Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 02:41 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul284pt

Cheers,
Paul
Paul - can you tell me more about the silver metal trim that's above and below the weave on the dash? Where is the metal sourced and how is it attached to the weave?

Thanks
Old 12-29-2016, 06:50 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi,

You can get the alloy dash trim blanks already made up i.e. the holes pre-cut from here

http://www.stuttgart-classica.co.uk/...-dash-backdate

Or if you prefer to cut them yourself from eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...9Wibg5&vxp=mtr

It's glued to the dash.

The leather-weave is from https://www.spinneybeck.com/index.ph...er/categories/

Thanks for the additional information. I contacted Spinneybeck and the minimum purchase is 55 sq ft, or 5.1 sq meters if the online conversion tools are correct.

How much of the leather weave material did you use? I don't have to have too much left over and throw money away.

I want to use the leather weave for the centers of the front seats, both door cards, rear seat lower cushions, and the middle of the rear seat upper back supports.

Is 55 sq ft way too much?
The Spinneybeck leather-weave to do my car including the door panels, rear quarter panels , dash trim, and the seat cushions (front & rear) was 3.50 meters length. The leather-weave is on a roll which is 96.52cm wide. So that's 3.5m x 0.9652m. By my reckoning you will need approx. 38 square feet and there won't be much left, just enough to make a toolkit pouch if you do your frunk.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 12-29-2016, 07:06 PM
Earlydays
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

They have some cool products!
Old 12-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

They have some cool products!
Indeed they do
Old 12-31-2016, 03:35 AM
jorijori
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Paul. I've been wondering about this for a while. Happy New Year!

Hi,

You can get the alloy dash trim blanks already made up i.e. the holes pre-cut from here

http://www.stuttgart-classica.co.uk/...-dash-backdate

Or if you prefer to cut them yourself from eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-...9Wibg5&vxp=mtr

It's glued to the dash.

The leather-weave is from https://www.spinneybeck.com/index.ph...er/categories/

The Spinneybeck leather-weave to do my car including the door panels, rear quarter panels , dash trim, and the seat cushions (front & rear) was 3.50 meters length. The leather-weave is on a roll which is 96.52cm wide. So that's 3.5m x 0.9652m. By my reckoning you will need approx. 38 square feet and there won't be much left, just enough to make a toolkit pouch if you do your frunk.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 01-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi Jorijori,

Thank you Paul. I've been wondering about this for a while. Happy New Year!
Thank you & a very happy New Year to you too!

I'm pleased it's been useful for you.

Best,
Paul
Old 01-20-2019, 05:34 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys,

I'm sorry but I haven't been around these parts for a while, well, about a year in fact. I hope you're all keeping well, It looks as if there's plenty going on though, in the true spirit of 964'ers, I really need to catch up.

In November I took my 964 to the local OPC for an oil change and general service before she's put into hibernation and out of the blue I was asked if they could buy my Macan Turbo PP back. I had no intention of selling but they made me an offer I couldn't refuse and a new 991.2 GTS as replacement. They know I love all the 911 GTS's and the latest one really is the sweet spot in the range. After a little more haggling the dirty deed was done and the 964 now has a stablemate and it gives me a good excuse to share a few photos of what's been going on this last year.

I don't normally get the 964 out in the winter except to give her the occasional wash and a warm through and today was the day. I'm pleased to say she's been as good as gold in the last year bringing me loads of smiles with the miles. She's also won another pot at PCGB Concours with a 3rd place which isn't bad for a modified car in Porsche Club Concours, she's previously had 2 second places. She also had her portrait painted by Manu Campa. If any of you are unfamiliar with Manu's work you can take a look here https://manucampa.com/en/home/ or Instagram @manucampart He's a great guy with love of Porsche and a truly outstanding talent.

Taking part in the Porsche Anniversary celebrations.

In September we took the ferry over to Amsterdam to meet up the Tunnel Run's Tri-Angle of madness event, run by Tom at Onassis Porsche so in case you hadn't noticed I'm trying to make up for my lack of recent content. A nice Blower Bentley on 2nd photo waiting for the same ferry.

I had a chance to catch up with Frank (Black Betty), our 964's were both in at Redtek for engine builds around the same time a few years ago. Frank was telling me all about his really exciting new project for all things Porsche here in the UK which will be huge success because of his enthusiasm and relentless attention to detail. More info here https://www.boxengasse.com

Cheers for now,
Paul

Last edited by Paul284pt; 01-20-2019 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Syntax
Old 01-20-2019, 10:59 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Wow, glad you posted up some new pics otherwise being new to 964’s I would have never seen your build! Outstanding and excellent attention to detail.

You mentioned concours, does the PCA in your region deduct points for a non stock car?
The following users liked this post:
9SIX4-C4 (09-30-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 05:31 AM
PaulW_964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great stuff Paul. The 964 is looking great and I love the new GTS
Old 01-21-2019, 06:13 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Think you got a great Macan swap tbh. Same happened to a friend in the past - OPC dealer needing to get hands on a specific model pronto for a 'treasured' customer and offering great swap deals. Had a 997 GTS for a day a while back for a mag shoot. Loved it. Went like a bat out of hell!
Old 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
Jacke2c
Formerly turbotwoshoes
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Good to see you back Paul.. Your 964 is one of the cars that inspires me to make mine better. Top rate work.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:19 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Wow, glad you posted up some new pics otherwise being new to 964’s I would have never seen your build! Outstanding and excellent attention to detail.

You mentioned concours, does the PCA in your region deduct points for a non stock car?
Hi Marine Blue,

Thank you, I'm pleased you enjoyed the read, I hope it didn't keep you up too late, there's quite a lot to get through.

PCGB doesn't actually deduct points for a modded car but they may score it lower when taking into consideration the originality of some components. However I'd rather stand have my car the way I would like it and not save it for a future owner who may mod it anyway.

Great stuff Paul. The 964 is looking great and I love the new GTS
Thanks PaulW_964!

​​​​​​​Think you got a great Macan swap tbh. Same happened to a friend in the past - OPC dealer needing to get hands on a specific model pronto for a 'treasured' customer and offering great swap deals. Had a 997 GTS for a day a while back for a mag shoot. Loved it. Went like a bat out of hell!
Hi LM964,

Yes, they said they wouldn't have it long, and they didn't a chap bought it unseen from the south.

​​​​​​​Good to see you back Paul.. Your 964 is one of the cars that inspires me to make mine better. Top rate work.
Hi Jacke2c,

Wow, thank you! That's great, your bank manager won't be very happy, mine wasn't ha!

​​​​​​​I hope you get as much enjoyment from it as I did and still do.

Cheers,
Paul

Old 07-19-2019, 08:31 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Unhappy

Hi Chaps,

I hope you are all enjoying the summer and getting out & about.

Recently had a little issue which I'm sure some of you may have come across before or will perhaps in the future and that is the barrel (for the key) on the driver's door lock becoming "loose" and then perhaps spinning right around in the door handle. Nightmare! And you're perhaps perusing the possibility as OPC suggested to me, with replacing both locks at considerable cost. Now, I know you lot are very wealthy chaps and won't mind shelling out your inheritance but the spoiler alert is that you will also end up with the inconvenience of 2 sets of keys.

You could always gain entry by using the lock in the passenger door, while it lasts, however you will be pleased to know that it's a simple fix as it's just a little screw (in the first photo) which has worked loose. Mine actually fell into the bottom of the door.

All put it all back together and Locktite'd it into position to make sure the little b*gger didn't offend again.

Anyway for the record here are some photos to help disassembly and reassembly.

Cheers for now,
Paul
Old 07-19-2019, 09:54 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

What a helpful chap you are
The following users liked this post:
RSA964993 (09-30-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 02:17 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rephlex
What a helpful chap you are
I know, I can't help it! Did I win anything?

Quick Reply: So It Begins