Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 12:52 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 763 Likes on 556 Posts

Get back the deposit and for fun ask them for interest.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:57 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 768 Posts

Just going to ride it out.
Im in no hurry
Old 08-08-2018, 01:21 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

delete

Last edited by rsierra; 08-08-2018 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:25 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 799 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^ I get that.

Martin bet on the right dealer. I thought I did also.
I gave my dealer a deposit in 2007 and bought all my new cars from them at MSRP.
I have a piece of paper that says I get first non VIP allocation GT2RS or GT3RS from 2015 when I again let my deposit ride.

Now they claim not to have allocations. But GT2RS is sitting in the showroom?
Sales guy does nothing but bitch and stopped replying, never got the “you get the next one” words, so I can take a hint.
Im pretty sure I will get one next year as the big quantities arrive, perhaps from other friendly dealers but if my dealer refunds the deposit, its probably easier to start over with a different brand, than it is to start all over building up a relation with local Porsche dealers.
Just going to ride it out.
Im in no hurry
I must be missing something, pal. I thought you DID get a .2 RS allocation?
Old 08-08-2018, 01:34 PM
SMGT3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

This whole thread is a joke. Martin can do whatever the f*ck he wants with his cars. Lose Money, make money, flipper, not a flipper, doesn't matter. It's his money and prerogative. Same thing for P Dealers. They are for "profit business", if you don't like it, then go buy something else. Other than that, go pound sand. The last time I checked, when anyone sells anything we all try to make some money. It's called "Capitalism", look it up.
Owning a "New or Classic" Porsche means we all have to play the game. Purists my ***, we all play the same game so stop pretending to be above it all. Move on and go drive.

Cheers.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:39 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jamie140
I must be missing something, pal. I thought you DID get a .2 RS allocation?
No.

I "ordered" V70 GT2RS and GT3RS.
My dealer is no-go so far and I'm reading between the lines.

I have some friends that want to go buy different brands to spite Porsche. Me not yet, but its tempting.
And I have other and some are the same friends that are just as fedup as me, or just want to help, and they have written letters and called in favors at their dealers and Porsche NA against my wish, because if that happens I owe these guys and that takes as much fun out of it as paying over MSRP.
They have indicated that their Porsche relation will get me an allocation, and I'm pretyy sure it will happen.

Noting in life happens without the desire to make it happen and I just don't want it bad enough to pay over MSRP or call in favors.
I'm OK with Porsche not to selling me new cars and instead give allocations to people who want it more, or are influencers like tennis stars, youtubers and flippers instead.
Porsche doesn't want an idiot like me as a customer that puts 30K (20K track) miles on in 3 years and only buys a new Porsche every few years?
And they sell plenty of Macan's without me.

If nothing happens, I will see what's in the secondary market or buy another brand next year. Mr. Purple is going strong, and has another year of track work in it no problem..
After that it will probably last my life time as my daily driver.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:42 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,023 Likes on 2,840 Posts

I have some friends that want to go buy different brands to spite Porsche. Me not yet, but its tempting.
I visited the local McLaren dealer just for fun last night and the salesman said that disgruntled Porsche owners (and attempted owners) are a big part of their new customer acquisitions.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Of course.
Im friendly with local MB dealer. Pretty sure I get discount, ED and a hug if I walk in with a check for an AMG GTR.
Have I mentioned I’m building new home 10 mins Fromm Renntech USA?

ive rented Sebring September 6th for myself and a few friends and one of them will bring a fully Rennteched AMG GTR.. I can’t keep up with it..So far zero issues. Front brakes need ceramic rotors and a bit more brake cooling.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:58 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Porsche doesn't want an idiot like me as a customer that puts 30K (20K track) miles on in 3 years and only buys a new Porsche every few years?
I don't know Peter, hearing how many hard track miles you have racked up on your RS with practically zero issues is about the best advertising Porsche could ever hope for. They should be asking/begging you and OrthoJoe to take the cars from them. JMHO.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

No.

I "ordered" V70 GT2RS and GT3RS.
My dealer is no-go so far and I'm reading between the lines.

And I have other and some are the same friends that are just as fedup as me, or just want to help, and they have written letters and called in favors at their dealers and Porsche NA against my wish, because if that happens I owe these guys and that takes as much fun out of it as paying over MSRP.
They have indicated that their Porsche relation will get me an allocation, and I'm pretyy sure it will happen.

Noting in life happens without the desire to make it happen and I just don't want it bad enough to pay over MSRP or call in favors.
I'm OK with Porsche not to selling me new cars and instead give allocations to people who want it more, or are influencers like tennis stars, youtubers and flippers instead.
And they sell plenty of Macan's without me.

If nothing happens, I will see what's in the secondary market or buy another brand next year. Mr. Purple is going strong, and has another year of track work in it no problem..
After that it will probably last my life time as my daily driver.
Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that. You deserve one more than I do.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:02 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Yeah, but Porsche and their dealers make more on no warranty work for cars and coffee drivers (Not that mine needed much, just one cooling pipe) and selling Macan's via Youtubers with millions of followers.
I did spend $14K with the Porsche dealer for the first tow annual services and recommended track-preventive parts replacement. 3rd annual service is due in 4 weeks, It will be the last time visiting the dealer perhaps.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:03 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Jeez, I'm sorry to hear that. You deserve one more than I do.
Nah, I don't deserve anything. Just bet on the wrong dealer it seems, but its not over until the RS goes out of production..

Old 08-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, but Porsche and their dealers make more on no warranty work for cars and coffee drivers (Not that mine needed much, just one cooling pipe) and selling Macan's via Youtubers with millions of followers.
I did spend $14K with the Porsche dealer for the first tow annual services and recommended track-preventive parts replacement. 3rd annual service is due in 4 weeks, It will be the last time visiting the dealer perhaps.
Maybe your number will come up in the next allocations?
Old 08-08-2018, 02:07 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Maybe your number will come up in the next allocations?
A few dealers tell me yes. MY dealer doesn't say anything, so they give me an allocation or my deposit back, I suppose.
I hope MY dealer will get me the car so I don't have to ask for it back. If another dealer then, of course I will buy all my cars there.

I'm loyal to a fault in all aspects of my life LOL.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:08 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

What are friends for? I am sure you would do the same.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3