Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People in glass houses should not throw stones
Old 08-03-2018, 11:25 AM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Too many words,I had to do a lot of trimming so that the message doesn't get lost in translation. Lol. I've used " enthusiast " but usctrojan didn't,it's my mistake. This is what he said :

Fair enough and I have not called him a flipper. He can sell his property to whomever he wants and to whatever price he wants,I have no problem with it...it's actually none of my business! The only point I couldn't help myself making is that Martin's posts are well known on Rennlist about " stealerships and ADMs " . He made his life's goal to bash these practices constantly on these forums,so I have found it pretty amusing actually that he's posting this thread. To be honest,I would've traded the car back to the flipper and keep my business to myself,I don't see the point in letting everyone know " I don't follow my own advice ". Unless he's having a kick out of this...which might be,this is pretty entertaining.
Going back to your point,let's be honest,I think this car would've sold pretty quick at MSRP,don't you agree? The reason nobody bought your 4.0 when you've listed it for sale is because nobody took you seriously. But I agree : lots of " talkers " and no action type of people on Rennlist.

Again,and this is my last post on this matter,you can sell your property to Gandalf from Lord of the Rings for 100K over,I do not care...

Yep. You speak the truth. No one cares what the hell he does with his car or money. It is the fact it is him who posted it. The largest basher of all and calls PNH a "Good Guy Dealer". If this practice was happening and he wasn't on the "benefit" end of it the rants would be non spot from him. Now all of a sudden the practice is all good. Same here could care less what he makes or doesn't, what he drives or doesn't. The fact is the dealer is playing the same games that all the other dealers are playing so it makes them just the same or as Martin calls them "stealers".
Old 08-03-2018, 11:36 AM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Martin,

Do you feel like your expectations of your GT3 were not fully realized since you never got the engine above 7k rpm? In fact, as you claim, 90% of your driving experience with your car was under 5k rpm.

Or do you just prefer the low, quiet growl of the lower rpm ranges?

Similarly, when you get your RS, do you plan on driving it above 4K rpm?

I know a guy who swears his RS is most fun between 2900-3300rpm... maybe you feel the same? He loves starting in 5th gear and leaving it there until he hits 3500rpm and then he quickly backs off.

Last edited by ChicagoWhale; 08-03-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Trk8
Advanced

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Yep. You speak the truth. No one cares what the hell he does with his car or money. It is the fact it is him who posted it. The largest basher of all and calls PNH a "Good Guy Dealer". If this practice was happening and he wasn't on the "benefit" end of it the rants would be non spot from him. Now all of a sudden the practice is all good. Same here could care less what he makes or doesn't, what he drives or doesn't. The fact is the dealer is playing the same games that all the other dealers are playing so it makes them just the same or as Martin calls them "stealers".
porsche world = real world. Social climbing = Porsche climbing. When you are starting off in this world you are a democrat , then you become more conservative, finally you reach your goals and come full circle again. "Sour grapes" in the beginning until you get your first bucket of gold or "Porsches"
There is alittle of the "dark side" in all of us in order to afford these toys.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:52 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 781 Likes on 344 Posts

aggravating. The game that PNH plays is sell cars to customers at fair prices and when they get them back pay fair prices for them with enough room to make a little more money second time around which is their purpose and mission. This thread is filled with state beauracrats obviously who hate capitalism and not business people. I’m at a loss how you don’t understand this or do you think PNH should sell it twice and only get paid once? If so wow.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:54 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Nice color!

Name:  photo462.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  200.6 KB

Guy in pic wishing he had some $$ in his pockets to buy it.

