Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronan
I heard the colors in the initial rollout would be:

-blood orange
-white
-metallic black
-silver

No decals..

Anyone heard anything different? Quite a conservative lineup.
-blood orange --> told you so, but maybe to red for me.
-white --> *** white the only logical choice if it has anything to do with CUP cars. So no white.
-metallic black --> Can't do black
-silver --> must not be regular plain GT Silver, so this is interesting.

PTS : .1 Green or .1 orange or maybe Riviera blue. But also like luxo vruiser color Atlas Grey...

Originally Posted by mooty
blood orange it shall be.
Love orange, hate red. hope to see some true colors soon.

Originally Posted by Nizer
Disappointed no Signal Green or Maritime/Mexico/Riviera Blue.

Expect to see a lot of Blood Orange RS's running around.

It's either BO or PTS Martime for me.....
Agreed. I must be the only person on the planet that does not like Maritime.... Too dark/purple for me.

I'm getting old, soft, forgetting how to heel n toe, and starting to fit the 991 mold --> No idea about specs and we're talking colors and Benetton stitching, you get what you deserve..
Old 07-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I'm getting old, soft, forgetting how to heel n toe, and starting to fit the 991 mold --> No idea about specs and we're talking colors and Benetton stitching, you get what you deserve..
It ain't over till you tick the *** option....
Old 07-17-2014, 03:32 PM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I test drove 991 turbo today - just to satisfy myself waiting for the RS is worth it....

Getting frustrated no news on the car. Porsche Dubai said nothing - tight lipped and one salesman said its as if the car does not exist! Was offered choice of two GT3's in white. Was tempted but gonna wait for the RS.

If your reading this Porsche Mother Ship - make your mind up on the manual option and give the car its public debut SOON so I can then go make the order!

That turbo is flipping fast btw. Did a standing start and it was so fast I actually made myself giddy! Never experienced that before.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,442 Likes on 2,249 Posts

Originally Posted by 1198r
I test drove 991 turbo today - just to satisfy myself waiting for the RS is worth it....

Getting frustrated no news on the car. Porsche Dubai said nothing - tight lipped and one salesman said its as if the car does not exist! Was offered choice of two GT3's in white. Was tempted but gonna wait for the RS.

If your reading this Porsche Mother Ship - make your mind up on the manual option and give the car its public debut SOON so I can then go make the order!

That turbo is flipping fast btw. Did a standing start and it was so fast I actually made myself giddy! Never experienced that before.
its made up - there will be no manual in the RS.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:37 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Originally Posted by 1198r

Did it blur your vision?
Old 07-17-2014, 03:50 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
its made up - there will be no manual in the RS.
Maybe not to begin, but I am expecting some sort of special edition with manual for the GT3/RS before the generation is over. I could be wrong (I thought Ferrari would do this too, but it's been a long time with only paddles now).
Old 07-17-2014, 04:45 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Originally Posted by GrantG
Maybe not to begin, but I am expecting some sort of special edition with manual for the GT3/RS before the generation is over. I could be wrong (I thought Ferrari would do this too, but it's been a long time with only paddles now).
It's nice to have hope, but I don't see it happening. We might have some hope if the race GT's used a manual, but they don't.

I feel any car that will see the track will have PDK forced on us. Porsche knows what's best for us.
Old 07-17-2014, 05:16 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Considering it's performance that seems to be selling these cars now, we're never going to see another manual. Ferrari, Lamborghini, AMG, Porsche.

I used to think Porsche was the last holdout, but now it seems that BMW M is.

(Excluding American cars, that is.)
Old 07-17-2014, 08:52 PM
PiB993
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 99 Posts

Wasn't there some talk there might be a 'sequential manual' at one point? Not a double clutch PDK but paddles with a clutch peddle. This would keep the weight down.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Considering it's performance that seems to be selling these cars now, we're never going to see another manual. Ferrari, Lamborghini, AMG, Porsche.

I used to think Porsche was the last holdout, but now it seems that BMW M is.

(Excluding American cars, that is.)
Have you driven the new M3/M4? Turbochargers have ruined BMW's. While GT3 owners sacrificed a gear box, M owners sacrificed a high revving motor that will never have instant throttle response and sounds like crap. I was very disappointed in the M3 when I test drove it.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:31 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Engeljizzle
Have you driven the new M3/M4? Turbochargers have ruined BMW's. While GT3 owners sacrificed a gear box, M owners sacrificed a high revving motor that will never have instant throttle response and sounds like crap. I was very disappointed in the M3 when I test drove it.
Totally agree. Porsche is still a winner in my book; that's why I spend so much money on them.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:08 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Engeljizzle
Well it looks like Porsche is headed for all turbo motors (if not hybrid) and PDK in the near future I'm doing my part by stretching budget to buy a Cayman GT4 if it comes with NA and manual.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:27 PM
Ronan
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 66 Posts

I am very sure there is no manual, no turbo on the RS. Obviously they could conceivably change their minds, but as of now, that is the plan. I have no information about subsequent models.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

Well it looks like Porsche is headed for all turbo motors (if not hybrid) and PDK in the near future I'm doing my part by stretching budget to buy a Cayman GT4 if it comes with NA and manual.
I'm curious to what a hybrid will feel like. I would not mind a car that had an n/a motor with a battery. Still would sound great and has Instant throttle response. The la Ferrari looks amazing to drive.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,442 Likes on 2,249 Posts

any thoughts on how the Cayman GT4 might gain an HP hike above that of the GTS (assuming that would be a differentiating feature) w/o resorting to turbo charging? ... or will it simply go on a diet and/or plastic surgery?

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread