968 Forum 1992-1995

Various new 968 products, Turbo RS type II wing, 993 headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 06:04 PM
944er-teile.de
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by future
We were sent a set of OEM 968 wings from a European customer’s 968 CS whom wanted our new conversion kit ASAP so that we could use to take new moulds from. For a reason unknown to myself the customer did not want his OEM fenders back and said we could do as we pleased with them:

Below – Beni cut out the forward section from the OEM steel front fender:
I know these yellow fenders very well as they came from my car want to call Beni today and have to try again tomorrow when to fetch the fenders from Switzerland... have to complete my car now as spring is coming soon
Old 01-14-2011, 11:24 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

And IIRC, its .32cd for the 951, which was world class in its time and 968's are .33cd.
Raj
Old 01-15-2011, 12:11 AM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 944er-teile.de
I know these yellow fenders very well as they came from my car want to call Beni today and have to try again tomorrow when to fetch the fenders from Switzerland... have to complete my car now as spring is coming soon
968 owners everywhere would like to thank you for your donation to science.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:54 AM
944er-teile.de
Instructor

Originally Posted by PorscheG96
968 owners everywhere would like to thank you for your donation to science.
first thing I was thinking about was my car... I'll send some pics after having the parts on
Old 01-16-2011, 03:30 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Beni -

The piece looks fantastic. Couple of questions for you:
- will the front of the car be less rigid with these new fenders? If so, was it noticeable to you?
- how well do the headlights now light up the road? Have you tested them with everything properly mounted to the car?

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:19 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Who cares about how they light up the road? Upgrade headlights for looks, not for looking! LOL j/k.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
future
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first thing I was thinking about was my car... I'll send some pics after having the parts on
A big thanks Sir ... it was me whom called you the other day about your 944 Cup car Can’t wait to see the pics installed. Are we painting them for you also?

Beni -

The piece looks fantastic. Couple of questions for you:
- will the front of the car be less rigid with these new fenders? If so, was it noticeable to you?
- how well do the headlights now light up the road? Have you tested them with everything properly mounted to the car?

Thanks.

SM – No there will be/is no reduction in rigidity as the fenders are not structural
They light the road MUCH better than stock and stock 993 for that matter You can get a good indication of how bright they are on page 3 of this thread (also see my last note further below).

Who cares about how they light up the road? Upgrade headlights for looks, not for looking! LOL j/k.
Thanks Arash – LOL ... Wise words spoken from a track gent I'm guessing

Another quick project update ... we are currently working on an integrated 55watt Spot Light and Brake Duct kit to compliment this kit based on the 993 Turbo S brake ducts. Also following is a new front splitter again based on the 993 Turbo S with complimenting rockers/sideskirts ... I'll update in the very near future.

Best regards,
Mark and Beni
Old 01-17-2011, 05:39 PM
odb812
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
Who cares about how they look or how they light up the road. Upgrading the headlights is to save weight.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:54 PM
944er-teile.de
Instructor

A big thanks Sir ... it was me whom called you the other day about your 944 Cup car Can’t wait to see the pics installed. Are we painting them for you also?
nope - I'll paint them here in germany as the front bumper, hood and some other parts have to be painted too...

Received some offers for the cup car but been strong enough to resist since about 2 years... I'll never get one again for sure! will get it nice and sweet again someday when everything else is fixed and I got some time.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:27 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by odb812
Who cares about how they look or how they light up the road. Upgrading the headlights is to save weight.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

SM – No there will be/is no reduction in rigidity as the fenders are not structural
They light the road MUCH better than stock and stock 993 for that matter You can get a good indication of how bright they are on page 3 of this thread (also see my last note further below).

Thanks Arash – LOL ... Wise words spoken from a track gent I'm guessing

Another quick project update ... we are currently working on an integrated 55watt Spot Light and Brake Duct kit to compliment this kit based on the 993 Turbo S brake ducts. Also following is a new front splitter again based on the 993 Turbo S with complimenting rockers/sideskirts ... I'll update in the very near future.

Best regards,
Mark and Beni
That's something I'd be interested in, the fog light/brake duct combo, it looks the bomb.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

now this matter.... what combinations to run on the drls, and lows beams ? thinking like 8,000 k for the lights nearest to the ground, and 6,000 k for the low beams.... or maybe just staying 6,000/6,000 k. the bling foto at the end is interesting. and they'd put you in prison in massachusetts for running a combination like that.

/
Attached Images     
Old 01-17-2011, 09:53 PM
sydneyman
Nordschleife Master

that 993 pic is exactly what i want... maybe with this new brake duct/fog light set up im hearing about!
Old 01-17-2011, 11:17 PM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Don't be a ricer, always get 4300K HID bulbs
Old 01-17-2011, 11:36 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

6,000/6,000 k should be fine. just wondering if i can ramp it up to 8,000 K for the bumper/drl's.

i should ask what the 993 guys run.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...hd-lights.html

ok, ring one up for 5,000 k lamps....

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Got mine from DDM Tuning. Overpaid $10 for 4 spade connectors so get the slim std kit. I bought the 5K 35W version and couldn't be happier. Matches the LED driving lights very well.

Originally Posted by ltc
^ + 1 on the OEM Litronics kit.

Available from Gert:
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p93047.htm

Or the non OEM kit from Gert:
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p061.htm

btw, it appears the 993 oem lamps all came "Xenon/Litronic" ready. wondering what we'll need to do with Benji's lamps....

https://rennlist.com/forums/stuff-wa...headlamps.html

Originally Posted by odurandina
on christmas list this year is a set complete 993 HID (housings w/ lenses) or if anyone can offer advice about just getting non-HID lamps and cost to upgrade. thanks.

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
I thought all the housings were the same, factory litronic or not. That's been my understanding, since simply getting an aftermarket HID kit seems to be da bomb.

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
The aftermarket HID's are a one size fits all deal. You won't have any problems.... just deciding 35W vs 55W and the color. Make sure you order the correct fitting. I assume its H1 on the 968 too.

the good of oem xenon litronic: i'm thinking the "polyellipsoid (PES) reflector," as they call it, is a superior set up behind the lens...... the good of oem non-xenon: less $$$$... and i like the idea of the non-xenon lamp becuase i can choose a hotter, 6,000 K light.

Quick Reply: Various new 968 products, Turbo RS type II wing, 993 headlight conversion