Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 08:13 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

re: Minty-- I tracked down & spoke to the original owner of the car today for about 30 minutes. Very interesting conversation. He's 83 years old and was also in the roofing industry like I am. He assured me he never had any paint/body work done car and has no reason to mislead me. He was a little miffed that the car got flipped, but glad it will get a legitimate home. Complete records dating back to the day he took delivery is exhaustive. I'm satisfied and will be taking delivery this week. I appreciate everyone's feedback!
Old 06-10-2019, 08:15 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
re: Minty-- I tracked down & spoke to the original owner of the car today for about 30 minutes. Very interesting conversation. He's 83 years old and was also in the roofing industry like I am. He assured me he never had any paint/body work done car and has no reason to mislead me. He was a little miffed that the car got flipped, but glad it will get a legitimate home. Complete records dating back to the day he took delivery is exhaustive. I'm satisfied and will be taking delivery this week. I appreciate everyone's feedback!
RIGHT ON!!!!!
Old 06-10-2019, 08:57 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Awesome. Congrats on a special car.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:12 PM
JohnK964
Three Wheelin'

Received 275 Likes on 161 Posts

I’m jealous 👍beautiful car but I’m also partial to Mint Gruen
Old 06-10-2019, 09:17 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh
RIGHT ON!!!!!
Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Awesome. Congrats on a special car.
Originally Posted by JohnK964
I’m jealous 👍beautiful car but I’m also partial to Mint Gruen
Thanks fellas! John, your thread is one of my favorites... hope you get better soon and get that baby on the road!
Old 06-10-2019, 09:22 PM
gregmitch
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats! The color is amazing. Can't wait to see more photos of it!
Old 06-10-2019, 09:24 PM
JohnK964
Three Wheelin'

Received 275 Likes on 161 Posts

Thanks fellas! John, your thread is one of my favorites... hope you get better soon and get that baby on the road!
Thank You Tonymission I believe after two weeks of water running into my basement it’s finally stopping. Wrist is feeling better so back to buffing and assembling Talia
Old 06-10-2019, 09:33 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the Mint Green C2 family.

Yours and mine are the only Mint Green C2 5 speed coupes I have ever seen in the states.

Well done and don't worry about what you paid for it. Enjoy it.

Congrats.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:05 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Congrats Tony, you snagged a really nice one! Enjoy in good health
Old 06-10-2019, 10:48 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats Tony
Old 06-11-2019, 02:59 AM
Owl
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great buy. Congrats
Old 06-11-2019, 10:40 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Trader220
The car sold for just over $48,500 https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-carrera-4-18/

Probably not a bad deal, I just could not get past the numbers about the motor. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.
$50K after registration and taxes for a 130K mile C4 is strong money anyway you look at it. It does appear well sorted though and will not need much work.

Do ACs work that well in 964s or is that a product from a recent recharge?
Old 06-11-2019, 12:05 PM
964Luftballoon
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts

Congrats again Tony! Can't wait to see more pics of it on IG!

Old 06-11-2019, 12:43 PM
dukmon
Rennlist Member

Received 174 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Infinite1
Congrats again Tony! Can't wait to see more pics of it on IG!

2X
Old 06-11-2019, 12:48 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Thanks to everyone for the kind words! I feel very grateful for the opportunity and to be able to add something like this to my stable.
I'll post up some shots when I get it... I honestly can't help myself and know the car is original, but I at least have to do the suspension on it and keep all the original parts. Can't have that beauty sitting like a 4x4!

Originally Posted by Jbarnes RS
Welcome to the Mint Green C2 family.

Yours and mine are the only Mint Green C2 5 speed coupes I have ever seen in the states.

Well done and don't worry about what you paid for it. Enjoy it.

Congrats.
Happy to be in the exclusive club Joe! Thanks for the chat yesterday, would love to meet up with you some day in Scottsdale when I'm down there for business.
Not too worried about what I paid since the seller took a Rolex that I forgot I had in a safe (I'm more of a gym shorts and apple watch kind of guy) and some crypto that had been mooning since January. Almost free money! :P

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale