Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 01:56 PM
robcut1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
1// Because they can still sell at MSRP or even over sticker, so profit or break-even on a "free car" they enjoyed for a year
2// Because they rotate cars frequently and want the latest and greatest
3// Because they could be sitting on an RS, incoming Speedster, etc. and decide they don't need that many GT products in their garage
4// Because it's basically a hobby for them and they know they'll be first in line for whatever next product Porsche puts out

Try thinking a little bit before you reply. Your posts seem to lack that approach.
Your hilarius. Providing four reasons to justify why you feel 75-80% of VIP GT2RS owners are going to dump their cars in a year. Talk about needing to think a little before replying, you just insulted over 200 people who bought, love and know how special their cars are that nothing can easily replace them for the price and everything that they have to offer. For you to believe otherwise is okay but totally irrational.

I feel like I have the weight of the entire GT2RS community on my back and everyone who wanted a car or doesn’t want to pay to get one is attacking my logic. Then again, why wouldn’t I expect that posting on a site where people are searching for cars to buy below market value. I guess it’s time to close this browser.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:02 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG911
Probably because they have the means to constantly change the inventory in their garages.
And want an easy flip profit for very little work. They are smart enough to know that the ADMs are going down so there will be a rush for the exits of the VIPs that want to cash out.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by robcut1

Your hilarius. Providing four reasons to justify why you feel 75-80% of VIP GT2RS owners are going to dump their cars in a year. Talk about needing to think a little before replying, you just insulted over 200 people who bought, love and know how special their cars are that nothing can easily replace them for the price and everything that they have to offer. For you to believe otherwise is okay but totally irrational.

I feel like I have the weight of the entire GT2RS community on my back and everyone who wanted a car or doesn’t want to pay to get one is attacking my logic. Then again, why wouldn’t I expect that posting on a site where people are searching for cars to buy below market value. I guess it’s time to close this browser.
Yes people get fired up about ADM's but we still need to behave like gentlemen.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by robcut1

Robcut's argument about the GT2 RS market aside, he does have a point about the penny pinchers here (see bold). I think these GT cars are well above the means of many people here on RL trying to buy them, which potentially creates a distorted picture of the real market.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:13 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,250 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
MUST RESIST!!!!!! haha. I'm thinking something like Viola purple with yellow stitching. But then, can you really buy a Mac that isn't orange?
Weird because I'm planning on ordering a purple demo with yellow stitching and yellow brakes as our 720 initial demo. You can buy Macs in any color and don't need to use any orange!
Old 12-12-2018, 05:03 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex
You're darn right the car is impressive. As I said previously, the GT2RS is a very special car and offers performance pretty much unmatched by anything short of a Senna. It's a keeper. Offer me $150,00 over MSRP for mine, and you'll hear nothing but crickets.
I am with you. For me, this is the most exciting 911 since the 993 gen. I love everything: low-end torque, grip, acceleration, exhaust sound (although a bit deafening) and design. It will not leave my stable until I see what the 992 gen brings in 5+ years. I don't like the 992 interior. Add to that the possibility of electric assist/hybrid, AWD, etc... and it's a big question mark. These unknowns will surely weigh on owners' minds as to whether they hold or sell. Any VIP that can sit on a 918 valued at close to $2MM will have no problem sitting on the fastest 911 costing $300k-$500k.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:10 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 374 Posts

I don't think anyone will tell you a 2019 GT2rs is not an absolutely amazing car. As was the 918, as was any GT2, gt2 rs before it.

Almost all have gone below sticker, it is the reality of buying most any car no matter the price and using it. Add in the fact they are trying to really capitalize stronger this time on a 300k+ GT2rs by building over 1,000 units just for the U.S. and I think it will just create more downward pressure on price than usual. To renounce the possibility of paying sticker new with this many made and readily available is wishful thinking for anyone that already has one. BUT the good thing is you get 3-8x the amount of people able to DRIVE AND ENJOY them.

To the VIP's who bought 200 of them, who knows. I would have bought one 6-12 months ago with the production number unknown, paying sticker for a car that everyone is asking 150k over for. Today I would pass, I am not a believer it will hold adm for another 12 months. So yeah I would sell mine at the first shot I got...Wouldn't be crazy to think a lot of the perpetual buyers and sellers of the VIP program wouldn't do the same...

roughly
996 gt2: 300 in u.s.
997 gt2: 205 in u.s.
997 gt2rs: 133 in u.s.
991 gt2rs: 1,000 in u.s.

Friendly Reminder: Cars for the most part depreciate in value and M.S.R.P. stands for Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price hahaha
Old 12-12-2018, 05:17 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
Robcut's argument about the GT2 RS market aside, he does have a point about the penny pinchers here (see bold). I think these GT cars are well above the means of many people here on RL trying to buy them, which potentially creates a distorted picture of the real market.
We should create a poll, Who is more annoying?

1) the penny pinchers?
2) the ADM/investment trolls needing to justify to strangers on the internet why their car is the only X Y and Z ever sold this side of the milky way and how anyone paying under what they paid is getting the deal of century and should buy now because the car is for sure worth WAY more
Old 12-12-2018, 06:32 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Weird because I'm planning on ordering a purple demo with yellow stitching and yellow brakes as our 720 initial demo. You can buy Macs in any color and don't need to use any orange!
Looking forward to seeing it! When will you have a 720 spider in to look at and drive? Got to hurry on my new detached garage...... What's the price difference between regular and Spider? Text me if that's better.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:02 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I don't think anyone will tell you a 2019 GT2rs is not an absolutely amazing car. As was the 918, as was any GT2, gt2 rs before it.

Almost all have gone below sticker, it is the reality of buying most any car no matter the price and using it. Add in the fact they are trying to really capitalize stronger this time on a 300k+ GT2rs by building over 1,000 units just for the U.S. and I think it will just create more downward pressure on price than usual. To renounce the possibility of paying sticker new with this many made and readily available is wishful thinking for anyone that already has one. BUT the good thing is you get 3-8x the amount of people able to DRIVE AND ENJOY them.

To the VIP's who bought 200 of them, who knows. I would have bought one 6-12 months ago with the production number unknown, paying sticker for a car that everyone is asking 150k over for. Today I would pass, I am not a believer it will hold adm for another 12 months. So yeah I would sell mine at the first shot I got...Wouldn't be crazy to think a lot of the perpetual buyers and sellers of the VIP program wouldn't do the same...

roughly
996 gt2: 300 in u.s.
997 gt2: 205 in u.s.
997 gt2rs: 133 in u.s.
991 gt2rs: 1,000 in u.s.

Friendly Reminder: Cars for the most part depreciate in value and M.S.R.P. stands for Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price hahaha
Very well said.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:41 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
MUST RESIST!!!!!! haha. I'm thinking something like Viola purple with yellow stitching. But then, can you really buy a Mac that isn't orange?
Wtf not only you can but you MUST. ***The*** McLaren color that should be mandatory on all cars, no exceptions allowed, is the red and white Marlboro livery of the Senna and Prost cars from the '80s. Maybe without the Marlboro lettering if you really hate tobacco, but that's it.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:38 PM
Evo X
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 102 Posts

Any interest in a Miami Blue GT3 with buckets and PCCBs? PDK. My dealer will be getting one soon. Never been titled, but 2,200 miles driven by Porsche exec. Can sell it CPO.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:47 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,168 Likes on 621 Posts

i just got a call on a GT2 RS that's available. pretty sure theres an ADM?. Great build but i cant swing it, PM me if interested. carl
Old 12-14-2018, 05:32 PM
FerchoPorsche
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Passing this along... no affiliation whatsoever....Option list below:

1 991850 911 GT3 RS
2 1H Lizard Green
3 79 Leather/Alcantara® Interior in Black w/ GT Silver Stitching
4 082 Extended Range Fuel Tank, 23.7 gal
5 450 Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
6 474 Front Axle Lift System
7 555 Seat Belts in Black
8 808 Weissach Package
9 810 Floor Mats
10 878 Steering Wheel and Gear Lever/Selector in Black Leather
11 9VL BOSE® Surround Sound System
12 CSX Window Triangle Trim in Carbon Fiber
13 EFA Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum
14 P07 Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
15 QR5 Chrono Package with Preparation for Lap Trigger
16 XLJ Storage Compartment Lid in Alcantara® with Porsche Crest
17 XXD Door Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
Total Retail Vehicle Price

Contact Mike Pardini directly for more information or and inquiries

(925)330-3475

mpardini@steadporsche.com
Old 12-14-2018, 07:16 PM
Evo X
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 102 Posts

Have a 2019 configurable GT3. February build. $20k over.

Any interest?

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM