Sponsored by:

Tale of a GT2RS Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 08:33 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by CHADW
I get that the system is working well. You are a zero value customer to your dealer (seriously, they don’t need your help to sell GTs) and the system has weeded you out. Why would a dealer give you an allocation? What dealer doesn’t have a customer more deserving than the guy who has bought zero regular cars?

Seeing your entitled hissy fit you just posted I’m sure you are a real pleasure to deal with at the dealership as well.

You still can’t see how hypocritical your outlook is? You want everything at market (or below) until it doesn’t work in your favor.

Good luck on the other side.

As as I said, there is no “fix.” It’s supply and demand. The money will flow somewhere, whether it’s to the mfr, the dealer or the consumer. The Rolex example is another good one.

Your mind has been totally warped by dealers and this adm BS at this point.

I must have some value since I've bought 5 limited production cars from Porsche over the past 5 years and they've all been at msrp. How about you?

Hissy fit? Please. You've never met me.

I'm a local buyer. I'm not moving anywhere. I have a local business that shares customers.

That all means nothing to you and adm guys. That is another part of the problem
Old 04-05-2018, 08:45 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a PTS 991 3.1RS, 3.1 and 3.2 I ordered. I have a new 3.2RS, 2RS and more on order. All at sticker. Plus many others but you care only about the GTs.

Im not a dealer, I didn’t buy a 918 and I don’t like ADMs. I just understand how it all works.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:51 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

I have a PTS 991 3.1RS, 3.1 and 3.2 I ordered. I have a new 3.2RS, 2RS and more on order. All at sticker. Plus many others but you care only about the GTs.

Im not a dealer, I didn’t buy a 918 and I don’t like ADMs. I just understand how it all works.
Maybe you don't know how it works since you think I'm a worthless customer yet I'm getting cars still.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:54 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe. Take care.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
It's total bull****. Klaus Zellmer knows this and the entire PCNA management is in cahoots on it. Literally no other brand does it as seedy as Porsche does.

Why can't Porsche do this???
Originally Posted by ipse dixit
PCNA legally cannot.
Bashing on PCNA is not the answer. They have limited recourse under the current structure as IPSE highlights.

The reality is that Porsche can't keep up with 911 demand period, GT or no. And while expecting PAG to double production of GT cars might seem like a no-brainer, Porsche is a conservative company that hasn't forgotten the lesson of the '80's and building new plants is a slow and capex-intensive exercise. The last thing they want to do is make a major investment to double production of 911/GT cars that comes online right when the market is rolling over. Further, their investment focus is on hybrid and electrification and I can't say I wouldn't make the same decision sitting in their shoes given the regulatory backdrop.

What I find interesting given the number of lawyers on this forum is that nobody has raised the issue of price fixing among dealerships given the numerous stories of dealers calling other dealers to figure out how much they can get away with inflating prices on new GT cars. I suspect this has at least something to do with why Ferrari requires their dealers to sell new cars at MSRP and lets them charge what the market will bear on used cars - it's a lot harder to claim you're selling the same product when it's used.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:59 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Thumbs down

I get that the system is working well. You are a zero value customer to your dealer (seriously, they don’t need your help to sell GTs) and the system has weeded you out. Why would a dealer give you an allocation? What dealer doesn’t have a customer more deserving than the guy who has bought zero regular cars?

Seeing your entitled hissy fit you just posted I’m sure you are a real pleasure to deal with at the dealership as well.

You still can’t see how hypocritical your outlook is? You want everything at market (or below) until it doesn’t work in your favor.

Good luck on the other side.

As as I said, there is no “fix.” It’s supply and demand. The money will flow somewhere, whether it’s to the mfr, the dealer or the consumer. The Rolex example is another good one.

got it your 300 something posts have been so helpful to this board , you know setting the record straight on a fellow member who has contributed 7000+ post on his entitled perspective .

really ,
Old 04-05-2018, 09:05 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

wow , awesome
That's great tell more how it works !
Old 04-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Bashing on PCNA is not the answer. They have limited recourse under the current structure as IPSE highlights.

