Sponsored by:

Great AMERICAN 964s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018 | 01:14 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Question

Originally Posted by Trader220
I would say the search button is your friend on this one but many of the threads have been taken down. There are enough of them left that if you search here or on Pelican you'll see.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...r-group-2.html

That one's entertaining, especially the back and forth on page 2

A larger question here is also how do these guys continue to get the cars??....Because they do get the cars, that is why we keep coming back to browse their sites and talk about the cars, despite the sketchy reputation. Well said if the car is exactly what you want then arm yourself with the best in the business for PPIs and knowledge and go to bat knowing what to expect.
Old 06-25-2018 | 12:02 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Luxsport has gotten buried in this market. They over paid for a lot of real crappy cars and lost a fortune on some after sitting over a year on them. Not just in 964's either. The owner came on this board and Pelican and lied through his teeth and was called out by many forum members. Miami Muscle or Real Muscle cars is the same kind of shlock seller. They have had some real junkers which they put lipstick on and tried to pass off. Given their reps I wouldn't even consider a car either of those guys is selling unless it was exactly what I wanted and I mean exactly. Even then I would have to personally inspect the car head to toe. DOn't trust a word either of those sellers says.
at least we all have the ability to exchange information these days - okay, for some time now - and avoid cars/dealers like this that may not be on the up and up. not a big fan at all of dealers who either stockpile inventory or slap a bit of lipstick on a pig and hope for a sucker to come along.
Old 06-25-2018 | 07:17 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Default Frankenstein or Hyde to a Jeckyl

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=911

I think 'this one' had been commented on before but as a fellow Rennlister took a closer look, I thought I had seen it all but bathroom accesories installed as a Mod is a completely new level.....

Wonder if it's Kohler or Moen..?? Maybe Price Pfister...

Last edited by JAB12; 06-25-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-26-2018 | 05:54 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Originally Posted by JAB12
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=911

I think 'this one' had been commented on before but as a fellow Rennlister took a closer look, I thought I had seen it all but bathroom accesories installed as a Mod is a completely new level.....

Wonder if it's Kohler or Moen..?? Maybe Price Pfister...
Could be a Ferguson. I have a friend who works for Ferguson corporate, we could do a group buy.
Old 06-26-2018 | 06:01 PM
Trader220
Race Car

A larger question here is also how do these guys continue to get the cars??....Because they do get the cars, that is why we keep coming back to browse their sites and talk about the cars, despite the sketchy reputation. Well said if the car is exactly what you want then arm yourself with the best in the business for PPIs and knowledge and go to bat knowing what to expect.

They pounce quickly, they pay quickly and they roll the dice on what they're buying knowing that they'll slap some lipstick on it, write it up as a 1 or 2 owners out of a private collection, blah blah blah and wait.

There are some threads on Pelican where one of those dealers mentioned often poses as an enthusiast when buying your car. Your car was exactly what he had been waiting for etc etc. He missed another recently so he wants to buy yours right away and is willing to buy sight unseen and wire right away then send a truck.

There is also a thread on Pelican or here where the principle at one of those dealers tried to hustle a seller for $500 or more back, claiming the car was not as described. Gee well maybe you should have done more than just agree to a price and send money?

They are the lowest of the low.
Old 06-26-2018 | 06:18 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Cool

They pounce quickly, they pay quickly and they roll the dice on what they're buying knowing that they'll slap some lipstick on it, write it up as a 1 or 2 owners out of a private collection, blah blah blah and wait.

There are some threads on Pelican where one of those dealers mentioned often poses as an enthusiast when buying your car. Your car was exactly what he had been waiting for etc etc. He missed another recently so he wants to buy yours right away and is willing to buy sight unseen and wire right away then send a truck.

There is also a thread on Pelican or here where the principle at one of those dealers tried to hustle a seller for $500 or more back, claiming the car was not as described. Gee well maybe you should have done more than just agree to a price and send money?

They are the lowest of the low.
Maybe my RL tenure is not as vast as others here but what exactly is a Super User? and why are you not a paying member? Any benefits or am I mistaken. Thanks for the input, also prefer to buy from private sellers than dealers. I mean $140K for a low mileage wide body is just roll out laughable. But that is the world we live in. A sucker is born every 30 seconds....
Old 06-26-2018 | 06:27 PM
Trader220
Race Car

Maybe my RL tenure is not as vast as others here but what exactly is a Super User? and why are you not a paying member? Any benefits or am I mistaken. Thanks for the input, also prefer to buy from private sellers than dealers. I mean $140K for a low mileage wide body is just roll out laughable. But that is the world we live in. A sucker is born every 30 seconds....

I have no idea what a "super user" is. My guess is its based on the number of posts. I have been a Rennlist member for at least 20 years. I have been a paid member at times and others not.
Old 06-26-2018 | 07:56 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

I backtracked a car from luckydriver - it was sold a few months before with rust and a different color interior. They repaired and spotted the rust, put a black interior in it (was tan), new wheels and a sticker. As a bonus, they bought the car that was stated as being 60k miles but the odometer was stuck on 44k miles...now, magically it has 51k miles on it (and I bet a working odometer). 51k, I'm guessing was the highest mileage shown on the most recent inspection.

Before lipstick:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Porsch...6222565?_ul=BO

After lipstick:
http://www.luckydriversportcars.com/...17646044.html#

I admit that I like the car with the green.
Old 06-26-2018 | 08:05 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeff33702
I backtracked a car from luckydriver - it was sold a few months before with rust and a different color interior. They repaired and spotted the rust, put a black interior in it (was tan), new wheels and a sticker. As a bonus, they bought the car that was stated as being 60k miles but the odometer was stuck on 44k miles...now, magically it has 51k miles on it (and I bet a working odometer). 51k, I'm guessing was the highest mileage shown on the most recent inspection.

Before lipstick:

After lipstick:

Thats unbelievable, i talked to the owner of this car extensively a few months back, and he was very vague until he finally admitted the odometer had stopped working yeaaaaaaaaars ago, the car most likely had 200,000+ miles on it because he drove it daily, i have different pics than those ones he had in the ebay ad and the car was in terrible condition. The good thing about it is that is supposably had a rebuilt engine done back in 2008 or 2006 from what i remember, that dealer did a lot of work to make this car look good, i'm sure they spent tons of money, I don't understand why they aren't upfront about the miles, owner at first tried saying it was because he moved car to canada and went from Miles to KM but then admitted the odometer had stopped working long before (could have also lied to the dealer, Private owners dont' give a crap a lot more than you would think)
Old 06-26-2018 | 08:29 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Wink

Before lipstick:

After lipstick:

What would we do without VIN numbers and internet??? By sticker do you mean they 'tributed' the option sticker under the hood? I have to go to a venue just around the corner of this 'dealer' once a week and have seen this car in person. Let's just say I'll stick to the new pictures with the green which I do not like at all. Build it and they will come........
Old 06-26-2018 | 08:32 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Spend a bunch of money on "lipstick" that 90% of people wouldn't even want, brilliant!
Old 06-26-2018 | 09:15 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Now I feel like a clown for saying that I liked how it looked, lol.

I don't know that I'd drive that but I like to look at it.

I prefer muted colors - monochrome... silver, white, gray...

Attached a pic of my other car.
Old 06-26-2018 | 09:16 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

By sticker do you mean they 'tributed' the option sticker under the hood? .
I meant the green Carrera on the sides - but yeah, that under hood sticker, too.
Old 06-26-2018 | 11:07 PM
Tarek307
Rennlist Member

I meant the green Carrera on the sides - but yeah, that under hood sticker, too.
Thats what the original under the hood sticker looked liked, so no wonder they changed it with one of those reproduction one. That sticker alone was another reason i didn't trust that car. PS: I'll reiterate i'm NOT trying to knock the dealer, the car was bad and they put in the work to make it right, surely the interior was in tatters, and so were parts of exterior and now looks much better, and who knows, maybe the dealer didn't get the full story from the owner about miles..the owner was definitely not upfront i'm very glad i didn't get that car.
Old 06-26-2018 | 11:15 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Yes, they put some work in. I guess my main point is... there's "not being transparent" and then "not being transparent to the point of dishonesty". Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Great AMERICAN 964s for sale