Name:  photo372.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  189.3 KB
Old 08-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 329 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Mooty unhinged

Originally Posted by mooty
WHOA.... i had to turn off the TV as this is so much better..
yes, if they actually drove their GT3 instead of talking about it. they wont have so much angst. let see, i lost $69k today on of my papers. but i am not upset at all. i drove my RS home and rode my bike for 52 miles climbed 5600' life is good
yes, obtain a 4.0
one simple will not understand it until you have it.
yes see above
i seriously do not agree with this stmt.
i offered my RS4.0 at way below mkt at one point
i offered my GT4 below mkt
GT3
god. **** load of cars i offered to RL
peanut gallery blah blah blah, i want to see pic. sorry i dont do pic. a GT3 is a GT3
my prices are always fair if not below mkt. how do i know? b/c they all end up at dealers as they buy it at my asking, no pic needed. and wire in 24 hours.
so why o why should i sell to ENTHUSIAST? what does that word even mean?
i listed a set of coco mats used for 500 miles. listed color.... ppl asking for pic. hell it's $200. i dont have the time to get a pic. the mat is now in landfill. the time i saved is more than $200
i listed 3 sets of GT4 seats for sale, some guys asked for pic. well.. the real buyers didnt ask for pic. he wired in 48 hours and apologize for wiring a day late. when he gets those seats he will realized he got a fkg bargain.
i have a few more GT3 and GT3T i will sell. they will all end up at dealers lot.
am i a flipper? maybe
all my cars are titled in CA, that's 9% tax i will not see
all my cars are detailed and color corrected. yes, i know you guys do that too. but trust me, you haven't seen what it really means to have that done. each car is $6000 for a regular job. a good one is $10k+
all my cars are filmed at $4000/half car or $9000 full car.
sure i am selling it at msrp + my expense but usually i lose tax.
why i sell? well some days, i dont like blue, other days i hate yellow. or i am just upset that day... and i often buy the same car back
my 86, bought it for 75k, sold it for 85k (added 20k to it), bough it back at 100k paid 10k on tax again. i will sell it if i get 100k. is that flipping?
i have on intention selling my RS4.0 that i own since new or the newly acquired CGT, but hell if you cut me $600k you csan have my 4.0 and for $2MM i sell you my CGT. am i a flipper?
i will sell to ENTHUSIASTS if they are serious.
but most are not.
i have bought cars from PHN and sold to PNH.
one email, my wire hits them in 12 hours. they dont pay me nearly as fast. but that's ok, not many ppl move as fast as i do.
some cars i get from them as MSRP some (used cars) i get from them at very large premium b/c it's used and hard to get. other than GT3/RS i also buy macans and other POS cars from them, at 2-3% discount (which is tiny) so if you consider the "total relationship" am i REALLY getting cars at MSRP? let's be fair. if you made enough $ to buy these cars, you know how it works. i love to eat. my dad even more. when he was alive, there was not one restaurant in TPE he cant get in with one phone call, even if it's just 3 min before he shows up. why? 40% tips and annual "red bag" to the entire staff of every fancy restaurant in TPE. sure, sometime we get to eat free... but is it REALLY free... i can't believe the conversation on this thread.
i see that u "get it". that's a dig under your skin kind of car.
i sold may cars. i actually sold my 4.0 in 2013.

when the truck came to pick it up. i was visbily upset.
screamed at everyone in the office
when i got home, my wife thought something gone seriously wrong with me.
asked why.
i told him i sold a car today. she' goes, you sell a car every other months. what is the problem...
i can't come up with words, i was just upset. breaking things. and that was the day i caught the mole in backyard... i mangled it and put it in blender and mixed it...

so.. 7 days later i bought the damn car back at much much higher price than i sold for and paid 10% calif tax on it again (there's no trade - in tax benefit in CA, every car you pay tax on full amount not just difference)
so that mistake was 140k in 7 days. so, yea, 4.0 is really different. but then if i didnt buy it back i think i may end up putting my kids or my neighbors in the blender and mix them....
agree
you are fine
just do the knee replacement right the first time and charge 2x
or tell them you can discount but you will need a 2nd surgery.
man, arent you glad i am not a surgeon? bc i will ACTUALLY TELL MY PATIENTS THAT.
it's $40k to get it right or $10k but i will cut you open 4x. you pick, i dont force u.
haha, love that video

ok, i am a little wired up. i need to find a hamster, mole or something and put in my vitamix
so dont **** me off. i can grind ANYTHING UP in the vitamix and drank it so no evidence
Drive the GT3 and when you see a squirrel cross the road, just think about that 3hp Vitamix blender ...
Old 08-03-2018, 12:06 PM
skyak
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

They basically told told me I’m now part of the small GT mishpucha at the dealership (for those of you too lazy to look it up it’s Hebrew for family).

Old 08-03-2018, 12:09 PM
Trk8
Advanced

When we are younger or new to business we voice our frustrations. The most successful leaders are psychotic or have lack of empathy to get to the top. Then it gets lonely at the top. It comes full circle at the end. Just like my father use to say " I was young once upon a time". Once the Porsche bugs bite and injects its venom, lots of once hard core weekend racers have progress to collector status, and to cars and coffee. A lot of us will realize it's harder to thrash around a expensive street car around the track. Eventually the track bug will steer you to a race car due to safety and higher capabilities. The nicer and rarer the car a person wants will push a " once hard core racer" to collectible connoisseur. Beware of the "Dark Side".
Old 08-03-2018, 12:10 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Deleted
Old 08-03-2018, 12:12 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 279 Posts

IMO the only thing that was surprising to me is how audibly Martin bashes flippers/stealers, then we see his car listed at 25k over being essentially flipped at his proclaimed good guy dealer (PNH by all accounts do seem to treat people with respect and foster good relationships which I appreciate, I have experienced this first hand talking with John on a GT3 allocation that never materialized).

Martin even has it listed on RL (PNH of course) and in the 991GT subforum. I personally wouldn't do that, as Im sure he thought twice about posting on here. This is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Would have been nice to pass the car on to a RLer to enjoy at cost (especially if no sales tax collected on the car and as someone so vehemently against over MSRP), but then Martin risks ruining his pipeline to GT cars @ MSRP with PNH. Most of us would likely do the same exact thing Martin is doing, but perhaps not bash other flippers/stealers so loudly. I don't even want to think about what I would do if I had to sell/list my GT3 as it would take something bad happening (I understand life always full of surprises). I think if you want to be a champion of MSRP/a general in the war against ADM/flippers/stealers, then you need to practice what you preach. Otherwise, no fault or offense here, you are like the people we bash who get the car, put less than 1k miles on odo, then flip it for any reason that comes to mind, at least in this instance.

The ironic part is we get on people who individually list their .2 GT3 in the classifieds for more than MSRP "for what they are into it" when factoring in ADM-sales tax-etc, but Martin apparently didn't even pay an ADM or sales tax and is having the car sold by PNH at the market price above MSRP.

That being said, what others do with their cars and money is really not my business nor do I take pleasure in becoming an online PI trying to analyze these things, I have better things to do as we all do. But in this case I was surprised and this was ironic to me. Please note - I'm not even "salty" as someone who had to pay a $15K ADM to get my car (really really wanted it) because I couldn't get an MSRP allocation. I'm just happy to have my GT3 as I approach 3k miles on odometer and hopefully 30k more in good health God willing.... $15k the price of admission for me for better or worse and it so far has been well worth it
Old 08-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Trk8
Advanced

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Drive the GT3 and when you see a squirrel cross the road, just think about that 3hp Vitamix blender ...
Originally Posted by mooty
WHOA.... i had to turn off the TV as this is so much better..

yes, if they actually drove their GT3 instead of talking about it. they wont have so much angst. let see, i lost $69k today on of my papers. but i am not upset at all. i drove my RS home and rode my bike for 52 miles climbed 5600' life is good

yes, obtain a 4.0
one simple will not understand it until you have it.