The reality is that Porsche can't keep up with 911 demand period, GT or no. And while expecting PAG to double production of GT cars might seem like a no-brainer, Porsche is a conservative company that hasn't forgotten the lesson of the '80's and building new plants is a slow and capex-intensive exercise. The last thing they want to do is make a major investment to double production of 911/GT cars that comes online right when the market is rolling over. Further, their investment focus is on hybrid and electrification and I can't say I wouldn't make the same decision sitting in their shoes given the regulatory backdrop.
Sorry, not buying it. They can both make more GT cars, as well as make the ones they are committed to producing be sold in a more agreeable and transparent manner. They sold their souls to the 918 flippers, and now they painted themselves into a corner by having to pander to those people forever.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:49 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,780 Likes on 4,774 Posts

Sorry, not buying it. They can both make more GT cars, as well as make the ones they are committed to producing be sold in a more agreeable and transparent manner. They sold their souls to the 918 flippers, and now they painted themselves into a corner by having to pander to those people forever.
PCNA does not make cars.

Porsche A.G. does.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:53 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for picking the fly $hit out of the mustard. PCNA is a wholly owned subsidiary of PAG and to imply that they chart a separate course than their masters is laughable. The strategy comes from PAG and is followed dutifully by PCNA. The blame for the fact that you cannot get a GT car is jointly held by both of them.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:59 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,780 Likes on 4,774 Posts

Thanks for picking the fly $hit out of the mustard. PCNA is a wholly owned subsidiary of PAG and to imply that they chart a separate course than their masters is laughable. The strategy comes from PAG and is followed dutifully by PCNA. The blame for the fact that you cannot get a GT car is jointly held by both of them.
Ok, if you say so.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:57 PM
Chicago Mike
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's good and bad dealers... The way I see it, if you have to beg someone for an allocation then they probably aren't worth your time. For example, Ferrari is straight to the point if you get an allocation or not and Lamborghini was straight up with me too.

Porsche, on the other hand, is consistently a game for me. Come to think of it, Porsche is really the only dealer that gives me a hard time with allocations. While I was fortunate to get a .2 GT3 at sticker, I was given the run around for the .2 GT3RS and, unfortunately, I will not be getting one. Do I care? NO. I'll go spend my money somewhere else, somewhere where I am appreciated and somewhere that doesn't require me to be someones b*tch. Especially if I have to pay to be the b*tch.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:00 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Ok, if you say so.
It's not a case of if he says so, we all know that Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), the exclusive importer of Porsche sports cars and sport utility vehicles for the United States, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of parent PAG. Why bother even pointing out that the manufacturing entity is PAG and the importing arm is PCNA in response to the point being asserted by Catorce?

Last edited by mcsmcs1; 04-06-2018 at 01:17 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:15 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
In many markets; (Europe?, Canada?) aren’t the dealers forbidden by law from selling above MSRP, BUT are not forbidden from selling below that price should they decide to. It is still a ‘Free’ market in almost all respects except for the fact that there is a price ‘cap’. I doubt that the vast majority of Porsche dealerships in those areas are starving or going out of business.
Bish
That's an excellent point and I would love to hear Soulsea and Chad respond to that fact. I would also point out that VW owns in excess of 500 dealerships directly including 390 Porsche dealerships.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:35 AM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
That's an excellent point and I would love to hear Soulsea and Chad respond to that fact.
I already did respond to that ... I gave the Rolex example in which ADs aren’t allowed to sell over msrp in the US and the resulting consequences. From what I’ve been told PP even goes as far as not making to warranty transferable to second owners in order to discourage flipping ... has it? No.

I mean do you guys believe that I am somehow immune from this ridiculous process of getting a GT car, that I want to pay ADMs, or that any of this is my preference? I am as frustrated as anyone else by this nonsense, and I am not arguing in favor of it ... I’m just laying out the reasons for why it’s happening, and the flawed logic that if dealers were told that they can’t sell over msrp it would solve the problem, for anyone who doesn’t get an allocation will be subject to the exact same ADM from a flipper.

Quick Reply: Tale of a GT2RS Allocation