968 Forum 1992-1995

Hershey 2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 01:18 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not think so, so once again we'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:21 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mark it seems I've really offended a few folks, so an appology has been put forth.
Guess I've been "put in my place" and will ungracefully bow out of the community that has been, up until this weekend very good me.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheDude1
Mark it seems I've really offended a few folks, so an appology has been put forth.
Guess I've been "put in my place" and will ungracefully bow out of the community that has been, up until this weekend very good me.
A new person comes on in ONE post and gets smokie to stand down? C'mon, I'm not buying it. Did you get similar comments at the event?? This isn't exactly like when some 944 guys tried to crash the event a few years ago.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:47 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PorscheDude1
I do not think there is any need to bow out of the 968 community however do what you feel you must.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:16 PM
z851@yahoo.com
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first read the nasty post this morning I was just going to let it go. But I have to make 2 comments:

1) I am happy for you 968Owner, that this is the biggest concern in your life, that you felt necessary to comment as you did.

2) Did your kinder garden teacher also comment "does not play well with others, does not share toys".

Remember the PCA slogan "Its not just the cars, it is the People"?

We are all one community with a common enthusiasm about 968s. I just don't understand the petty BS. It is bad enough that we have a shop owner and another member that cause stress within the community, we don't need some childish bickering like this. We should all be supportive of each other. Weather it is sharing technical expertise or some compassion for a member who is struggling with our current economy. Next year Pat, you can take my car to the meet.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:21 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

News flash, this entire thread has been a joke since the middle of page 4. Relax.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Raison Debtre
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Rennlisters,

Sorry that I have not participated in Rennlist much but I have enjoyed the community and mostly have made friends through 968forums. I slide over here from time to time and think it's cool that many 968 owners participate in many of the forums

When I saw Pat's apology I wanted to that share that I have enjoyed his presence in the community overall and got lots of great tips and insight from him.

I don't accept his apology because I believe it's about the individual and I don't feel that he has anything for which to apologize. I think it's cool that he has valued us enough to stick around, even though his 968 is gone.

968owner - I respect your opinion, just disagree. But I do understand about a photo shoot and if there was an official photo lineup, I would think Pat would be the first one to slide out of the shot.

I'll try to make the event next year and hope to meet many of you in person, including Patrick, who I also have never met except through the web.

Respectfully,

Scott Collins

Last edited by Raison Debtre; 04-25-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelled apologize "apologizer". can't type worth a darn
Old 04-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

And furthermore PorscheDude1 should have all of his threads and posted related to 968's removed and now have a status of "Noob!"

How dare him!
Old 04-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Everyone here knows that smokie and I don't exchange Christmas cards; that said, if the organizers accepted his money to attend the event he has every right to attend, if he's sensitive not to stick his car in the middle of all the 968s for photos and the like. And I think it's classless for 968owner to start an account here and post anonymously shredding him. smokie has been cheerleading the event in the preceding weeks, why didn't anyone speak up then, knowing he was coming?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:33 PM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

with that out of the way. here are the only worthless pics I took this year after I pulled into the hotel parking lot Saturday am.
Attached Images      
Old 04-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Nice pictures, I remember the year we had what seemed to be a mini tornado in the same parking lot.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:22 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the support guys. Honestly I'm not phased at all.
It would be nice if Mr. 968Owner revealled his name. He has a PM incoming.

Truth be known, I (and my lowley 944) were welcomed by all with open arms by all.
Lorri and I had a wonderful time. Wish we could have stayed for dinner with everyone.
Next year i may show up in a rusty old Pinto if I can find one...

Yes! Pictures! And notice not a 944 insight...
Old 04-25-2010, 07:26 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Oh yea Damien, I think that's the difference between Smokie and PD.
Smokie was full of fire and angst, where as PD is a little more mellow, relaxed and mature. IMHO anyways.
Thanks for your support? I think? Perhaps there is still hope for all to get along sometime.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

I think you were unfairly picked on in this instance, that's all, by someone who came here just to post on the issue. 968owner should get banned, or rebanned, or given a timeout for calling you out without identifying himself. Status quo on everything else.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

PorscheDude1, rumor has it next year no water cooled 4-bangers are allowed at Hershey. Its a Porsche only event after all. We might be welcome at the VW meet (Volkfest). Its only about 6 miles down the road.

Quick Reply: Hershey 2010