Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

but it does violate the RL rules of "Teaser ads"
Old 05-18-2011, 09:17 PM
GuyMonnin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I apologize to all rennlist forum members for venting about something that was avoidable and my own fault. PPI would have solved my problem. Thank you to the members who offered support an info in spite of my ranting. I'm going to keep my dream car.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyMonnin
I apologize to all rennlist forum members for venting about something that was avoidable and my own fault. PPI would have solved my problem. Thank you to the members who offered support an info in spite of my ranting. I'm going to keep my dream car.
Fantastic news about keeping the car. Any of us would love to have such a ride.

If you want to change the name of the thread it is very simple.

1. chick on "edit thread" in the lower right hand corner of the first post of the thread.

2. click on "go advanced"

The title should be visible in a box at the top. Edit it as you see fit. Again, welcome to rennlist. Sorry we don't have very good ambassadorial skills.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 PM
stinkydog
Instructor

Hi everyone. I am selling my 1990 cabrio and I am not sure what a fair price would be. The spec's are:
Engine complete rebuild - zero miles
OP: did you make that post from the future, after the engine rebuild?

Or was it simply dishonest?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:13 PM
PNine64
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Guy, if you are in Kettering (or Tipp maybe??) I'm just down the road in Washington Township. Seriously, who are you having work on this?

PM me if you'd rather.

PS - Any of these sound familiar? CLICK HERE There are a couple of guys on that thread that I would definitely take advice from when it came to local shops. That said, one had his motor rebuilt recently and I'm pretty sure he had it sent out of the area.

Last edited by PNine64; 05-18-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Greg964
Pro

You should cut your losses and sell it. Sounds like you will have $40k into the car after the rebuild and you will never get more than $25k for it IMO. Sell it now for $13k and move on.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:59 PM
SammyRSAm
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to chime- for no other reason that I have just read the full 187 posts over most of the day- yes 18th May2011 has had me locked to the phone and my notebook.

So now its my turn to hi-jack (sorry hi GUY) and say I am the proud owner of a 93 RSAmerica- in fact I have put 231miles on it in the last 2 weeks- I have owned 12 autos in my life. This car I will own forever. I turn 45 next month, yes, an early birthday gift- mods to date: stainless exhaust tip thingy (installed all by myself) and removed the storage box from behind the seat+ the lumpy trunk carpet.

I wont bore you with the future mods, turbo cup rims (9's for the back waiting in the garage for Mi PS2's I am so happy with this car.....BUT GUYs rant had me hooked from the first post! Brilliant ! Better than CNN- cast fear to newbs like me- I almost crapped .TWICE.

I must say that many if not all that took the time (and some responces are long!) to be patient, listen, be understanding, and call out GUY M. when somthing seemed not to 'jybe'... This has been most entertaining as well as educational.

The brain trust on the board really showed itself today in a very untraditional way.... I WILL NOT ask a single question of ANYONE on this board, I am not worthy....until I get thru a few more threads
Much Love
Goodnight

Sammy
Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 267 Posts

Sammy, that is how ya do an introduction.

Ask away buddy.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:29 PM
GuyMonnin
Advanced

Hi SammyRsAm. Be careful. You don't want to be seen eating lunch with me in the elementary cafeteria my friend.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:44 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow. On vacation in Myrtle Beach playing golf, eating, and generally having a great time. Is this better?

Anyway, raise your hand if you've ever heard of an Al case 911 engine (3.0 930/Carrera 3.0, through SC, through 3.2L to our 3.6L engines..........throw in the 996/7 GT3/Turbo and GT2 units in there too) leak from the case requiring it to be split for a reseal. I've had my share of Mg cases that were overheated and required massive repair, but never an Al one. Love to know who this shop is. These kinds of customers would have not only paid for law school, but I wouldn't have had to give up racing during those years!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Wow. On vacation in Myrtle Beach playing golf, eating, and generally having a great time. Is this better?

Anyway, raise your hand if you've ever heard of an Al case 911 engine (3.0 930/Carrera 3.0, through SC, through 3.2L to our 3.6L engines..........throw in the 996/7 GT3/Turbo and GT2 units in there too) leak from the case requiring it to be split for a reseal. I've had my share of Mg cases that were overheated and required massive repair, but never an Al one. Love to know who this shop is. These kinds of customers would have not only paid for law school, but I wouldn't have had to give up racing during those years!
Ken, this kind of stuff happens every minute of every day. I love Pep Boys for the quick liquids and various consumables they sell. Went in for two new front tires on the chevy just last week. The tech that has known me for years offers to put it up on the alignment rack as an added precaution with the new tires. I say "sure, can't hurt" having just done the upper and lower ball joints the week before and pitman arms not but a month or two ago. Tech calls me and says it's gonna need $841 in parts or he can't honor the road hazard. Guess what? I told him to put it back on the ground and leave it outside. When I got back to the store I had the GM look up my purchase history via my rewards card and sure enough, there it was. All the parts he said I needed I had just purchased at his store. Saved myself $$$$$$$$ and a poke in the ****. Had I just bent over and taken his word I'd be short half the mortgage.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:34 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by hans57
Been here since February of this year, and it goes like this. He needs to find a new home. Leave us alone and go away.
Well said.

Andreas
Old 05-19-2011, 01:34 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Guy, you are the one that used your real name, not me. Here, let's make it fare.
OK!!

You just replaced Steve McQueen on my cool list.

Last edited by altarchsa; 05-19-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:41 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sammy. RSA #363 here, congratulations. A new thread with pics is necessary - as you well know. Please ask away here as it is one of the only places to do so, and the only dumb one is....well you know what the answer is.

Guy. Congrats and please, please reread my posts about slowing down, research and the shop you choose. Let's get this done right.

To those who would have Guy sell ... why on earth would you want a fellow to sell his dream car. Each and every one of us (with the rare exceptions, of course - let's not brag if you are) is way deep into his car, admit it or not.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 AM
rarebear
Racer

How can Steve be replaced on the cool list ???? By Jack Sparrow ???

p.s. The P has costed me a bundle and still does, but it is like a beautiful woman..

Last edited by rarebear; 05-19-2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: adding

Quick Reply: Newbies, DO A PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION B4 U BUY