Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 964 C2 Transformation Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 12:44 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,104 Posts

I’ve had this pedal sitting on the shelf for 6mo and the tlock for 2 years. Finally got around to installing both.

first picture is the rennline bolt on cover i had. Replaced with full pedal.

First. The rennline fully adjustable pedal is awesome. Like really good. Has better action and smoother feel. Better return and easier heel toe. I’ve got it about 90% where i want it just a few tweaks to make. So many adjustments

it took a little work to get it installed right had to clearance the race board a bit. You can see some of the light foam insulation i have in the car under the boards.

Also took chance to adjust brake brake light switch which was overly sensitive on mine.

the tlock is great. Easy install and was able to get at my lock module without removing the seat. I spent more time wrapping wires than installing it.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:33 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Results look great and having an improved Heel/Toe would definitely be an improvement on these cars.

Does the pedal change the amount of effort to depress or is it about the same?
Old 02-24-2019, 02:19 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Thanks for the pedal feedback, I was planning my interior project and was actually looking at their website just before I visited here. Perfect timing...

Love your car.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Results look great and having an improved Heel/Toe would definitely be an improvement on these cars.
Does the pedal change the amount of effort to depress or is it about the same?
Effort feels same, but the action is smoother and more positive when pressing "off center" It also returns faster. Its hard to explain. But, the stock pedal as a plastic hinge with a metal ball that goes into the back of a plastic recess on the back of the pedal that works the throttle cable mechanism. The Rennline pedal has an oilite bushing on the bottom which i lubed with some good silicone grease, and a small heim joint / ball end that connect to their pedal assembly. It uses the stock ball end on the factory linkage at the other end. It comes with a threaded rod you cut to size. So, with all that, you have a much more positive and linear feel to the pedal. Once installed I used the scan tool to make sure the max and idle switches were tripping right and they were.

I located and setup the distances as stock, but I used the top hole for the heim linkage, then set the pedal a little lower so it's easier to grab when deep in the brakes. I have a few more little tweaks to make but just did a canyon run and it feels great.

I actually set it up similar location-wise and height-wise to the stock pedal, and it's good. I need to make a couple minor adjustments. I don't really need the heel-toe extensions, the top one will interfere with quick pedal work, so I just put the bottom one on.

I didn't expect that much difference with it.

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Thanks for the pedal feedback, I was planning my interior project and was actually looking at their website just before I visited here. Perfect timing...
Love your car.
If you drive aggressively this is a good mod. The rest of the pedal stuff is just jewelry lol. Pedal board, floor board I like because it allows free movement of feet w/o carpet getting in the way.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:50 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for that feedback! Based on the description it sounds like Rennline took the slop out of the stock assembly.

Maybe one of these days we’ll get a drive on the books in the SD canyons, there are some great roads out this way.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:06 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Thanks for that feedback! Based on the description it sounds like Rennline took the slop out of the stock assembly.

Maybe one of these days we’ll get a drive on the books in the SD canyons, there are some great roads out this way.
we do. When the roads clear up. Ortega was good today but it gets a lot of traffic... lots of cleaned up slides.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:32 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx

we do. When the roads clear up. Ortega was good today but it gets a lot of traffic... lots of cleaned up slides.
Ortega was awesome 15 years ago, now like you said it is pretty much inundated with traffic except Sunday evenings. It was snow covered Friday morning, did they put sand down on the roads?
Old 02-25-2019, 12:48 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Ortega was awesome 15 years ago, now like you said it is pretty much inundated with traffic except Sunday evenings. It was snow covered Friday morning, did they put sand down on the roads?
Yes. you have to go really early. Was wide open towards Elsinore. Breakfast at lookout. Then stuck behind various hybrids on way back. I hate the ride back.

a little residual snow at the peak and very little sand or gravel. Lanes were clear. Just a little in shoulders.

cant do Malibu right now roads are a mess.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:26 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Drove some canyons. Little snack at the ‘kitchen.
Wife puts up with my childish behavior. She’s great

Old 03-25-2019, 12:07 AM
eddieb4
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 118 Posts

Drove some canyons. Little snack at the ‘kitchen.
Wife puts up with my childish behavior. She’s great

Looks like you have a couple of other interested ladies judging by the bottom picture!
Old 03-25-2019, 08:12 AM
Vincent C.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW !!! That car has come a long way !!! Guess it might be time to bring the BEAST back out .....we had so much fun driving the roads out there !!!
Old 03-25-2019, 10:02 AM
911 jared
Rennlist Member

Received 228 Likes on 116 Posts

Looks great!
Old 05-11-2019, 02:48 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Did a drive drive up to Newcombs with @TheGreek today. Sketchy rain fog and wet! But a good time. Would be better if i didn’t have nearly Bald nt01
On the car :-)

Old 05-19-2019, 08:28 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Put about 200 miles of canyon on the car. Pedals not exactly right. The downside of adjustable pedals is over ocd.

Anyway. Took opportunity to adjust the height of the brake pedal up even with the clutch pedal. Adjusted flow and action of the gas pedal. And checked the adjustment of the clutch pedal action. Oh. And lubed everything too.

I think i got it now.

Old 05-19-2019, 10:18 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 404 Posts

Effort feels same, but the action is smoother and more positive when pressing "off center" It also returns faster. Its hard to explain. But, the stock pedal as a plastic hinge with a metal ball that goes into the back of a plastic recess on the back of the pedal that works the throttle cable mechanism. The Rennline pedal has an oilite bushing on the bottom which i lubed with some good silicone grease, and a small heim joint / ball end that connect to their pedal assembly. It uses the stock ball end on the factory linkage at the other end. It comes with a threaded rod you cut to size. So, with all that, you have a much more positive and linear feel
Thanks for the feedback on the Rennline adjustable throttle Spyerx. The plastic hinge on the stock pedal is prone to snapping, particularly with the lateral force of heel and toe. It’s no fun snapping the throttle pedal in the middle of a DE event. The Rennline adjustable pedal looks like a great solution.

Quick Reply: My 964 C2 Transformation Build Thread