" to the seller of a car a couple of months old with 870 miles- that's just a massive stretch. I for one can't even understand the motive in starting this thread unless there was some agreement to help publicize the Golf Blue GT3 as for sale. This whole thread is a trip down the rabbit hole.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:08 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
I was mostly with you until you attributed "sentimental feelings" to the seller of a car a couple of months old with 870 miles- that's just a massive stretch. I for one can't even understand the motive in starting this thread unless there was some agreement to help publicize the Golf Blue GT3 as for sale. This whole thread is a trip down the rabbit hole.
His first post said it was a "tough decision." Whether or not it was sentimental, and you're right, it may or may not have been, hard to say with less than 1,000 miles on the clock, I appreciate you shared my views up to that point.

Dan (has 28k+ glorious miles on his 2015 and loved everyone)
Old 08-06-2018, 07:11 PM
minthral
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

7.5% is 'ouch' .. isn't registering a car out of state illegal and also insurance fraud unless you actually live there X amount of time?

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...siness-feature
Old 08-06-2018, 07:13 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by STG
Dan, you being the legal eagle that you are how would you advise a client who has bought $1,000,000 worth of cars and accumulated $75,000 ++ of tax avoidance to CA by ways of Montana?

Attachment 1287306
If someone told me they wanted to proceed with a scheme to avoid taxes, I'd tell them to go consult a tax lawyer as that's not my expertise. But, more generally, any attorney worth his salt will tell his client not to break the law. I don't know the details, I suspect it was in some other thread and, again, that discussion in my view should have stayed there. Really, the only thing I have to say about your inquiry is that it was nice of you to remember my professional background and, to compliment you on your powers of recollection.

Dan (makes no judgment and gives no legal advice on the matter)
Old 08-06-2018, 07:17 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by minthral
7.5% is 'ouch' .. isn't registering a car out of state illegal and also insurance fraud unless you actually live there X amount of time?

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...siness-feature
No it's not.
Virtually every supercar and hypercar I see in AZ is somehow from Montana or another state with no sales tax.
Sort of like how many military members are Texas residents where there is no income tax.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3