Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbies, DO A PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION B4 U BUY

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 04:18 PM
GuyMonnin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Altarchsa. I stated the Varioram comment was an error (see above). Its a shame my first Porsche checked every threads box in its short 68-mile stint with me (to date). Trust me, I don't see humor in anything other than you thinking there is a wizard behind the curtain scheming on how to rile anonymous posters up.

That is funny. HA HAHAHAHHA.

Just a second, I need to write another check....

OK I'm back. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA
Old 05-18-2011, 04:31 PM
advantagedent
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love these cars but ya they are **** this is why the germans lost the war over building (why dose the alt need to sping at a difrent speed then the fan why would any one buy a car now over 100.000 gs new and think its ok to need a engine by 60,000 mils, try doing a timing bealt on a 944 . no wait a clutch.
there like a hot women nice to look at but a paine in the *** and the walet when you get them home
Old 05-18-2011, 04:48 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by advantagedent
i love these cars but ya they are **** this is why the germans lost the war over building (why dose the alt need to sping at a difrent speed then the fan why would any one buy a car now over 100.000 gs new and think its ok to need a engine by 60,000 mils, try doing a timing bealt on a 944 . no wait a clutch.
there like a hot women nice to look at but a paine in the *** and the walet when you get them home
Where's yer grammar at...and yer speling to?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Jim Richards
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Happy hour at advantagedent's favorite pub started at 3:30PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyMonnin
She is pretty....
OHIO My car is from OHIO TOO It's all coming into focus. My car was in Upper Arlington for it's first 18 years or so.

Please forgive me for the pummeling I've given you. In my world every mechanic is a crook, every driver is a sucker, and 99.9% of problems that a car has can be fixed with simple hand tools while blindfolded, shackled, and gagged. The problems you face are almost guaranteed to be fictitious or grossly exaggerated. Good luck, but man...
Old 05-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2370644690.html
Old 05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Any thread that gets Jim Richards to post so I can see der frauleins is OK by me!!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:55 PM
alanp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=altarchsa;8565425]THIS HAS TO BE A HOAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With 2,777 views and 141 posts in just over 24 hours, you don't think this "Guy" is just jerking your chains?

A hoax..?....anything is possible I suppose...but man, this has really been entertaining and informative.

Carry on you crazy hoaxters!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyMonnin
The engine had the oil change every three thousand miles or once a year, whichever came first.
Someone's bs'ing you if you to believe that a properly maintained engine by any manufacturer would have so many problems if the oil was changed religiously at that interval. If that were true the cams and rings would still be in really good shape and you'd be on this board asking about aero mirrors or Cup wheels. I work in engine manufacturing and I've seen more engines destroyed by this kind of customer abuse than I care to recount here.
As for your flywheel, the factory recommends the replacement of the dual mass flywheel when the rest of the clutch components need replacing, so that's not a big surprise.
Bottom line is that buying any used car carries great risk. I would bet that if the truth were known, a great many of us on Rennlist would not buy the first 911 that we did if we could go back in time but that's how experience is gained. As for the $14k for the rebuild, if you took a pole of what we all have spent on our cars on various maintenance and performance items, $14k would be on the low side.
If it were my car I'd pack that engine up and send it to Steve Wiener or Henry at Supertech and have it built into a 3.8 RSR, which would make your car a hoot to drive and the envy of the board.
Good luck to you, sir, whatever you decide to do.....
Old 05-18-2011, 07:01 PM
pettybird
Burning Brakes

TL: DR, but wouldn't it have made a huge racket if the cams were worn out? Mechanical cam+excess clearance=hella ticking...
Old 05-18-2011, 07:14 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by amber lamps
Wow. I like how Guy's Craiglist for sale ad doesn't mention what a piece of crap the car is in it's current state. Interesting. Also interesting that he hasn't pulled the ad after all this.

Guy, you may be a nice guy; who knows. But the fact that you're trying to sell this car and making up for sale ads that are patently fraudulent makes me think that if you ARE a nice guy, you appear to have a serious case of Scumbag And ******* Disorder.

The more I read about you, and the 911 experience you've had, the more I think you're getting your just desserts.

Maybe you should stop placing for sale ads that are false, misleading and just plain wrong. It says much about your character, or lack thereof, that you're trying to pawn this thing off to someone else without disclosing the facts.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:04 PM
GuyMonnin
Advanced

The facts are that the car engine is being rebuilt as previously posted. Those are the facts. If in your opinion a $14,000 rebuild and another $2,000 in alternator and Hvac work + new lwfw + new tires + new top + new clutch + new brake pads and rotors = scum bag pawning off a crap car, what on earth would you consider otherwise my friend?!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:08 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

so come on guys who has called him already lol
Old 05-18-2011, 08:09 PM
GuyMonnin
Advanced

"Maybe you should stop placing for sale ads that are false, misleading and just plain wrong. It says much about your character, or lack thereof, that you're trying to pawn this thing off to someone else without disclosing the facts."

What on earth, or otherwise, are you spewing on about?Please be specific...

Last edited by GuyMonnin; 05-19-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:14 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

I think they all mean you have the car listed for sale stating everything is perfect and right now it is in pieces.

Lets say i did call you to see it what would you say? UMM the motor purrs! see over on that bench is the piston and over there is the case!

I still don't get why you don't understand that posting ads to sell a car before it is fixed is wrong.

Quick Reply: Newbies, DO A PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION B4 U BUY