Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:30 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 566 Likes on 390 Posts

Car looks great!!

i'm curious about a few things

Will you bump the front? i.e how will you know if the o/s of the tie rod is at least in the ball park to minimize bump steer?

Love the brakes
Got the specs on them, piston sizes, rotor sizes, effective radius?

what spring rates did you end up w/?
Old 01-14-2016, 06:40 PM
porsche964rs
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome build Spyerx but I cant see any picture in your posts (e.g. post 106). I'm the only one with this problem?
Old 01-14-2016, 07:51 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Hey one thing I want to clarify, the ERP parts I'm using are from Eisenlohr Racing Products "ERP". http://www.erpparts.com This is super high quality stuff. it is all made and engineering here locally in SoCal. Many of the parts Tarett sells are ERP. I have this stuff on my RS and many, many track days and have not had any issues with noise, wear, or strength of the control arms they make. I had a couple people ask if these were Elephant Racing (they are not)

Originally Posted by porsche964rs
Awesome build Spyerx but I cant see any picture in your posts (e.g. post 106). I'm the only one with this problem?
Yeah maybe, i know if I'm at work our corporate firewall filters out the Rennlist images. Maybe yours is same, who knows what system is being used.

Originally Posted by Bill Verburg
Car looks great!!

i'm curious about a few things

Will you bump the front? i.e how will you know if the o/s of the tie rod is at least in the ball park to minimize bump steer?

Love the brakes
Got the specs on them, piston sizes, rotor sizes, effective radius?

what spring rates did you end up w/?
Hey bill, i need to get the final spring rates from Joey. I'm pretty sure he went a bit softer with a different split f/r than the normal clubsports, mainly because for now this car will see 80% street use. If/when the car becomes more track dedicated I'll up the rates. Will post once I have them.

The front will be bumped. The ERP outer links are designed for use with the Evo uprights set at Cup/RS ride height (i.e. pretty Low) so they should be pretty good out of the box. We'll do a full on chassis setup/balance/alignment now, but once I get the weight out and cage in it'll need to be redone.

This is the brake setups, we worked with a Brembo RT engineer and the piston sizing should be good w/o using a bias valve with the 993 m/c. Some of that is setup dependent, rake, spring rates, etc, so we'll test an ensure we are not getting premature rear lockup.

I need to get the piston sizes and pad/effective radius. Brembo doesn't publish this on their website... I think I have the piston sizes somewhere...

355x32 front rotors, 6 piston calipers
328x28 rear rotors, 4 piston calipers

http://www.racetechnologies.com/prod...1292PieceDiscs

http://www.racetechnologies.com/prod...m142PieceDiscs
Old 01-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Not quite ready for setup but getting very close.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:49 PM
GTA_G20
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is stunning
Old 01-15-2016, 09:47 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,151 Likes on 1,290 Posts

I am still curious how the design allows for the use of the handbrake. any pictures of the inside of the rear hat?

What exhaust tip is that? It looks like the dansk tip I am using
Old 01-15-2016, 10:28 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cobalt
I am still curious how the design allows for the use of the handbrake. any pictures of the inside of the rear hat?

What exhaust tip is that? It looks like the dansk tip I am using
I actually have no idea what exhaust tip I have. There were only 2 mods on the car when I got it: a stainless rear muffler and a secondary bypass
Very well might be a dansk but I haven't pulled the muffler off yet.

I posted a pic earlier of the rear of the rotors here is a bigger one.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:45 AM
Rancie
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just lovely. Chassis mods are absolutely spot on.

Will be interested to know what set up geo you go for.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Achtung964
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any feedback on the Rothsport SSK setup yet? Curious to hear your thoughts.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:50 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rancie
Just lovely. Chassis mods are absolutely spot on.

Will be interested to know what set up geo you go for.
If I can get Joey to share the full details LOL.

Originally Posted by Achtung964
Any feedback on the Rothsport SSK setup yet? Curious to hear your thoughts.
Not yet as that will go in as part of the interior work/engine/trans drop, but I've driven cars with it and it's ****. Tight, precise, and very accurate. I will replace every bushing in the chain as part of the process. Others like the CAE. I think for a more dedicated track car its maybe good but I actually prefer the feel of the rothsport unit.
Old 01-15-2016, 01:42 PM
Rancie
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Understandibly he probably wont. Teams and tuners are often very careful about sharing set up information. I've never had a problem discussing set ups or sharing information specific to me personally but would never share set up details of teams that I would drive for or work with. Either way, I suspect that we would share a reasonably close base line. The 997 looks good also. I am about to build my 997.1 Clubsport. It will be interesting to see how my build compares to your car
Old 01-15-2016, 02:23 PM
seeq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is an awesome build thread Spyerx!

Interested about the geo, too.....
Old 01-15-2016, 02:39 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Would be nice if someone in the plastic business was on rennlist and made a honeycombed lightweight replacement for the spare to absorb impact.
We need a submarine camel!
Old 01-15-2016, 03:16 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
We need a submarine camel!
One thought I had was it would be really simple to get some of that high-density foam that is used for car bumpers (under the covers, typically attached to the aluminum bumper under it) and cut/form a piece to fit into that recess.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Battery in, steering wheel almost done, need to pull brake proportion valve, brake/clutch bleed, tidy up a few things, install the heater bypass, and complete the alignment/setup.

A bit more work to do but chassis step is almost done.

P.S. the OCD side of me is looking at those battery cables and wanting to replace them LOL.

P.P.S. Car is on the scales getting initial setup. With all the new chassis pieces, e88 wheels, tires, brakes, lithium battery, Mod07 wheel, heater bypass car has shed about 100lbs to 2900 from 3003 as it sat. The dampers, rotors, and wheels are quite a bit lighter than what was on there. Of course I'll be putting some of that back in with a roll bar. But goal is to remove another 150 and get to 2750 or so. I think it will be achievable w/o too much stress: interior strip, light carpets, no sound deadening, pole position seats, lower dash delete, passenger airbag delete, radio delete, rear wiper delete, carbon wing, lighter engine mounts, light flywheel, light pulley/belt system from rothsport, possibly a carbon hood.

Last edited by Spyerx; 01-15-2016 at 10:28 PM.

Quick Reply: My 964 C2 Transformation Build Thread