991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 09:22 PM
911therapy
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
Chris, the car looks great congrats!

As for the whinging about the open car transporter, I supposed I shouldn't be surprised given the climate around here of late but really? "Appalling?" And EEK! Parked underneath such pedestrian SUVs? Do you think the cars roll off the line and are hermetically sealed until they arrive in your dealer's showroom? This was a car that was delivered in Europe where most get transported in open carriers.

I hope those complaining about that don't do ED. My car was driven hard and tracked for >3,000 miles, sat outside at the Munich airport for a week before being picked up, transported on an uncovered flatbed truck to Emden, sat again outside at the port for two weeks, then sat on a boat for more weeks, at the port in Houston outside for a week, then got thrown on another truck before arriving at my dealer. The entire time it never saw a micron of soap or water that didn't fall from the sky or got kicked up on a track during my glorious trip. It arrived looking like absolute ****. Got it home, quick bath and looked like it just rolled off the line when I picked it up in the delivery room almost two months before.
Agree signes - the open transport isnt a big deal. I can understand the preference, but I tow my car 5 to 6 hours to tracks all around on an open trailer. Never think twice about it. But, I am also not one of those that gets a new car and does "paint correction" Never understood that either. I dont want a bunch of dings and scratches. But barely perceptible paint imperfections? Na, never paid attention to it
Old 07-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Still haven’t seen LG in real life.
Same spec as Mr Purple.

unless PTS is possible:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PKWHT9F5
Looks real good. Although, I like the WP I still prefer the all LG look a bit more. The black carbon fiber over the center of the car is nice but it's not my preference.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:46 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
Chris, the car looks great congrats!

As for the whinging about the open car transporter, I supposed I shouldn't be surprised given the climate around here of late but really? "Appalling?" And EEK! Parked underneath such pedestrian SUVs? Do you think the cars roll off the line and are hermetically sealed until they arrive in your dealer's showroom? This was a car that was delivered in Europe where most get transported in open carriers.

I hope those complaining about that don't do ED. My car was driven hard and tracked for >3,000 miles, sat outside at the Munich airport for a week before being picked up, transported on an uncovered flatbed truck to Emden, sat again outside at the port for two weeks, then sat on a boat for more weeks, at the port in Houston outside for a week, then got thrown on another truck before arriving at my dealer. The entire time it never saw a micron of soap or water that didn't fall from the sky or got kicked up on a track during my glorious trip. It arrived looking like absolute ****. Got it home, quick bath and looked like it just rolled off the line when I picked it up in the delivery room almost two months before.
i am not **** about cars. I drive them because that is the purpose they are intended for. I don’t even bother to install clear bra on them. But I at least control when and where the car is exposed to the elements. An ncovered transport can be on the road several days being exposed to all type of weather conditions. That’s why Porsche insist on using only covered transports. Sometimes they will allow an uncovered transport if the car will be shipped to a dealer close by usually within the same day and usually the only car on the truck. Porsche is very mindful of the harm that can be done on an uncover transport.

if you had your choice between an uncovered and covered transport which would you take?
Old 07-05-2018, 02:41 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 386 Posts

All Pcars in Europe are delivered on uncovered trucks. In contrast, my AMG GTR was delivered in a enclosed truck.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:19 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 646 Likes on 308 Posts

I'll be the one to say it. I just don't like the WP look on this car. It makes it look like a kit car. I guess to each his own b/c I WANT to love it.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:43 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
I'll be the one to say it. I just don't like the WP look on this car. It makes it look like a kit car. I guess to each his own b/c I WANT to love it.
I think it looks great on a black car. Only black so far
Old 07-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 546 Posts

I didn't like it at first. I didn't like it on my 997 2rs. But the 3rs WP has grown on me and I ordered it. Maybe I'll hate it after a few months? Who knows? But thought I'd give it a try. The 3rs car surface is already chopped up with a scoop, cut-out or other piece of plastic every few feet. Ultimately I started to not like the look of cut-outs in fenders AND hood. I was either going bold color + WP or all black in an attempt to calm it down. I went RY and WP; probably the loudest/most contrasting you can go short of LG+WP. But i will agree that when i first saw WP, it reminded me of my old 997 2rs and i didn't like the CF hood. I don't like the 991 2rs full CF hood or WP stripe/CF hood+roof look. I don't know why? Luckily Porsche makes something for everyone. All that matters is if you like the one you take home.

Also, when you see the quality of the CF in person, kit isn't something that crosses the mind; more like work of art. In pictures, yes it can come off kit-ish.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 718 Likes on 337 Posts

The black hood is a show stopper for me.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:37 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Luckily Porsche makes something for everyone. All that matters is if you like the one you take home.
Completely agree; went with LG, Gold Wheels and PCCBs. I personally don't like black wheels since, IMO, it draws your eyes away from the car and PCCBs avoids the dreaded brake dust.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:41 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

I am looking at after market exhaust and headers for the 3RS; interested in opinions from anyone that went went that route. Please all the keyboard hardcore racers find something to do while I get legitimate feedback from Rennlist members. Looking at Shiftech/IPE/Akrapovic; thoughts?
Old 07-05-2018, 02:47 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
I am looking at after market exhaust and headers for the 3RS; interested in opinions in anyone that went went that route. Please all the keyboard hardcore racers find something to do while I get legitimate feedback from Rennlist members. Looking at Shiftech/IPE/Akrapovic; thoughts?
Dundon... if doing headers that’s what I would buy
Old 07-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

Thanks my friend I will do some reading; appreciated.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber

Ive got Dundon headers on my gt4 and it completely transformed the car. IF modding my RS, I’d go Dundon and not look back.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:54 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
I am looking at after market exhaust and headers for the 3RS; interested in opinions from anyone that went went that route. Please all the keyboard hardcore racers find something to do while I get legitimate feedback from Rennlist members. Looking at Shiftech/IPE/Akrapovic; thoughts?
Says the “pretenderl” that will never track the RS. Hardcore Rennlisters are NOT the value/option spec posters, but rather use the RS for what its intended for, TRACKING. Why are you screwing with headers when you have stated the RS will never be tracked ?
Old 07-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Buteo

Ive got Dundon headers on my gt4 and it completely transformed the car. IF modding my RS, I’d go Dundon and not look back.
Thanks for the feedback; that’s two nods sounds encouraging.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS