Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BYE BYE Cayman - HELLO America Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Old 04-30-2007, 08:55 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Calling a 911 a hopped up VW is only an insult if you buy a Porsche for the image. Otherwise it wouldn't matter since VW's are great cars.
Now's that got to be the most moronic statements I've read yet on Rennlist... That's like saying people who buy Ferraris for image are buying a hopped up FIAT... Keep up with the humor, I'm enjoying it
Old 04-30-2007, 09:12 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bloodraven
Don't get me wrong, I love 911's. However, you have to face facts. The 911 is a souped up beetle...

You saying there is something wrong with owning a 944? I don't regret that decision one bit. It's fast, and I know many 944 Turbos that would completely own that 911 of yours.

Or, do you find it embarrassing that someone half your age, probably more (23 years old) makes as much money as you do now and has a better grasp of how to enjoy life while living sensibly? I mean, cmon, if you are buying a porsche because of resale value, aren't you really just saying "Look at my insecurities!! I have this really expensive car that people drool over, but because I am unsure of my ability to make a halfway sensible economic decision that might better me and my family, I bought this specific model so that I am safe from having to face the fact later that I am completely inadequate as a husband and a father." is that it?

Anyway, the whole point of the insult was because of your unfounded opinion that the Cayman is really not that much of a car. Its only one of the most highly reviewed cars. Every magazine that has tested it has said it one of the best cars to come out of Germany in a long time.

I think you are the ONLY one that has something bad to say about that car...

So yeah...**** you and your elitist opinion!!
Wow... You just made a HUGE statement about your personality... I truly think you need some help... By the way, profanity is the idiot's way of communicating... The insults are quite interesting considering you don't even know who you're talking to...

Check your facts... The trade in rate on a Cayman is the highest for PCNA... I wonder why that is? Could it be that most are being traded in on Carreras? That after the hipe of the initial purchase it's a pretty bland car? Well, if you check the facts, that's exactly what's happening... If it's got such a great reputation, then why can't the dealers sell them? Maybe you are right and the rest of the world is wrong...

As far as your kids comment is concerned... I've raised 5 to adults and thank God they're all healthy... But most of all, I thank God that none are like you...

You aweful defensive about that 944... Since you like the Cayman so much (and I can respect that), why don't you trade your 944 Turbo (not hand-made but built on the Audi assembly line) in and get $2-3k toward a new Cayman...

Now, you didn't ask my opinion about the 944... Frankly, I like them... We're looking for one right now for my 20 year old son to use as an autocross car... But, it too is not a Carrera by any stretch of the imagination...
Old 04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Originally Posted by bull30
Now's that got to be the most moronic statements I've read yet on Rennlist...
You must be new here
That's like saying people who buy Ferraris for image are buying a hopped up FIAT.
I know a few Ferrari owner/experts/restorers that would agree with that statement when applied to a few select models. Most Fiat fans would say that statement is an insult to Fiats.
Keep up with the humor, I'm enjoying it
That's actually very sad
944 Turbo (not hand-made but built on the Audi assembly line)
Considering how many Porsche's & Audi's are in my history - I would say that is a very positive statement towards the quality of the 944 line.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:05 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hope to see you and the car in Rockville this Sunday via the Rennlist "Meet and Greet"!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 12:46 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry for asking a dumb question but aside from its limited numbers why exactly is this car so coveted?

Aesthetically it doesn't seem like anything I haven't seen many times before and I don't recall this car being lauded as a performer like the CaymanS.

p.s.
If CaymanS ever does become "a $20K" I might buy one in each color. That kind of mid engine performance and bizzare reliability (37K miles on my BoxsterS withone $350 repair to date ) for the price of a new Honda is a day I am EAGERLY expecting...in other words don't count on it, the spec racer's will spoil the fun for everybody!!

Last edited by perfectlap; 04-30-2007 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:58 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

Wow... You just made a HUGE statement about your personality... I truly think you need some help... By the way, profanity is the idiot's way of communicating... The insults are quite interesting considering you don't even know who you're talking to...

Check your facts... The trade in rate on a Cayman is the highest for PCNA... I wonder why that is? Could it be that most are being traded in on Carreras? That after the hipe of the initial purchase it's a pretty bland car? Well, if you check the facts, that's exactly what's happening... If it's got such a great reputation, then why can't the dealers sell them? Maybe you are right and the rest of the world is wrong...

As far as your kids comment is concerned... I've raised 5 to adults and thank God they're all healthy... But most of all, I thank God that none are like you...

You aweful defensive about that 944... Since you like the Cayman so much (and I can respect that), why don't you trade your 944 Turbo (not hand-made but built on the Audi assembly line) in and get $2-3k toward a new Cayman...

Now, you didn't ask my opinion about the 944... Frankly, I like them... We're looking for one right now for my 20 year old son to use as an autocross car... But, it too is not a Carrera by any stretch of the imagination...
Profanity may be the idiots way of communication, but sometimes, nothing gets the point across like a nice, simple F-U.

Don't know who I'm talking to? It seems pretty obvious. Someone who looks at Porsche as merely a name so he can show off. No one here cares that you have "#194 of 250". That doesn't make you special, and have a car that as nothing special about it aside from some trim pieces that make it look more like a turbo WITHOUT having the turbo, does not make it any better than any car Porsche has ever made.

The point is this, if you want to act like an elitist *******, which is apparently what you enjoy doing, take it elsewhere chum. We here on Rennlist like to take care of each other and back each other up. We all have the same name on the front of our cars, and they all share a rich heritage. There was no point in you coming in here and degrading a car like it is a fact that the car sucks. Because it isn't a fact. It seems just about everyone here loves this car, and you coming in and bashing it was nothing more than a troll post to try and **** people off.

Simply put, if you don't like the car, don't say anything bad about it. You the age old adage "nothing nice to say"....I hope you taught your kids better than that, hopefully they act more mature than you do.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:04 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Simply put, if you don't like the car, don't say anything bad about it. You the age old adage "nothing nice to say"....I hope you taught your kids better than that, hopefully they act more mature than you do.
Seems to me that the only nasty person here is you... Trust me that I taught my kids to act much more intelligent than the rants you have displayed...

You sound pretty immature to me... Must be nice to curse at someone and hide behind a vail of annonimity... But that the way most cowards act... If that's you in the picture with your stupid tongue sticking out, I hit the immaturity nail on the head!!! You look like a loser to me...
Old 04-30-2007, 06:27 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

My friend, many people here on Rennlist have met me in person and will be the first to say that not only am I not immature, I am not cowering behind a veil of anything. Yes, that is me in the picture, and forgive me if I like to have a little fun and take a funny picture every once in awhile. Is that wrong? No...

What is wrong however is coming into a place that is genuinely filled with caring, compassionate people, and degrade users for their choice in what vehicle they drive. Am I knocking you? Yes, I have insulted you quite a few times...maybe you need to get the picture that you have pissed off some people by INSULTING THEM! You don't seem to get it, do you? This whole thing goes back to the fact that you insulted PEOPLE based on the vehicle that they purchased. I myself have no problem whatsoever with your 911. I think it is a beautiful piece of machinery. However, you throw insults, I'll throw them right back.

And loser? Again, face the facts. I'm 23 years old, I make more than most people in their 40's. I work hard for what I have, and I enjoy life. I don't drink, do drugs, party, act immature in any way whatsoever (aside from the occasional poop joke....who doesn't like those??)

And, as immature as this will sound, and to continue the "bigger dick" argument we have going here, I would be more than happy to drive to Maryland and continue the conversation in person. And I guarantee you that I will not whimsically let go of anything I said beforehand. My stance is the same in person or online.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by perfectlap
sorry for asking a dumb question but aside from its limited numbers why exactly is this car so coveted?
Limited numbers plus the American Roadster name. Plus, because the car is rare, most of them are low mileage and kept in very good condition by owners who really care about the car. That's really all there is to it.

As a similar example, I've never understood why the RS America is held in such high regard, but again it's a matter of rarity. The RSA is basically a 964 with the sport suspension, a few extra HP (less than 10), manual steering, and a few less pounds. Nice car, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't explain the large difference in value between the regular 964's and RSA's unless you take rarity into account.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, and I forgot to add:

This thread is out of control!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:39 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

My friend, many people here on Rennlist have met me in person and will be the first to say that not only am I not immature, I am not cowering behind a veil of anything. Yes, that is me in the picture, and forgive me if I like to have a little fun and take a funny picture every once in awhile. Is that wrong? No...

And loser? Again, face the facts. I'm 23 years old, I make more than most people in their 40's. I work hard for what I have, and I enjoy life. I don't drink, do drugs, party, act immature in any way whatsoever (aside from the occasional poop joke....who doesn't like those??)

And, as immature as this will sound, and to continue the "bigger dick" argument we have going here, I would be more than happy to drive to Maryland and continue the conversation in person. And I guarantee you that I will not whimsically let go of anything I said beforehand. My stance is the same in person or online.
This isn't a "Bigger Dick" thing as you put it... I pointed out something quite obvious and must have struck a BIG nerve as now you have become a braggard too... AND, you seem to find it necessary to defend yourself constantly... As far as your age... That's only cronological you are actually a lot younger than that in maturity...

I suggest some therapy... I think you really need it...

Enough said on this topic... I hate bantering with a MENTAL MIDGET!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Drew_K
Limited numbers plus the American Roadster name. Plus, because the car is rare, most of them are low mileage and kept in very good condition by owners who really care about the car. That's really all there is to it.

As a similar example, I've never understood why the RS America is held in such high regard, but again it's a matter of rarity. The RSA is basically a 964 with the sport suspension, a few extra HP (less than 10), manual steering, and a few less pounds. Nice car, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't explain the large difference in value between the regular 964's and RSA's unless you take rarity into account.
Basically I wanted a limited production car with low mileage... I love Porsches but would have considered several other cars... I'm not into racing at all... I drive for the pure joy of driving... The Roadster came along with low mileage and extremely limited production numbers... Just what I was looking for at the time... So, I bought it... When I received the COA from the President PCNA, he congratulated me on purchasing one of the rarest limited production Porsches ever made... Very few people know about them... I've been offered a substantial amount more than I paid for the car already after winning 2 best of shows... I'll never let it go... It will be willed to my grandson...
Old 04-30-2007, 06:55 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

This isn't a "Bigger Dick" thing as you put it... I pointed out something quite obvious and must have struck a BIG nerve as now you have become a braggard too... AND, you seem to find it necessary to defend yourself constantly... As far as your age... That's only cronological you are actually a lot younger than that in maturity...

I suggest some therapy... I think you really need it...

Enough said on this topic... I hate bantering with a MENTAL MIDGET!!!
So, what exactly, in detail, have I said (aside from the **** you) that might make you deem me immature? There is nothing obvious about what you said. You insulted Cayman owners, then insulted 944 owners. All I did was return the favor. I'm not the first one to say something in this thread about your elitist attitude. You seem like the type of guy who likes having a Porsche simply so people know you have money.

And I wasn't bragging, merely trying to enlighten you on who I am. You call me immature and a loser. I am anything but.

Basically, stop with the "I'm better than you" attitude, and no one here would have any problems with you. Or, so I can fulfill your opinion of me, don't be such a dick and shut the **** up.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:09 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

So, what exactly, in detail, have I said (aside from the **** you) that might make you deem me immature? There is nothing obvious about what you said. You insulted Cayman owners, then insulted 944 owners. All I did was return the favor. I'm not the first one to say something in this thread about your elitist attitude. You seem like the type of guy who likes having a Porsche simply so people know you have money.

And I wasn't bragging, merely trying to enlighten you on who I am. You call me immature and a loser. I am anything but.

Basically, stop with the "I'm better than you" attitude, and no one here would have any problems with you. Or, so I can fulfill your opinion of me, don't be such a dick and shut the **** up.
Sorry you're so insecure... Never took a better than you attitude... I'm just toying with a clown... Isn't it interesting how you were the one that originally attacked me and but now you are on the defensive... Trying to explain who you are and what you're all about (as if I really care?)... It's really kind of comical... Like I said, no challenge dealing with a mental midget...

Quick Reply: BYE BYE Cayman - HELLO America Roadster