Sponsored by:

Tale of a GT2RS Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 06:30 PM
PorscheFrank
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by eilig
As the OP, I can tell you that this actually has nothing to do with ADM. It has everything to do with the owner of the dealership making the decision to keep all the allocations for himself and his family. This thread has gotten more than a little off track. I had been promised by the Sales Manager, a guy who I've known very well for many years, that by placing myself first on "the list" a few years ago, I'd be guaranteed a car when it was eventually launched. Then, after the car actually was launched, the owner swooped in and said "Nope, I'm keeping it for myself." Even the Sales Manager was not happy that this happened, it was clear to me. But what can he do? His job is to report to the owner of the dealership, as he's the boss, and it's his call to make. The bottom line is it put the Sales Manager in a very awkward spot, but his hands are tied. And the allocation he'd been promising me for years was undone because the dealership owner wants to have that car parked in his personal garage. Just my opinion, but I'd think that if you want to be in the business of selling cars, you actually should SELL cars, instead of hoarding them for yourself, thereby robbing your customers of the opportunity to buy and own them. Seems like the dealership owner likes to own the dealership not so much for selling cars to customers, but instead so that he can place himself first in line if/when he likes. That, to me, is not good business.
I totally hear you and agree. Sorry that your thread got off the track. You sir are completely entitled to feel miffed and I would too, in your position. My comment was more addressing some of the discussion from earlier today.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 796 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1

Get in line fellas
Yup, just get rid of that jubilee bracelet and polish the pcl's on a gmt.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:45 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Well the watch enthusiasts are surfacing!! don't want to hijack this thread but can't help myself.
I have no interest in watches, but it's a welcome divergence nonetheless.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:00 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
Thank you brother! Hope you are enjoying your trip!
Thanks!! I absolutely am. up late due to jet lag so RL is great for 11:48pm and cannot sleep

As the OP, I can tell you that this actually has nothing to do with ADM. It has everything to do with the owner of the dealership making the decision to keep all the allocations for himself and his family. This thread has gotten more than a little off track. I had been promised by the Sales Manager, a guy who I've known very well for many years, that by placing myself first on "the list" a few years ago, I'd be guaranteed a car when it was eventually launched. Then, after the car actually was launched, the owner swooped in and said "Nope, I'm keeping it for myself." Even the Sales Manager was not happy that this happened, it was clear to me. But what can he do? His job is to report to the owner of the dealership, as he's the boss, and it's his call to make. The bottom line is it put the Sales Manager in a very awkward spot, but his hands are tied. And the allocation he'd been promising me for years was undone because the dealership owner wants to have that car parked in his personal garage. Just my opinion, but I'd think that if you want to be in the business of selling cars, you actually should SELL cars, instead of hoarding them for yourself, thereby robbing your customers of the opportunity to buy and own them. Seems like the dealership owner likes to own the dealership not so much for selling cars to customers, but instead so that he can place himself first in line if/when he likes. That, to me, is not good business.
This has turned into an ADM thread when the OP stated it's not about the ADM but the tactics/decision of the dealership owner which is different. Damn I helped contribute to another ADM thread...we just can't help it LOL

To the OP - sorry to hear. I guess if the owner wants a car he should get one but I wouldn't do it at the expense of a client who already has an expectation of receiving a car by the GSM. I like how CJ is operating putting himself on his own list...that guy is a gentleman and a scholar

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
I have no interest in watches, but it's a welcome divergence nonetheless.
well, I tried...
Old 04-06-2018, 08:20 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
1) Lowest common denominator
2) No child left behind
3) Self entitlement
4) La la land way of doing things
5) All of the above
that's the new mode of education and i am a riot at PTA.
i tell my kids, if you dont study or you dont move fast, I WILL. LEAVE U BEHIND make no mistake about that.
every morning, i back out from driveway with door still open as they get in the car. they know daddy doesn't stop get in or get lost.
forget bring lunch... well TOO BAD bc no one will bring you lunch.
you should see how efficient they are now.

... unless the owner of the dealership (and his son) want to keep the allocations for themselves - in which case, none of these factors matter one bit.
well then there's greed and karma.
you know, sometimes the guy standing next to you suddenly collapse and die horribly... KARMA...
many ppl have insomnia... see ghost at night... we say that in chines, it's bc what they did in the past or during the day. hell, my head hits the pillow, 2 seconds, i am snoring away.
they will be facing some bigger problems ... so that extra $100k they made may not be worth it.

Originally Posted by Cyrek

i just sold two for 17500 white face. They are allocated pieces but you can still find them for less than the EBay items you’ve seen sell. Now the new jubilee Pepsi GMT......

i get them every year at msrp. i send them to friends at msrp.
i really love them, but i am blind ... (yes scary that i track.... but when you can't see you go fast) and can't read daytona's dial ....
SDDS is big enough that i can guess what time it is. i am waiting for a 50mm SDDS ;-)

sport line with jubilee bracelet is just wrong. it's like GT3RSR with air cond seats.
soon you will have presidential bracelet on explorers....
fleecing of the brand... hum.. am i talking about porsche or rolex.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,875 Likes on 970 Posts

If you aren't already in line, you are too late. It's like the 3RS/2RS LOL. Time to go shop at McLaren/Ferrari/Lambor.. oh wait I mean Omega/Hublot/Breitling/Cartier...
i'd put that group of wrist rockets more at the Audi, BMW, MB level... just sayin'
Old 04-06-2018, 08:33 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ elitist LMAO
Old 04-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Well the watch enthusiasts are surfacing!! don't want to hijack this thread but can't help myself..

People love the SS SkyD because it's now available at 30% of the WG cost when 99 out of 100 people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I had the SS black dial (I bought it simply because I was offered one at MSRP and wanted to try it out) and agree, it was way too bulky/blingy for my taste and traded it a couple days later.

I had the 116520 and got it at MSRP as well, it was my favorite until I was able to get the 116500. The 520's only weakness IMO was the bezel, if you just breathe on it - it would scratch and my OCD couldn't handle that...hence the skyrocket in demand for the 500 with the gorgeous ceramic bezel.
Being a submariner guy, I'm pretty content with 16610lv.

But I really want that pepsi GMT knowing that it's less scratch-prone SS
Old 04-06-2018, 09:01 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ good taste
i am mostly sub no date, SDDS
looking for the last gen SD40
Old 04-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ good taste
i am mostly sub no date, SDDS
looking for the last gen SD40
16600?

It's shouldn't be a hard find to find one. Probably hard to find a mint example.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:02 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,741 Likes on 5,127 Posts

Rolex watches are just glitter for hoi polloi.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:05 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
a dogmatic and unproven statement.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:26 AM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i really love them, but i am blind ... (yes scary that i track.... but when you can't see you go fast) and can't read daytona's dial ....
SDDS is big enough that i can guess what time it is. i am waiting for a 50mm SDDS ;-)
Hah, by the time I could afford a daytona my eyes were too old to read em, even my SD40 sits in the a drawer. Big Pilot fixed that but kinda tempted to get the new SDDS or a 42mm explorer and knock the cyclops off....
Old 04-07-2018, 12:29 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Ascend
16600?

It's shouldn't be a hard find to find one. Probably hard to find a mint example.
yes but i wnat a new one with open card so i can put my name on it then beat the **** out of it
i have an explorer 1 (not the old $$$ stuff) bought it in college rarely ever came off my wrist. raced MTB and crashed with it all rashed up. love it.
i want to do the same with a new 16600

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
well yes and no.
in the watch world rolex sport line are low end cheap watches.
the good stuff are way more than GT3/RS
but these things are built like tanks. my explorer 1 : i bath / shower with it on for 15 plus year never serviced it.
when i finally serviced it 20 years later. they called me "you have a lot of rusted parts in it, we will repalce those parts"...
despite the rust. it never missed a beat.
it's like an old tennis shoe, it just works. a tool not a jewelry to me.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:32 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ajw45
Hah, by the time I could afford a daytona my eyes were too old to read em, even my SD40 sits in the a drawer. Big Pilot fixed that but kinda tempted to get the new SDDS or a 42mm explorer and knock the cyclops off....
lol
join the club of the blind with me.
i can read SD40 but not the date
but i hate cyclops (on watches or on GT3s)
i have IWCBP 5002/5004 and i think 5009 ceramic top gun. but they aren't as durable as rolex. sometimes i use my james cameron as a hammer to pound tack pins into the board. my BP didn't do very well in that respect. you should see the face of the service guy at iwc boutique when i told him why i cracked the case.

Quick Reply: Tale of a GT2RS Allocation