Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 07:10 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^ you tease. Absolutely beautiful.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Voyage of the 'Green Bay' Vehicle Carrier from Emden to Davisville, RI

Previous Posts:

Originally Posted by Z356
The coincides keep piling up for my gt3. I fell in love with a 'Signal Green' .1 997 in 2007 and eventually bought it in 2011. Then I promptly lost it in an accident.

But exactly four years later, to the month, I was able to negotiate the purchase of another 'Signal Green' 911, this time a 991 gt3 which Porsche mysteriously decided to use as one of three colors for their last '15 PTS gt3s! What are the odds that PAG would have chosen that exact color for these special gt3s and I was able to locate & successfully negotiate for one?

And now, my dealer in Ohio has informed me that our 'Signal Green' gt3 has been loaded up on the 'Green Bay' transport vessel at the port of Emden, Germany. So 'Green' on 'Green'! What a coincidence!

The Porsche Gods are with me on this one...I think!

As of a few minutes ago, the vessel was cruising on the North Sea just off the coast of Belgium. It was heading towards the English Channel. One of the 'Green Bay' destinations after it crosses the Atlantic will be the port of Davisville in Rhode Island, where my gt3 will be unloaded. It's expected to arrive at my Ohio dealership around May 8th.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

AS of today, April 16th, 'Green Bay' is way off the coast of Ireland & heading west to North America!

It looks like it might arrive in Davisville, Rhode Island one day ahead of schedule (on April 23th)!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-17-2015, 10:15 AM
Shivatron
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Eduardo et al, I've heard from a reliable source that Porsche North Houston has an allocation for a PTS GT3 available. No idea on color or pricing. If someone is interested, apparently Roger Gay at the dealership is the person to talk to.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:10 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Shivatron
Eduardo et al, I've heard from a reliable source that Porsche North Houston has an allocation for a PTS GT3 available. No idea on color or pricing. If someone is interested, apparently Roger Gay at the dealership is the person to talk to.
I called and they told me they have a signal green coming in but it is now sold. I did not ask at what price but it was to a local customer of theirs.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:36 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 174 Posts

The only Signal Green that hasn't been pre-sold or over list was Eduardo's. Must be all that good Karma!
Old 04-17-2015, 11:55 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
The only Signal Green that :hasn't been pre-sold or over list was Eduardo's. Must be all that good Karma!
The early bird gets the "worm"

In other words: Lucky = def., when preparation meets opportunity!!
Old 04-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Shivatron
Originally Posted by sportscentury
I called and they told me they have a signal green coming in but it is now sold. I did not ask at what price but it was to a local customer of theirs.
It would not surprise me if P of North Houston was transferred the 'Signal Green' gt3 that the Todd Blue organization managed to obtained after I asked them about it on March 7th. As you might all remember, this 'Signal Green' gt3 was originally scheduled to be sold by Porsche of Rancho Mirage / Desert European Motorcars. These two P. dealers are part of the Todd Blue's 'IndiGoAutoGroup'. And as well connected as Todd might be at PCNA, I doubt they would have allocated him TWO 'Signal Green' gt3s! I'll inquire so that we don't do a double count this 'Signal Green' gt3 in our compiled master list.

Thank you John. Yes, I am aware of that 'Signal Green' gt3 coming to Rancho Mirage. It's the #7 on my list.

7) At a CA Dealer. But not yet a liberty to reveal since the Rennlister that informed me is trying to negotiate its purchase.

One of our Rennlisters was trying to finalize its purchase and he brought it to my attention. So I couldn't disclose it on the forum except in cryptic form. Interestingly enough, P of Rancho Mirage was one of the dealers I contacted on March 7th when I first started looking for one of the ten 'Signal Green' gt3s after discovering of their existence at the lobby of the LAX Hilton on March 6th. It happens that the GM is well known to a close friend of mine and the latter had previously introduced me to this gentleman at the IndiGO Auto Group, which is the organization (mini empire?) Todd Blue has created which also includes P of North Houston. At that time, P of Rancho Mirage had not heard of these late allocations PTS gt3s. But after learning about the PTS cars from me, they scrambled and apparently were able to get one* - supposedly to allocate to me, although it was not needed since I had already finalized my deal with P of Beachwood. This is the gt3 that is now available for sale.

*From where - I have no idea! Maybe from another dealer that didn't know what they had.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post12164730

Originally Posted by montoya
The only Signal Green that hasn't been pre-sold or over list was Eduardo's. Must be all that good Karma!
Originally Posted by GregJGT3
The early bird gets the "worm"

In other words: Lucky = def., when preparation meets opportunity!!

Being an early bird and getting a worm can be hard work...as this story proves over & over again!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-17-2015, 02:54 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It would not surprise me if P of North Houston was transferred the 'Signal Green' gt3 that the Todd Blue organization managed to obtained after I asked them about it on March 7th. As you might all remember, this 'Signal Green' gt3 was originally scheduled to be sold by Porsche of Rancho Mirage / Desert European Motorcars. These two P. dealers are part of the Todd Blue's 'IndiGoAutoGroup'. And as well connected as Todd might be at PCNA, I doubt they would have allocated him TWO 'Signal Green' gt3s! I'll inquire so that we don't do a double count this 'Signal Green' gt3 in our compiled master list.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post12164730

Being an early bird and getting a worm can be hard work...as this story proves over & over again!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Hence the well appreciated adage: luck is when preparation meets opportunity!
Old 04-18-2015, 12:26 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 779 Posts

PTS over at Dodge: http://www.drivesrt.com/viper/
Old 04-18-2015, 01:14 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yes, that would be too easy. We have a better system - die Deutsch Weise! It's our way or the Autobahn...as we say here in Feuerbach-Ost. We are just a tad...unterschiedlich? Yes, we are 'different'!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-18-2015, 12:45 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Change of Rennlister holding 'Arena Red' gt3 at P of Omaha / Woodhouse

It looks like the 2nd Rennlister that locked up the 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 at Porsche of Omaha / Woodhouse has released it:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...1-gt3-pts.html

And it appears as though it was quickly re-sold. The transaction was done at MSRP so there was no financial gain for the person that gave up his position.

This particular 'Arena Red' gt3 was first held & released by Rennlister 'Nine1won'. Then Rennlister 'MPD3'. For the full story, see links below:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...a-red-gt3.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ey-gt3s-3.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-18-2015, 03:11 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to find a PTS for myself for quite some time. If any of these PTS cars become available like the Arena car did at MSRP please message me. I am ready to rock and roll on one. Thank you
Old 04-18-2015, 03:42 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ToyGuyAZ
I have been trying to find a PTS for myself for quite some time. If any of these PTS cars become available like the Arena car did at MSRP please message me. I am ready to rock and roll on one. Thank you
ToyGuy: The Rennlister that had this spot decided to post his ad in the classifieds forum yesterday and not on this thread. Had he done so here, it would probably have been of interest to many like you who are closely following this story and might still be interested in locating one of these PTS gt3s. But that was/is his prerogative and we don't control it. In fact, the person who placed the ad deliberately omitted the name of the dealer involved, so for most people that are not following this story as closely as I am, it would have been difficult to guess at what dealer the 'Arena Red' was located without going through him. But we, on the hand, have other ways to find out....

By the way, I am assuming that Rennlister MDP3 was not asking for a fee for giving up his spot at P of Omaha/Woodhouse. But that needs to be confirmed by either the person who placed the ad or the Rennlisters that contacted him re: this Arena Red' gt3. It would be interesting to know that information.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-18-2015, 04:35 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Maybe he was simply selling the information!
Old 04-18-2015, 04:44 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Arena red GT3

By the way, I am assuming that Rennlister MDP3 was not asking for a fee for giving up his spot at P of Omaha/Woodhouse. But that needs to be confirmed by either the person who placed the ad or the Rennlisters that contacted him re: this Arena Red' gt3. It would be interesting to know that information.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Eduardo, I am the one who took over MDP3's spot. I was waiting for the dealer to confirm my spot this morning since the transaction took place last night, and the sales representative was not at the dealer to change the order. Originally I was buying a used GT3 from a Rennlister, but the seller backed out of the sale, so I was scanning this thread and the ads page to see what else is available. I was interested in the signal green at Porsche of Rancho Mirage and the arena red at Beverly Hills Porsche, but both dealers are asking 20K over MSRP, so I told them no.

By the way, MDP3 was very gracious to give me the spot without any fees, and Alexey at Porsche of Omaha gave me MSRP, so I have high praise for both parties. Alexey gave me a status update of the car, it's currently in production and is estimated to arrive at the dealer on 6/5/15. I am excited!

MDP3 also sent me a picture of a mocked up arena red GT3, and I think it looks great if the actual car looks close to this:

MDP3's mock photo of an arena red GT3

Quick Reply: The Story Behind the PTS 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red Metallic' & 'Fashion Grey' gt3s!