Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche997s
I have a March allocation with a May delivery. I have been informed by my dealer that he has been asked to cancel that order and renter a new order for MY2015 build. When this whole thing started I was suspicious that PAG would screw us all. In retrospect all decisions made by PAG to date have been in our best interest. It's unfortunate that the issue occurred, but the decision to stop sale, replace engines, provide loaner vehicle and make all future production MY 2015 are all examples of decisions make in our best interest.
Originally Posted by silverrules
Just called my sales manager and she pulled up her last car that's scheduled for June delivery and she says the system still shows the June delivery to be 2014 not 15.
Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Here is what I'm hoping for. Porsche has limited the production of 2014 models so that anyone who has a pending allocation for a 2014 will now get a 2015. That's good for those customers and it reduces the number of people that will require compensation of any kind; those folks are taken care of.
Originally Posted by 0Q991
That's exactly what I proposed too!
Originally Posted by reidry
2014, the notice that came out late today is that the majority of pre-production cars are being moved to MY2015. Ryan
Originally Posted by orthojoe
If one is to assume that the new options on the configurator demarcate the 2015 models, then I'm not so sure that all cars coming off the line are 2015 models. My SA was told that my April build was NOT eligible for any of the new options on the configurator.
Originally Posted by Clocked
Latest from my dealer: I asked if my car which stopped production on 2/14 that there were any changes to new production dates, change to a 2015 etc, he said nothing has changed and said he had no information that any GT3's pre production or post production were chaining to 2015. Again no consistent information being given to dealers etc.
Originally Posted by rubbaman
After showing scheduled for 'enter production" today, my order went back to V170 status...The dealer emailed the regional VP who said that Porsche has not announced any changes for existing 2014 pre-production cars to MY2015. That this has NOT been determined yet and to wait for further update. So here we go again. My luck is I'll get one of the last MY2014 cars delivered in June.
I can't believe SOME of you think that Porsche AG can arbitrarily decide that they'll change planned MY2014 gt3's this Spring to MY2015 models just at their whim while the rest of the 991 models continue to be produced as MY2014!

Do you know if all the mandated regulations that are required for MY2015 ready to be incorporated today into production? Do you think government regulators have any say in allowing companies to call their product MY2015 (or any year) this far in advance? Do you guys think these Model Year decisions are arbitrary and made just by marketing 'suits' at headquarters? If so, why not suggest they make this replacement engined gt3 a MY2016 and really give you guys a very special 'gift' for all your perceived real (or imaginary) troubles?

Originally Posted by rubbaman
I was just thinking it would suck to get the 2014 at the same price of 2015 just weeks apart.
How is this different than for any other MY change?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-21-2014, 03:41 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
Yep.. Good point. Not healthy associating w/ paranoid people & Haters or even cheap axes trying to create a big stink so they can get a free DE. For all the time wasted posting this garbage you could have made enough for a 1:1 HPDE w/ W Rhol.. The 2014 will be fine. It's OFFICIAL !
I only care about the warranty and a decent loaner. . . cash comp, DE's, dancing girls. . . nice but not critical to me, as I can do all those things on my own.

An extended warranty shows that PAG is standing behind their f-up with the 2014s like no other car in their lineup. The warranty is the one thing they can offer that affects the intrinsic value of the car, enhancing the ownership experience by the early adopters knowing the car is covered, independent of what happens to resale 4 years from now.

I guess having had a string of nice cars and being able to comfortably afford the GT3, I'm not wound as tight as some when it comes to the engine replacement issue.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:51 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I can't believe SOME of you think that Porsche AG can arbitrarily decide that they'll change planned MY2014 gt3's this Spring to MY2015 models just at their whim while the rest of the 991 models continue to be produced as MY2014!

Do you know if all the mandated regulations that are required for MY2015 ready to be incorporated today into production? Do you think government regulators have any say in allowing companies to call their product MY2015 (or any year) this far in advance? Do you guys think these Model Year decisions are arbitrary and made just by marketing 'suits' at headquarters? If so, why not suggest they make this replacement engined gt3 a MY2016 and really give you guys a very special 'gift' for all your perceived real (or imaginary) troubles?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

It isn't any different. That's why I said it would be my luck...you know... Murphy's Law. It is what it is....I just need to chill.
What I don't understand is this post:
the notice that came out late today is that the majority of pre-production cars are being moved to MY2015. Ryan

What notice? Who said that? Porsche North America? Don't think so. Call them! I did. They say BS to that.
I have to remind myself that much of what is posted on this thread may not be true. But, I saw it on the internet! It must be true! hahhaha
Old 03-21-2014, 03:59 PM
JimSand
Advanced

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Eduardo, your input is always appreciated. I just got off the phone with a GT3 Customer Concierge representative and he stated that there are 232 unbuilt GT3s which should now show under D170 status which means that if your allocation never had a Vehicle Completion date then your GT3 would be MY2015.
How could he be misinformed coming directly from PCNA?

Thank you!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:08 PM
frayed
Race Car

Re 2014 v 2015, doesn't the factory switch to the next model year after their July/August shutdown? If so, this makes sense, as they predict it will take through till summer to handle the engine swaps and build up engine inventory for the 2015's (well, ahem, I mean rebuild the 2014 motors for the 2015 cars).
Old 03-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Two points, Eduardo. First, I'm not making any predictions about what Porsche will do regarding the model year change-over, but some members have been getting specific information that their yet-to-be produced cars will be designated MY 2015. Now maybe this information is incorrect, but second, it could be possible given that some manufacturers sell cars (like the Toyota Highlander we bought in April one year) as "next year's" model. Of course if there are regulation changes that the current model won't meet, that's one thing, but if not, I don't believe there is a hard and fast rule that states the new run of any particular model has to begin at a particular time or be the same as every other model in the line. I could be wrong, though, and all the rest could be internet BS....

Best,
Old 03-21-2014, 04:25 PM
csmarx
Instructor

I've been reading with interest the debate regarding future value of 2014 vs. 2015 cars. The main point seems to be whether a 2014 car with extended warrantee and perhaps a bit of stigma will be worth less than a 2015 with expired warrantee and no stigma.

Well, consider this question: where do you realistically think the 2014 non-driven, non-delivered engines that were taken out will wind up? It will be impossible to prove, and no one will ever know, but my wager is on them going right back to the factory. They will be opened up under factory conditions, the offending bolts removed, and maybe the part they screw into, then replaced, properly torqued, reassembly and put right back into the newly changed to 2015 model year cars.

The actually driven engines of course will not be put in new cars.

IMHO, no one will ever be able to know if they have a truly newly built engine, or a newly rebuilt new engine in either their 2014 or 2015 cars, and in reality there will be no discernible difference.

Given this point, and if you accept it, then I would argue that those who are relieved to have moved to 2015's probably have a little bit less to be relieved about, and those who are worried about being stuck with 1014's probably have a little bit less to worry about.

IMHO,
-Christian
Old 03-21-2014, 04:28 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JimSand
Eduardo, your input is always appreciated. I just got off the phone with a GT3 Customer Concierge representative and he stated that there are 232 unbuilt GT3s which should now show under D170 status which means that if your allocation never had a Vehicle Completion date then your GT3 would be MY2015.

Thank you!
Same as mine status V170, PAG Handling Necessary.

My dealer is not the only one that received an email late yesterday that this group of cars was moving to MY2015.

As far as the factory releasing MY2015 early, I don't think we will see any 2015s delivered before July.

Ryan
Old 03-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by csmarx
IMHO, no one will ever be able to know if they have a truly newly built engine, or a newly rebuilt new engine in either their 2014 or 2015 cars, and in reality there will be no discernible difference.

Given this point, and if you accept it, then I would argue that those who are relieved to have moved to 2015's probably have a little bit less to be relieved about, and those who are worried about being stuck with 1014's probably have a little bit less to worry about.

IMHO,
-Christian
If true, I'm guessing the people most likely to get factory fresh, un-recycled engines are the first-served batch of owners with 2014 cars already in their garages.....mmwwhahahahahahaha!!......
Old 03-21-2014, 04:45 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by csmarx
I've been reading with interest the debate regarding future value of 2014 vs. 2015 cars. The main point seems to be whether a 2014 car with extended warrantee and perhaps a bit of stigma will be worth less than a 2015 with expired warrantee and no stigma.

Well, consider this question: where do you realistically think the 2014 non-driven, non-delivered engines that were taken out will wind up? It will be impossible to prove, and no one will ever know, but my wager is on them going right back to the factory. They will be opened up under factory conditions, the offending bolts removed, and maybe the part they screw into, then replaced, properly torqued, reassembly and put right back into the newly changed to 2015 model year cars.

The actually driven engines of course will not be put in new cars.

IMHO,
-Christian
I don't know about cars or engines, but electronics that are returned and fixed needs to be marked as refurbished and can't be resold as new by law.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 711 Likes on 337 Posts

Canadians got a call today. Not sure about Yanks or anyone else.

HEY PORSCHE: I've owned over $5mm of your products over the last decade. Perhaps you would be kind enough not have retards with zero information call me in the future?

Pathetic idiots.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:51 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 49 Posts

Got a call today that my April 25 build on my MY14 was still on schedule and should be arriving by the end of May. I was also told that MY15 will not be produced until Fall 14.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:53 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

agree
I ordered a MY '10 RS which was delivered in May '11 as a MY '11RS. PCNA tried to up-charge me the new '11 MSRP, even though I did not get the '11 minor electronic upgrades...eventually PCNA reimbursed me.

Originally Posted by JimSand

Thank you!
Old 03-21-2014, 05:55 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Default '11RS

correction:^
delivered May '10.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

I realize the decisions in the corporate world can be slow. However, it is beyond me how the compensation package can take so long. Obviously, they have been working on this from the Stop Sale order. They have known for quite awhile that the cars will not be returned to their owners any time soon. They have already decided to give loaners. So what is the delay with the compensation package?

Here I sit along with a few hundred others with my car built but unable to drive it. Meanwhile, each day the car depreciates because the engine will be replaced and as we get closer to Y2015 production. It is possible that they could start producing 2015 models without many of us having an opportunity to drive our 2014 models. At least those that took delivery drove and enjoyed their cars for a short while.

I am committed to taking the car even with its warts. But I am not as rich as Porsche and I'll be damned if I will eat a portion of the value of the car because of Porsche's mistake.

Quick Reply: Stop Sale?