968 Forum 1992-1995

Door handle Fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 02:19 AM
968gene
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Door handle Fix

My door handles are loose due to bad gaskets, Anyone know of the best source for a fix? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:18 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Gene, a friendly suggestion. This is not the way you want to start on a new forum. You won't be making many friends and also its against rennlist policies. Just scroll down a few threads and you will see what I mean.
Raj
Old 02-20-2005, 11:16 AM
ldt1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to intrude, but just out of curiosity, what did he do that was wrong???????
Old 02-20-2005, 11:35 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Idt, in case you don't know..
That signature on the bottom is against rennlist policy. Something similar has been occuring on other websites as well. If you look down a couple of threads, you will see what I mean. Its like going to the Pepsi factory wearing a coke outfit. Would not sit well, would it?
Regards.
Raj
Old 02-20-2005, 11:55 AM
flash968
Banned

i read the policy - where does it say that? the limitations of links in signatures is limited to the exclusion of links to commercial sites that are not rennlist sponsors - the intention is to curtail advertisers from utilizing that as a means of cimcumventing the payment of a sponsor fee - nothing like that is happening here
Old 02-20-2005, 12:55 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by flash968
i read the policy - where does it say that? the limitations of links in signatures is limited to the exclusion of links to commercial sites that are not rennlist sponsors - the intention is to curtail advertisers from utilizing that as a means of cimcumventing the payment of a sponsor fee - nothing like that is happening here
No - what is "happening here" - and I'm really getting tired of - is launching your new 968 website by trolling Rennlist. I'm thrilled that there is another 968 Forum - but, I'm pretty certain I didn't "launch Rennlist" by soliciting for new users on your Forum? Please -do me the same professional courtesy.

Oh - and BTW - Raj and the others are correct. It is against the Rennlist Policy - and has been for years. It states (#16):

While paid Membership is not required to access/post to Rennlist, site users do not have implied permission therefore, to "launch" their website within any Rennlist public area(s), nor patronize their website within Rennlist and its users for any reason whatsoever. If you would like to use Rennlist to publicize your website, please have written approval first from the site administrator - it's common courtesy. How would you feel if Rennlist SPAMMED your site users/visitors? In the meantime, if you make such a post - it will be deleted and may result in your being banned from this site.

And if I get one more reported post from a Rennlist Member about trolling the Rennlist Forums - I will not be as understanding and patient as I have been over the past week or so.....

John D.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:08 PM
flash968
Banned

john - thanks for responding

a couple of things, and this speaks mostly for myself, but i think is the consensus:

first off, nobody has said anything negative whatsoever regarding this site - nobody is even saying anything in an attempt to pull people from here or in any way harm this site - it is a valuable resource and i don't think anybody wants to see anything change that

also, the other site is not my website - i am only a member over there, and not even a moderator - i have no affiliation there beyond mere membership - the link in my signature is here because that is where i have listed my numerous mods and hosted my pics

thank you again for responding - that is a very fair and useful policy - let me ask a couple of questions so i can be clear in things: does this mean that i can expect not to see any more postings from anybody else with any links to their websites either, unless they are a sponsor? what about references to other websites within a post? i've seen a lot of that over the past few months and just want to be sure i understand things clearly

your considered response would be most welcome
Old 02-20-2005, 01:28 PM
John D.
Banned

first off, nobody has said anything negative whatsoever regarding this site....
I'm not looking for reciprocity nor even a mention on any other site. Rennlist has its own substantial following.

let me ask a couple of questions so i can be clear in things: does this mean that i can expect not to see any more postings from anybody else with any links to their websites either, unless they are a sponsor?
Let me be clear. There is a difference between "launching a Forum" in an effort to pull site visitors from one Forum to another - and becoming a Sponsor. In fact - if you look at the KWCS - they too, have a Forum and are listed as a Rennlist Sponsor. They chose to "launch" their website/Forum by working with the Rennlist community - not in an effort to lure users away from that same community.

By contrast:
https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum/183418-968forums-com.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum/186841-where-can-i-find-a-shop-manual-for-a-94-cabriolet.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/968-forum/186841-where-can-i-find-a-shop-manual-for-a-94-cabriolet.html#post1934428
...... and I could go on. But suffice it to say, I've taken somewhere around 30-40 "Reported Posts" over the past week from existing Rennlisters asking that I delete these references as SPAM/TROLLING. Based on this newest thread - I'm beginning to agree....

... i've seen a lot of that over the past few months and just want to be sure i understand things clearly
I don't how to be more clear. Read my previous post again. BUT - after reading some of the threads on the 968.net Forum, be advised, I won't tolerate the same on Rennlist.

John D.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:21 PM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gene:

Base 944 537 631 00 Left
Base 944 537 632 00 Right
BASE SMALL 944 537 621 00 Left
BASE SMALL 944 537 622 00 Right

Sunset always has great prices. http://www.sunsetimports.com/porscheatcost.php
Old 02-20-2005, 08:44 PM
flash968
Banned

john - that's fine - of course i don't have any issue with that

as i said, it is not my website - i'm not interested in doing anything that would in any way hinder this site - this website is an entirely different situation, and has nothing to do with any comments i have made anywhere else about .net - there is no reason for you to think that i will be in any way party to anything here that is like some of the conversations that have happened there - this is site is alive and viable just as it is - your intervention here is proof of that, and an example of exactly what was lacking at .net, and why eric started forums.com

the mention about the site, and the shop manuals, in the thread you note was specifically because eric had just mentioned over there that he was putting together some cds to send out and that cellis could probably get in on it - there were no other motivations beyond trying to put a member together with what he was specifically lookiing for

as aways, i appreciate your active involvement here - i would love to see more of it - please feel free to contact me if i can be of any assistance
Old 02-20-2005, 09:45 PM
John D.
Banned

john - that's fine - of course i don't have any issue with that...
Again - whether you have any issue with this site, how it is maintained, operated and administered - is of absolutely no concern to me.
....as aways, i appreciate your active involvement here - i would love to see more of it - please feel free to contact me if i can be of any assistance
Please - don't patronize me, my efforts or this site. It's not your place nor your right.

Further - I have changed your SIG. I'd suggest you don't reinstate it.

John D.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:09 PM
flash968
Banned

you seriously misunderstand - i'm not being patronizing or confrontational here - actually quite the contrary - you;ve done a good job building this site and i wish that you stepped in more often - there would be a lot less whining if you did - i have no problem that you changed the signature - that is entirely your right - i was only trying not to duplicate hosting of shots and mod lists, as they are both numerous, by merely saying that if anyone wanted to learn more about what i had done to the car, that they could see it there - i have no need to have it there if you have such a problem with it, though i'm still unclear as to why you would, and would be happy to discuss this with you further offline
Old 02-20-2005, 10:47 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

flash968 said "would be happy to discuss this with you further offline"

If thats the way you really felt, you should have started with your last post. It wasn't necessary to post that publicly, John made his point clearly and if you needed additional clarification, you should pm John directly. Please focus on content here.

If the original poster really needs help with his original request (which I kinda doubt, since the same question was also posted on two other 968 specific forums), please repost the question and I will personally answer it, including pictures if necessary.

Regards,
Old 02-20-2005, 11:37 PM
flash968
Banned

you are right - in retrospect i probbly should have diverted the conversation to email rather than just replying

Quick Reply: Door handle Fix