Sponsored by:

Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 12:54 PM
wolfmobil
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I only bash dealers who spec and sell new GT cars for over MSRP (also dealers who troll around the country to get additional GT cars to sell for over MSRP) because I know for sure they have enough good customers that deserve those cars at MSRP. Why did you pay over MSRP? Aren't you a good customer of Manhattan Motors? Or do they not sell their GT cars for MSRP to their good customers?
Manhattan did not have any available cars at that point. I bought it from someone else. PTS GT3 Touring from Manhattan at MSRP just landed in the US.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:57 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,086 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
Flipping is flipping - win or lose. Some are just really bad at it
via Imgflip Meme Generator
Old 08-07-2018, 01:08 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

I only bash dealers who spec and sell new GT cars for over MSRP (also dealers who troll around the country to get additional GT cars to sell for over MSRP) because I know for sure they have enough good customers that deserve those cars at MSRP. Why did you pay over MSRP? Aren't you a good customer of Manhattan Motors? Or do they not sell their GT cars for MSRP to their good customers?
We only bash hypocrites. Hilarious the excuse for flipping. Almost as bad as some of the others like I didn't know it didn't have a back seat. "I didn't drive it because I drove my 4.0 instead". Yes we all know you have a 4.0. You mention it in every thread. Do you really think the new RS is going to be so different from your GT3 or your 4.0 that you will drive it more than your 4.0. Can't wait to hear the excuse when you flip the RS next to PNH. Trust me PNH is no better or worse than all the other dealers out there. You just happen to get MSRP deals so you like them. Just like other people like all the dealers you call stealers because are the chosen ones to get MSRP deals.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:18 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by goin2drt
We only bash hypocrites. Hilarious the excuse for flipping. Almost as bad as some of the others like I didn't know it didn't have a back seat. "I didn't drive it because I drove my 4.0 instead". Yes we all know you have a 4.0. You mention it in every thread. Do you really think the new RS is going to be so different from your GT3 or your 4.0 that you will drive it more than your 4.0. Can't wait to hear the excuse when you flip the RS next to PNH. Trust me PNH is no better or worse than all the other dealers out there. You just happen to get MSRP deals so you like them. Just like other people like all the dealers you call stealers because are the chosen ones to get MSRP deals.
If you think that PHN is no better than the SoCal dealers then I don't know what to tell you. Some dealerships value a relationship with a good customer and others don't, simple as that. And yes, I'll continue being a hypocrite as you say and keep bashing stealers.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:19 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The amount of anger here over a freaking car is insane. I need a drink.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:35 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Martin,

I would imagine this is a very emotional and confusing time for you. Just who is Martin? What is Martin's role in the online Porsche community now? Who will spearhead the anti-flipper brigade with the same tenacity as you? Is thunder dome dead? Have you flown too close to the flame?

Since closing arguments have been made and Spyrex’s jury has spoken, I think it’s time for some post-trial analysis.

Above and beyond, there is one striking similarity to famous literature I think all Rennlist readers recognize, but deliberately don’t mention: Martin's transformation to flipper and Kafka’s Metamorphosis is nearly identical.The parallels are impossible to ignore. Martin's transformation is not any different than Gregor’s instantaneous transformation into an insect. I seriously have been haunted by this similarity since Martin first posted that he had flipped his GT3 on Friday. All the themes are the same: alienation, isolation, absurdity of life, transformation from beauty to grotesque, and the mundane, nonchalant manner in which some individuals watch the story unfold. Some of Gregor’s family barely even cared that he had transformed into an insect. Spookier than a M Night Shyamalan movie.

I shall remind you of the honorable words of Frederick Robertson, “It is not the situation that makes the man, but the man who makes the situation.”

Hang in there Martin!
Old 08-07-2018, 01:47 PM
vipertom 1970
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am new and I am not here to cast stones but can I buy Martin's car for MSRP ? I promise to drive it like I stole it.

Last edited by vipertom 1970; 08-07-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:12 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

The moral of the story...when it comes to the car game, everyone's got a price!

For some, the joy is in the hunt...getting an allocation at MSRP (and letting everyone on RL know about it), spending months debating options (colors, interiors, CXX etc.), spending MORE time 'agonizing' over dates (lock date, production date, shipping date, delivery date etc.), worrying about which ship the car is on (has it hit/left Emden yet), worrying about tarriffs, posting about pick up at the dealership and finally writing exuberant 'initial impressions' about the drive home and how great the car feels/drives. THEN flipping it after 300 miles and onto the next hunt...throw in the possible 'above MSRP' buy-back option on "hard-to-come-by" GT cars to the selling dealership and the temptation becomes too great!

For some, it is truly about the JOURNEY and not the destination...sucks for those who really would have loved to spec a GT car to their taste and driven it like it was intended for miles upon glorious miles! Whoever said the GT car game was fair...
Old 08-07-2018, 03:00 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Martin,

I would imagine this is a very emotional and confusing time for you. Just who is Martin? What is Martin's role in the online Porsche community now? Who will spearhead the anti-flipper brigade with the same tenacity as you? Is thunder dome dead? Have you flown too close to the flame?

Since closing arguments have been made and Spyrex’s jury has spoken, I think it’s time for some post-trial analysis.

Above and beyond, there is one striking similarity to famous literature I think all Rennlist readers recognize, but deliberately don’t mention: Martin's transformation to flipper and Kafka’s Metamorphosis is nearly identical.The parallels are impossible to ignore. Martin's transformation is not any different than Gregor’s instantaneous transformation into an insect. I seriously have been haunted by this similarity since Martin first posted that he had flipped his GT3 on Friday. All the themes are the same: alienation, isolation, absurdity of life, transformation from beauty to grotesque, and the mundane, nonchalant manner in which some individuals watch the story unfold. Some of Gregor’s family barely even cared that he had transformed into an insect. Spookier than a M Night Shyamalan movie.

I shall remind you of the honorable words of Frederick Robertson, “It is not the situation that makes the man, but the man who makes the situation.”

Hang in there Martin!
I'll try to hang in there CW, it'll be tough but I think I can still continue bashing stealers. Btw, make sure to sell all of your dealership's car for MSRP to all your customers (I still have friends at IB).
Old 08-07-2018, 03:00 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by johnny2five
The amount of anger here over a freaking car is insane. I need a drink.
This thread is epic...I love it.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:09 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
For some, it is truly about the JOURNEY and not the destination...sucks for those who really would have loved to spec a GT car to their taste and driven it like it was intended for miles upon glorious miles! Whoever said the GT car game was fair...
My initial reaction when I first read this was...yup I agree. But then I thought, man these are just material possessions. Possessions we seek to make ourselves happy. So what's wrong if its the GT car buying journey, and not the actual ownership, that makes someone happy? That's their prerogative. Who am I go to judge? I don't know, maybe it's all this judgment going around on Rennlist (I'm guilty too) that's getting tiring.

Old 08-07-2018, 03:13 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

This thread is epic...I love it.
I have to admit it- this one in one of the best.

It embodies so much over the last 3-4 years

Actually, you knew before you posted it
Old 08-07-2018, 03:31 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

I'll try to hang in there CW, it'll be tough but I think I can still continue bashing stealers. Btw, make sure to sell all of your dealership's car for MSRP to all your customers (I still have friends at IB).

Oh snap. This thread will get even more epic if you out him!
Old 08-07-2018, 03:47 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vipertom 1970
I am new and I am not here to cast stones but can I buy Martin's car for MSRP ? I promise to drive it like I stole it.
Can you just buy it already?!?! Make sure you paint it a different color right away too........
Old 08-07-2018, 03:53 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Martin,

Hang in there Martin!
You are without a doubt the nastiest personality on Rennlist. Regardless of debate/disagreement, nobody takes things to such a vindictive, personal level as you do.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3