Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018 | 01:05 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I like the look of the "wart"

If the car didn't have one, I'd go aftermarket and retrofit one.

Could care less about functionality of the SiriusXM and what-not.
LMAO

Looks like US cars are different:
Orange corner lights
No folding seats to add insult to injury for thos that don't even want CS
Goofy leather bumpy things below the head rest
Smaller plate space in the rear bumper; Is it the same material as the ROW cars?
XM wart
No Clubsport roll bars, steel or Ti, Harnesses or power cut available, not even in a box. Never mind the front cage or anything else that keeps you alive at the track.

What about the Canadians, do they get ROW cars or US cars?

Since Porsche wont even sell me a watered down version; I wonder what it takes to grey import a real CS RS.
Import is just proof of payment and Title.
Its Florida DMV, I'll title anything with a VIN.
Old 06-27-2018 | 01:33 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
LMAO

Orange corner lights
Smaller plate space in the rear bumper; Is it the same material as the ROW cars?
XM wart
No Clubsport roll bars, steel or Ti, Harnesses or power cut available, not even in a box. Never mind the front cage or anything else that keeps you alive at the track.

Since Porsche wont even sell me a watered down version; I wonder what it takes to grey import a real CS RS.
Typically, all US and Canadian cars are same North America Spec. Only differences are a few stickers and gauge cluster.
Old 06-27-2018 | 02:20 PM
whatif
Rennlist Member

LMAO

Orange corner lights
XM wart

To import it, you would have to bring it into compliance with US specs. That will cost you several hundred thousand and will take probably close to a year, so in other words, it's not going to happen.

Only exception is the 25 year rule. You can import it if older than 25 yrs.
Old 06-27-2018 | 06:58 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

BMW got a cage past NTSA with the M4 GTS, still can't figure out why Porsche can't get it done........ The wart is prob a PCNA deal as all cars have the rear camera now and so why not have all with SAT wart. Still I'm just glad I'm getting one
Old 06-27-2018 | 11:15 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by race7117
BMW got a cage past NTSA with the M4 GTS, still can't figure out why Porsche can't get it done........ The wart is prob a PCNA deal as all cars have the rear camera now and so why not have all with SAT wart. Still I'm just glad I'm getting one
It has something to do with the total number imported into the US (~400), which from what I understand allowed for an exemption.
Old 06-27-2018 | 11:27 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

LMAO

Orange corner lights
XM wart

Back up camera for safety in the driveway at 5mph but no CS package for safety at 150mph. Trying to think of diplomatic way to say what I'm thinking but there's no candy-coating it....
Old 06-28-2018 | 12:30 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

I don’t mind the 34 airbags, the backup camera, the feds making it hard to mow down and kill pedestrians but I don’t get the part where landing on the roof with a 3 Point seat belt @ 175MPH is OK .. When the manufacturer clearly recommends Roll bar, 6 Point seat belts and offers it for free..

Feds must like to get lawsuits.

Porsche should run from that kind of liability by selling it “offroad only”

Its about as risky as tracks forbidding track guys to run windows closed.

1-800-411-pain anyone?
Old 06-28-2018 | 12:58 AM
PwAg
Instructor

Sorry if this has been already addressed, but does anyone know if rear wing end plates on .2 RS are interchangeable with those of .1 RS? It's rather meaningless cosmetics, but prefer the smaller size of the .1 end plate and was curious. Finally saw a .2 in person while on vacation in Europe...the .2's appear to have considerably larger end plates.
Old 06-28-2018 | 01:04 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I don’t mind the 34 airbags, the backup camera, the feds making it hard to mow down and kill pedestrians but I don’t get the part where landing on the roof with a 3 Point seat belt @ 175MPH is OK .. When the manufacturer clearly recommends Roll bar, 6 Point seat belts and offers it for free..

1-800-411-pain anyone?
Here's a short explanation.
https://one.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rul...rotection.html

Old 06-28-2018 | 01:13 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

1-800-411-pain anyone?
Because 6 points haven't been crash tested. Literally the only reason. And I know you're being incredulous because you know that they will sell the bar and belts to you, just not on the build sheet.
Old 06-28-2018 | 03:19 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

LMAO

Orange corner lights
XM wart

Canadians get crippled US cars - thanks, Obama (jk). We sometimes do get some minor things that are disabled in the US by software but enabled in Canada on some car models, but most manufacturers don't bother and send us the same crap. Don't forget no active matrix headlights - those are amazing in new cars in Europe - literally like driving with high-beams on all the time without blinding anyone. Illegal in North America. You know like they say - "it's so good it should be illegal". It seems DOT lives by that motto.
Old 06-28-2018 | 11:26 AM
Andial
Banned

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Canadians get crippled US cars - thanks, Obama (jk). We sometimes do get some minor things that are disabled in the US by software but enabled in Canada on some car models, but most manufacturers don't bother and send us the same crap. Don't forget no active matrix headlights - those are amazing in new cars in Europe - literally like driving with high-beams on all the time without blinding anyone. Illegal in North America. You know like they say - "it's so good it should be illegal". It seems DOT lives by that motto.
The BMW i8 and Audi R8 came w/ limited runs of laser headlights in the NA market. Hopefully the laws will change to let more of this tech become available here.
Old 06-28-2018 | 01:19 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Hopefully our European friends will start giving us their impressions of the 3RS.
Old 06-28-2018 | 04:07 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

my SA emailed me yesterday with the option to move my october PTS requested build up to a july non PTS build with an august 3rd build completion date. as much as i wanted a gulf blue RS, i don't think i would love it that much more than a lizard green car when taking into account the extra PTS cost, extra wait time, and most importantly the roller coaster of the PTS process. pretty pumped to be getting the car sooner. now just need to get a garage lift asap.
Old 06-28-2018 | 04:24 PM
Ducati1199
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cbrett
my SA emailed me yesterday with the option to move my october PTS requested build up to a july non PTS build with an august 3rd build completion date. as much as i wanted a gulf blue RS, i don't think i would love it that much more than a lizard green car when taking into account the extra PTS cost, extra wait time, and most importantly the roller coaster of the PTS process. pretty pumped to be getting the car sooner. now just need to get a garage lift asap.
Congrats!! And you could look at it like you are almost getting a PTS if you go LG as it appears to be a very close match to gelbgrun anyway.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS