Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

CL
It's Craigslist, not Christian liars
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2370644690.html

"Runs like a top"? "Due to exceptional upkeep and maintainance"? How many split personalities do you have? Hello Guy, we'd like to talk to Cybil now.

-------------------

1990 Porsche 911 Cab W. Body - $26500 (Kettering)

Date: 2011-05-09, 11:08AM EDT
Reply to: sale-qv2tv-2370644690@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

1990 Porsche 911 Convertible - Wide body - Turbo Look conversion - done in steel over 10-years ago.
NO RUST
Black Paint and convertible top
Tan interior - above average condition
80,000 original miles - Just turned
Speedline 18x11 rear and 18x9 front
New tires
New Pioneer stereo
Runs like a top - VERY strong - never hot rodded or tracked
5-speed manual

New Clutch
New breaks - rotors and calipers
Corners like its on rails
Convertible top's condition is strong but the plastic rear window does have some clarity issues due to age. However, the color of the top is not faded.

It is a VERY well maintained classic 911 and one of the last air cooled Porsches. Make no mistake, it is beautiful and is an instant head turner. Due to exceptional upkeep and maintainance
over the years (and low mileage), it runs and drives as strong as it looks.

It has been maintained by Foreign Exchange in Dayton for years and the owner wouldn't hesitate to provide his stamp of approval.

This is the real deal and solid classic 911, air cooled wide body convertible.

Please email or call
---------------------------------------
Old 05-18-2011, 08:23 PM
clutch-monkey
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyMonnin
Hi all. I've looked for a way to change the title of the this thread and can't figure it out. My initial posting yesterday was pure VENTING. I was doing so in the wrong forum. I should have been venting via a letter to Porsche North America, not on a forum filled with enthusiasts who find great joy and passion in driving and owning these cars. The bottom line is...it is a 21 year old car. It was also a garage queen the last 10-years...Its not Porsche's fault or anybodies fault. I should have got a PPI. Boy, should I have got a PPI.

Now that I've cooled off, I don't think there should be a thread on this forum with the title, Porsches are junk, rather the threads title should read, GET A PPI before you buy! On that note, and out of respect for the fine people of this forum, I am going to delete this thread since I can't rename it. I will do so Thursday morning as I want all parties who endured my ranting an opportunity to receive my apology.

With sincere apologies,

Guy

PS, I'm going to keep my Porsche.
this is good to hear. i think in the end if you keep it and rectify it's (exaggerated?) faults you will be immensely satisfied once it is running smoothly on the road and gain a lot of enjoyment out of it.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wellcraft290
so come on guys who has called him already lol
Now, now. Let's be nice. Guy M. Monnin of Kettering, OH is just an otherwise unassuming 42 y/o electrician and CEO with a nice Porsche that is in the shop that doesn't know how to delete an old craigslist add AFTER finding out his problems were worse than he thought. When all is said and done he is gonna fit in here just fine. Heck, you let me in, didn't you?
Old 05-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So to summarise:

1. You bought a car without a PPI and it turned out to be a wreck and blamed Porsche for your mistake.
2. You falsely advertised the car on rennlist and on Craig's list. False as the work has not been carried out as of yet and you haven't stated it's being done.
3. After having blown a small fortune on the wreck because of a lack of education you are now prepared to do the same thing all over again regarding the car's apparently eminent rebuild.
4. You state that you are keeping the car and then that you are not?

5. You have now crossed the line with us on Rennlist. This is a place for passionate, honest and knowledgable people. You have displayed you are none. Allowing you to continue on Rennlist would be detrimental to Rennlist's integrity.

I put it to the vote and moderators that you should be deleted.

Last edited by Porsche964FP; 05-18-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:37 PM
GuyMonnin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm on my iPhone so typing is slow. I bought the car Friday the 6th. I drove it 68 miles over the weekend. Hot air blowing in cab and the smell of oil. Dropped it off to mechanic on Monday morning. Mechanic said Hvac contols shot, valve covers leaking and timing chain cover leaking. Engine had to be dropped to repair. I was furious. I told him to go ahead, fix it right and I put an add on craigslist to sell it to cut my losses. I was FURIOUS as I am sure any of you would be who just dropped $24K and find out the engine needs removed 68 miles later. Then...discovered crank case is also leaking etc. 9,000 just to reseal. I decided to just rebuild...then cams shot, then wear on the pistons...then, flywheel shot. Then yesterday I decided to het the work done and keep it. I forgot I had placed the add on craigslist and just deleted so ambelamps doesn't prank call me all night.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:41 PM
GuyMonnin
Advanced

I never posted the car for sale on rennlist????
Old 05-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...wide-body.html
Old 05-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
Ouch.

I'm on my iPhone so typing is slow. I bought the car Friday the 6th.........so ambelamps doesn't prank call me all night.
Yep, you are going to fit in here just fine. My only thought at this point is that you should have taken it back.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 PM
wellcraft290
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

LOl but seriously guys
My car is for sale
faster then anything even a jet.
never above 3,000 rpms
driven by old lady just to church and grocery store
I don't have to sell, but I don't use her
I am a christian so i never lie.

Well is GUY can BS us I figured I would turn this thread into the best seller lies you have heard.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 PM
wellcraft290
Rennlist Member

Oh forgot never seen rain and I know this because I have had it for 68 miles of the 20 years the car has been around
Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 PM
GuyMonnin
Advanced

Porsche 964fp, get your elitist panties unbunched:

"You falsely advertised the car on rennlist and on Craig's list. False as the work has not been carried out as of yet and you haven't stated it's being done."

I didn't post the rebuild was being done on 5/9 on craigslist when I place the Craigslist add because on 5/9, I only thought I was getting the gaskets replaced and the HVAC controls replaced. I was told this work was going to be done by Wednesday (this was on a Monday and the mechanic said the gaskets and HVAC work would be done on that Wednesday). Tuesday is when I found out about the crank case leaking oil etc.

As I decided to keep the car, I didn't feel compelled to update the craigslist add. Furthermore, in regards to the mention of the exceptional maintenance statement, PO HAD receipts for every oil change etc. Now, even the crank case and and valve cover gaskets were going to be replaced...and new HVAC controls installed.

That all being said, amberlamps, you posting specific information about me crosses the line. I think most here would agree.

Last edited by GuyMonnin; 05-19-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM
wellcraft290
Rennlist Member

see you are not too bright. You actually though from from Monday to Wednesday your mechanic was actually going to do 9k of work?

wow you really don't know pcars at all.

by the way whose number was that on craigslist? and no i don't agree that amber crossed the line.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Porsche 964fp, get your elitist panties unbunched:

2. You falsely advertised the car on rennlist and on Craig's list. False as the work has not been carried out as of yet and you haven't stated it's being done.

I didn't post the rebuild was being done 5/9 on craigslist
When I placed the add because on 5/9 I only thought I was getting the gaskets replaced and the HVAC controls replaced. Work was going to be done by Wednesday. Tuesday is when I found out about the crank case etc. As I decided to keep the car, I didn't feel compelled to update the craigslist. PO HAD receipts for every oil change etc.

That all being said, amberlamps, you posting specific information about me crosses the line. I think most here would agree.
Guy, you are the one that used your real name, not me. Here, let's make it fare. My cell phone number is XXX XXX XXXX. Call me. ....and by the way, my name is Douglas Bray

EDIT: Just got a call from the other side of the planet from someone that should have just trusted that it really was a U.S. phone number.

Last edited by Amber Gramps; 05-19-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: that really was my number and someone really did call it.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Landseer
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 205 Posts

Root cause of failure: choice of movie.

Shoulda seen Risky Business instead.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:07 PM
GuyMonnin
Advanced

Asking a forum of experts what my car is worth and then telling the same forum in the same thread that I was keeping the car does not equal advertising a car for sale.

Quick Reply: Newbies, DO A PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION B4 U BUY