Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 08:29 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,247 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by robcut1
First of all, there is nothing to prevent any GT2RS owner from selling their car without having to wait a year. So, no there will not be a mass exodus.

Second, the number of unsold cars is closer to 2.5% than 8% of the total being produced. Yes, some dealers do have a couple of unsold cars but there are not that many unsold vehicles above and beyond what are appearing on DuPont, etc.
You are building a logical castle, but in quicksand.

Porsche dealers not allowed to advertise GT2RS
VIP owners bound to 1 year no flip rules or get booted from program.

Every big time buyer in RL or instagram has been offered a GT2 by a broker (shady or not)
Old 12-11-2018, 08:34 PM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 70 Posts

First of all, there is nothing to prevent any GT2RS owner from selling their car without having to wait a year. So, no there will not be a mass exodus.

Second, the number of unsold cars is closer to 2.5% than 8% of the total being produced. Yes, some dealers do have a couple of unsold cars but there are not that many unsold vehicles above and beyond what are appearing on DuPont, etc.
Read up on the VIP program and you'll understand.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:14 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
You are building a logical castle, but in quicksand.

Porsche dealers not allowed to advertise GT2RS
VIP owners bound to 1 year no flip rules or get booted from program.

Every big time buyer in RL or instagram has been offered a GT2 by a broker (shady or not)
I've had 4 dealers call me in the last month offering me a GT2RS. I could have one in any color. They are all asking 100-150k ADM, but probably could be had for $75-100k. I keep telling them I'll pay sticker. haha. I'm really not that interested. Like the 3RS coming and if I buy a 300-400k car right now, it would be a 720s spider that is coming. I hear there is a decent dealer in Scottsdale....
Old 12-12-2018, 04:36 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Under the VIP program (918 owners), they will lose their benefit of being able to buy a GT car at MSRP if they sell any GT car within one year of purchasing it because PCNA got upset about them flipping .1GT3RSs. You have 200+ VIP GT2RSs and I'll bet that 75-80% will be put up for sale shortly after they hit that magical 1 year mark. You are fooling yourself if you don't think that there's no inventory of GT2RSs for sale, whether it be new or used plus the buyer pool for cars $400k-$500k isn't as big as you think it is. I stand by my prediction that the car is going to be at or below MSRP in 2019, as will the GT3RS and GT3.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:39 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,028 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
I've had 4 dealers call me in the last month offering me a GT2RS. I could have one in any color. They are all asking 100-150k ADM, but probably could be had for $75-100k. I keep telling them I'll pay sticker. haha. I'm really not that interested. Like the 3RS coming and if I buy a 300-400k car right now, it would be a 720s spider that is coming. I hear there is a decent dealer in Scottsdale....
How do these dealers have your number? I'm glad that I don't get those calls, would be a total waste of my time.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:31 AM
robcut1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Under the VIP program (918 owners), they will lose their benefit of being able to buy a GT car at MSRP if they sell any GT car within one year of purchasing it because PCNA got upset about them flipping .1GT3RSs. You have 200+ VIP GT2RSs and I'll bet that 75-80% will be put up for sale shortly after they hit that magical 1 year mark. You are fooling yourself if you don't think that there's no inventory of GT2RSs for sale, whether it be new or used plus the buyer pool for cars $400k-$500k isn't as big as you think it is. I stand by my prediction that the car is going to be at or below MSRP in 2019, as will the GT3RS and GT3.
Why in the world would 75-80% of VIP GT2RS owners put their cars for sale after owning for a year? It seems like you are saying that the car is a piece of crap when in fact it blows away the old 918 Nürburgring record and comes within 10 seconds (MR package) seconds of what Porsche is targeting for their next hypercar (6:30). Statistically, it should be closer to 5% owners putting their cars for sale (10). If only 200 VIP owners, apparently the other 750 or so non-VIP owners certainly seem to be enjoying their cars since maybe 5-10 pre-owned cars are available out of the 750, even though these 750 owners have no waiting period.