yes see above

i seriously do not agree with this stmt.
i offered my RS4.0 at way below mkt at one point
i offered my GT4 below mkt
GT3
god. **** load of cars i offered to RL
peanut gallery blah blah blah, i want to see pic. sorry i dont do pic. a GT3 is a GT3
my prices are always fair if not below mkt. how do i know? b/c they all end up at dealers as they buy it at my asking, no pic needed. and wire in 24 hours.
so why o why should i sell to ENTHUSIAST? what does that word even mean?
i listed a set of coco mats used for 500 miles. listed color.... ppl asking for pic. hell it's $200. i dont have the time to get a pic. the mat is now in landfill. the time i saved is more than $200
i listed 3 sets of GT4 seats for sale, some guys asked for pic. well.. the real buyers didnt ask for pic. he wired in 48 hours and apologize for wiring a day late. when he gets those seats he will realized he got a fkg bargain.
i have a few more GT3 and GT3T i will sell. they will all end up at dealers lot.
am i a flipper? maybe
all my cars are titled in CA, that's 9% tax i will not see
all my cars are detailed and color corrected. yes, i know you guys do that too. but trust me, you haven't seen what it really means to have that done. each car is $6000 for a regular job. a good one is $10k+
all my cars are filmed at $4000/half car or $9000 full car.
sure i am selling it at msrp + my expense but usually i lose tax.
why i sell? well some days, i dont like blue, other days i hate yellow. or i am just upset that day... and i often buy the same car back
my 86, bought it for 75k, sold it for 85k (added 20k to it), bough it back at 100k paid 10k on tax again. i will sell it if i get 100k. is that flipping?
i have on intention selling my RS4.0 that i own since new or the newly acquired CGT, but hell if you cut me $600k you csan have my 4.0 and for $2MM i sell you my CGT. am i a flipper?
i will sell to ENTHUSIASTS if they are serious.
but most are not.
i have bought cars from PHN and sold to PNH.
one email, my wire hits them in 12 hours. they dont pay me nearly as fast. but that's ok, not many ppl move as fast as i do.
some cars i get from them as MSRP some (used cars) i get from them at very large premium b/c it's used and hard to get. other than GT3/RS i also buy macans and other POS cars from them, at 2-3% discount (which is tiny) so if you consider the "total relationship" am i REALLY getting cars at MSRP? let's be fair. if you made enough $ to buy these cars, you know how it works. i love to eat. my dad even more. when he was alive, there was not one restaurant in TPE he cant get in with one phone call, even if it's just 3 min before he shows up. why? 40% tips and annual "red bag" to the entire staff of every fancy restaurant in TPE. sure, sometime we get to eat free... but is it REALLY free... i can't believe the conversation on this thread.

i see that u "get it".
that's a dig under your skin kind of car.
i sold may cars. i actually sold my 4.0 in 2013. when the truck came to pick it up. i was visbily upset.
screamed at everyone in the office
when i got home, my wife thought something gone seriously wrong with me.
asked why.
i told him i sold a car today. she' goes, you sell a car every other months. what is the problem...
i can't come up with words, i was just upset. breaking things. and that was the day i caught the mole in backyard... i mangled it and put it in blender and mixed it...
so.. 7 days later i bought the damn car back at much much higher price than i sold for and paid 10% calif tax on it again (there's no trade - in tax benefit in CA, every car you pay tax on full amount not just difference)
so that mistake was 140k in 7 days. so, yea, 4.0 is really different. but then if i didnt buy it back i think i may end up putting my kids or my neighbors in the blender and mix them....

agree

you are fine
just do the knee replacement right the first time and charge 2x
or tell them you can discount but you will need a 2nd surgery.
man, arent you glad i am not a surgeon? bc i will ACTUALLY TELL MY PATIENTS THAT.
it's $40k to get it right or $10k but i will cut you open 4x. you pick, i dont force u.

haha, love that video

ok, i am a little wired up. i need to find a hamster, mole or something and put in my vitamix
so dont **** me off. i can grind ANYTHING UP in the vitamix and drank it so no evidence.
Mooty's transparency is greatly valued. Love the stories about your father. This way of doing business has been around for a long time. At least in Asia we are not hyprocrites about it. Love the way western culture talk about corruption when in fact it's more here but less in your face.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:34 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

About the only thing I learned from this thread is that the Chicago Whale and I both like Rothko. I can’t afford a real one either.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3