Hershey 2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:19 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol
Jon I don't think we'd be welcome there either.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:21 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Anyhow, I've sent mr. owner an email asking to talk to him via phone.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:42 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=968Owner;7511785][QUOTE=PorscheDude1;7510510]Yep! The new happy family does not discriminate!

This was one of the only, if not the only mistake made by the organizers. Pat does not own a 968 any longer and should not have been allowed to attend just because he is friends with some of the organizers. I thought it was rude of him to attend the gathering of 968 owners and awkward for a few owners too polite to say anything. It was especially so with his 944 there, he should have gone and hung out at a gathering of 944/951 owners and dropped by at the swap meet to say hello. If you don't own a 968 than you should niot be at a 968 owner event, is it really that hard to understand? Buy another 968 and attend next year or stay away.

If a 968 owner wanted to drive a different vehicle than their 968, perhaps a big enough vehicle to haul away some large swap meet scores that would be perfectly acceptable since they own a 968 and I am sure even if they drove one of their other Porsches they would have parked the non 968 vehicle way away from the assembled 968s.

Other than that it was a very well done event, kudos to Jeff, Jim, Jay, Darryl and Kathy for doing all the heavy lifting required to bring this thing together.

I have nothing against any other type of Porsche, except maybe the Panamerica any enjoy hanging out with other enthusiast but when it is a "968 Celebration" for 968 owners it shuold remain exclusively for 968 owners even if the person involved is freinds with several of the attendees.

/Rant off
Please resume you normal bickering.
This is a load of bull****. It's too bad that you have to hide behind a new account to keep everyone from knowing how much of a pretentious jerk you are. I was there. You saw my car. If I brought my 944 turbo I would have been shunned as well? It's this kind of elitist attitude that kept us from buying a 911. If this is how someone in the 968 community is going to treat another Porsche owner, then I don't know if I'll continue our involvement. Just because Pat decided to sell his 968 means that he's no longer good enough to be around you? How important do you think you are? So a "968 Celebration" requires that you currently own one? Jesus.

Pat, I saw your post on 968forums apologizing. You don't have to apologize for a damn thing. I think this coward who decided that they needed to hide their identity on the internet owes you, and the rest of the assembled group, an apology for being such an ***.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Fox944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back (5 Hour) trip for me, a stop @ Hershey Park & then the Auto museum added a few hours to my trip home. My long drive home became a tad entertaining during the last 100mils of the trip (ran into a modified 993 (who happens to live in my neck of the woods) and got to play a little.

What a great event. The wine reception was very welcoming and dinner was great saturday night. Plenty of gorgeous 968's as usual. My buddy picked up a set of wheels for a 1/3rd their worth. I also won 2nd place among the Coupes that attended. Thank you so much everyone who voted for my car.

Will upload several photos i took within the next couple of days and post them up.

Pat, you are a huge support to the community with or without your 968. You have helped so many people trouble shoot issues & get parts they needed. There was no need to apologie to anyone. furthermore, not a single person had any issus with you being there, in fact....many were happy you attended. Whoever posted their distaste for you being there was likely not even present at the event and created a user name just to post this and stir the pot.

This was a gathering of 968 enthusiasts. You don't need to own one to appreciate them.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
968Owner

Originally Posted by ramius665

This is a load of bull****. It's too bad that you have to hide behind a new account to keep everyone from knowing how much of a pretentious jerk you are.
I think this coward who decided that they needed to hide their identity on the internet owes you, and the rest of the assembled group, an apology for being such an ***.
Of course it's a load of bull****. I've sent Patrick an apology via email and my apologies to the rest of you, although it was interesting to see the 968ers (and the few 944 people who ventured in) actually united for a change. Never thought it would be taken seriously as it was so over the top in stretching some of the 968 forum insanity to the extreme. I had second thoughts about it fairly early on but you can't edit or delete a post when you are a guest. So to the one or two people who realized what this was to the rest who got justifiably upset I apologize. To those of you who continue to bicker about inane things please think before you post some your petty squabbles in here.

Now I am slinking away with my tail between my legs truly feeling badly for Patrick as I said I never thought it would be taken seriously.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So, 968owner, who are you? Shouldn't you fess up?
Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

lol This reminds me of the time I drove my 968 to the 928 Owners COnvention in Wichita a couple of years ago. They were holding it at the indoor convention center and it was a pretty big deal. I was planning on parking outside in the lot, but a couple of the organizers saw me and waved me inside. Once inside, the folks directing me where to park put me about dead center on the floor, surrounded by 928's. Jay Willwood had just picked up his 968 (from Trev, iirc) and also had his inside but was parked along the perimeter and was keeping a low profile.

Anyway, pretty much all the "group" pictures that everyone was taking from the balcony "featured" my 968, and I still occasionally get reminders from 928 owners. lol
Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

Yes, who are you are? My guess is the only reason you chose Rennlist to sign on and post that type of thread is because you are a coward. This is one of the only Porsche forums that you can sign in as a user and not provide any back ground info.

Man up or go away! My guess is that you will go away, because you have already been banned from this site!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Amen Joel, even though smokie and I disagree often, a nasty and anonymous attack is cowardly.

Last edited by Damian in NJ; 04-26-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:55 PM
ramius665
Rennlist Member

Personally, it wouldn't have been so inflammatory except this was our first 968-centric event and we really enjoyed ourselves. Given that we come from a 944/951 background, it was particularly offensive that someone with a 944 Turbo would be excluded, in reality or just in writing. That easily could have been us instead.

968Owner, my wife and I found your "joke" in bad taste. I'm really glad that the everyone supported Pat in this public forum.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:56 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

No worries Mr. 968owner. I think you've actually made a good point to everyone. (most will get it, some won't).
It's a shame I was at the blunt end of a bad joke (or good if people heed the subject).
I really can't say how truely touched I am by everyone standing by my side. It really means allot to me.

Thank you!!!

Damien when Raj and yourself are ready to meet for a beer or a cup of coffee and pie you know how to get in touch. I think it's a shame you feel "it's status quo on everything else". Seems you are preventing true harmony in the community holding on to old feelings.

What really sucks is, today should not have been about "me" but all of you.
I logged in this morning just wanting to see more 968 pictures and hear what a great time everyone had.

Now, someone please, post more pics.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:38 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Pat, things have been better since we crossed paths at Hershey. To be honest, I respected you for standing up and not acting any different in person. It's the hypocrites that I can't stand. People that act one way in person and then act differently behind a computer screen.
I am the same person in front of a person, or behind a screen. No dual personalities. What you see is what you get, no sugar-coating.
I am glad this turned out well and people stood up for the right thing.
Regards.
Raj
Old 04-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

So was this your joke.

Now its Raj and Damian who are at fault for upsetting all of the 968 world harmony.

Damian reached out to you and now you claim that its his and Raj that now keep the 2 now 3 968 world apart.

Damn do not be such a lemming!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:47 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Raj, just because we don't see eye to eye, the respect is mutual.
Perhaps we could all (you know who you are, myself included) could drop the ego's and put the past where it belongs, in the past.
Perhaps a new era of true peace, harmony, friendships and mutual respect can work in this small but deeply fractured community.

My offer still stands.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

So Pat, I have to ask are you 968Owner?

Joel

Quick Reply: Hershey 2010