Incidentally, while I have never driven a GT2RS, I am quite impressed with what seems to be low drama precision control driving watching the lightning lap video. The GT2RS just seems so planted and goes where the driver points it. The drivers appear to be constantly fighting to maintain stability on the other vehicles, especially the Mclaren. Not that the Mclaren isn’t a wonderful car, but could explain why it is so fast but hasn’t produced the Nurburgring times.

Last edited by robcut1; 12-12-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:51 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
How do these dealers have your number? I'm glad that I don't get those calls, would be a total waste of my time.
They have my number from previous purchases and know I am a sucker for anything new and shiny.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:03 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,247 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
They have my number from previous purchases and know I am a sucker for anything new and shiny.
So, what color do you want your 720 Spider?
Old 12-12-2018, 11:11 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Why in the world would 75-80% of VIP GT2RS owners put their cars for sale after owning for a year?
Probably because they have the means to constantly change the inventory in their garages.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:19 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
So, what color do you want your 720 Spider?
MUST RESIST!!!!!! haha. I'm thinking something like Viola purple with yellow stitching. But then, can you really buy a Mac that isn't orange?
Old 12-12-2018, 11:58 AM
ScratchTheItch
Racer

Received 204 Likes on 70 Posts

Why in the world would 75-80% of VIP GT2RS owners put their cars for sale after owning for a year?
1// Because they can still sell at MSRP or even over sticker, so profit or break-even on a "free car" they enjoyed for a year
2// Because they rotate cars frequently and want the latest and greatest
3// Because they could be sitting on an RS, incoming Speedster, etc. and decide they don't need that many GT products in their garage
4// Because it's basically a hobby for them and they know they'll be first in line for whatever next product Porsche puts out

Try thinking a little bit before you reply. Your posts seem to lack that approach.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 54 Posts

Why in the world would 75-80% of VIP GT2RS owners put their cars for sale after owning for a year? It seems like you are saying that the car is a piece of crap when in fact it blows away the old 918 Nürburgring record and comes within 10 seconds (MR package) seconds of what Porsche is targeting for their next hypercar (6:30). Statistically, it should be closer to 5% owners putting their cars for sale (10). If only 200 VIP owners, apparently the other 750 or so non-VIP owners certainly seem to be enjoying their cars since maybe 5-10 pre-owned cars are available out of the 750, even though these 750 owners have no waiting period.

Incidentally, while I have never driven a GT2RS, I am quite impressed with what seems to be low drama precision control driving watching the lightning lap video. The GT2RS just seems so planted and goes where the driver points it. The drivers appear to be constantly fighting to maintain stability on the other vehicles, especially the Mclaren. Not that the Mclaren isn’t a wonderful car, but could explain why it is so fast but hasn’t produced the Nurburgring times.
You're darn right the car is impressive. As I said previously, the GT2RS is a very special car and offers performance pretty much unmatched by anything short of a Senna. It's a keeper. Offer me $150,00 over MSRP for mine, and you'll hear nothing but crickets.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisDM
1// Because they can still sell at MSRP or even over sticker, so profit or break-even on a "free car" they enjoyed for a year
3// Because they could be sitting on an RS, incoming Speedster, etc. and decide they don't need that many GT products in their garage
4// Because it's basically a hobby for them and they know they'll be first in line for whatever next product Porsche puts out

Try thinking a little bit before you reply. Your posts seem to lack that approach.
This is an academic discussion. There's no need for personal attacks.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:55 PM
robcut1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex
This is an academic discussion. There's no need for personal attacks.
Thank you Hex for defending me.

Last edited by robcut1; 12-12-2018 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:34 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

All four points are valid. Just as anyone who owns a car regardless of brand, you can own, drive, use it forever, or unload it if you are unhappy with it.

* The restriction with 918 owners is that regardless whether you like the Porsche GT* car or not, you are bound by the one-year "No Sale Clause." After one-year all bets are off.

I am not sure why a 918 owner is tagged a "flipper" if S/He unloads their Porsche GT* car. They own it so they can do whatever they want with it just like anyone else who buys/owns any given car. Just my $0.02

Drive safe,,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by ChrisDM

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM