Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9m restoration of "Kermit" (1990 Championship winning 964 Trophy Cup)

Old 01-13-2010, 08:33 PM
carreragttech
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the pic!
Attached Images  
Old 01-14-2010, 07:44 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Atgani
Funny inablity to read all of a sudden Colin ? . . . .

(not to mention an even funnier inability to answer my original question)

So come on, Surface Transforms or another "top secret" supplier ? ?
1. Conversion mentioned was 964 specific. What does this have to do with an alternative product for a 996GT3?

2. The supplier of the components is my business. You are free to make assumptions and guesses as you see fit.

In an effort to keep this thread on the track, as mentioned above I'll post more details on a separate thread as soon as we have the parts fitted to the car. I'm sure you will have many more comments to make then.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:47 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by carreragttech
Pics of first 964 with 997 turbo carbon calipers and 350mm cast rotors. I would have beat you to the carbon rotors if I could afford them. Have 15mm spacers made to go under bolt to space out for 380mm carbon rotor when I can afford them. So in a round about way I was the first.
Interestingly we are currently making a 378mm metal disc upgrade for the 996GT3 & GT3RS. We looked into using original Porsche parts but discounted them due to price and their known on-track reliability issues, although from what I gather the later versions of the discs are better than the originals. Again, I would prefer to keep this thread on subject, but would enjoy seeing more details of your upgrade on a new thread.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 446 Likes on 208 Posts

I think the credit for taking the thread off its ORIGINAL topic probably falls at your feet . . . .

Originally Posted by NineMeister
the first carbon brakes that you can buy if you want them.
Irrespective of what my examples are fitted to, carbon brakes have been available through Movit for at least two years. Hardly "the first carbon brakes you can buy if you want them"

Last edited by Atgani; 01-14-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carreragttech
Here is the pic!
Which MC are you using with these brakes??
Old 01-14-2010, 10:28 PM
PNine64
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

As supplied by ST (Surface Transforms) Colin ?

Front installation. All the images are of the ST carbon rotors fitted to my 996 GT2 back in 2007 . . . . .
Funny inablity to read all of a sudden Colin ? . . . .

(not to mention an even funnier inability to answer my original question)

So come on, Surface Transforms or another "top secret" supplier ? ?
I think the credit for taking the thread off its ORIGINAL topic probably falls at your feet . . . .

Irrespective of what my examples are fitted to, carbon brakes have been available through Movit for at least two years. Hardly "the first carbon brakes you can buy if you want them"
Chill out. NineMeister is allowed to make off the cuff comments without having to have them shoved down his throat. It's not a big deal one way or another. Sheeesh...
Old 01-14-2010, 10:46 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Watch the wear rate of those pads on the ceramics. The PMNA pads last longer and are made for PCCB SUper Cup cars -
Old 01-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PNine64
Chill out. NineMeister is allowed to make off the cuff comments without having to have them shoved down his throat. It's not a big deal one way or another. Sheeesh...

Originally Posted by PNine64
Sheeesh . . .
Great colloquialism !!

I'm not sure what it is that makes you think I'm not "chilled" ? I merely pointed out that the OP blamed me for having taken his thread off topic when clearly he'd done so himself.

But you're correct, it's no big deal (and if the OP wishes to defend his erroneous comments with regards to the availability of carbon brake rotors, I'm sure he's more than capable of doing so without you championing his cause)

Old 01-15-2010, 09:49 AM
demonfish
Burning Brakes

Great colloquialism !!

I'm not sure what it is that makes you think I'm not "chilled" ? I merely pointed out that the OP blamed me for having taken his thread off topic when clearly he'd done so himself.

But you're correct, it's no big deal (and if the OP wishes to defend his erroneous comments with regards to the availability of carbon brake rotors, I'm sure he's more than capable of doing so without you championing his cause)

Colin's comments weren't really to do with the availability of rotors, hell anyone can buy them. But AFAIK, there is nowhere i can ring up and say "I want a carbon rotor brake kit for my 964 please" so as such, colin will be the first to offer an "off the shelf complete kit", which was his point.

Lets wind this up now, and get back to nagging colin for more pictures.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:56 AM
993944S2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes. Enough of this. More pictures please. Just walk around your shop and take pictures of everything.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:09 AM
PNine64
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 993944S2
Yes. Enough of this. More pictures please. Just walk around your shop and take pictures of everything.
Thanks...that made me laugh.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by demonfish
Colin's comments weren't really to do with the availability of rotors, hell anyone can buy them. But AFAIK, there is nowhere i can ring up and say "I want a carbon rotor brake kit for my 964 please" so as such, colin will be the first to offer an "off the shelf complete kit", which was his point.

Lets wind this up now, and get back to nagging colin for more pictures.
Semantics eh, where would we be without them on an internet forum ?

FWIW if you were to speak to Guido at Movit (you'll find him incredibly helpful)
you'd find out that ST make carbon discs in any size up to 410mm dia, they're thus available as standard sized replacements for ANY car if so desired.

You're seem a practical bloke and would thus know that bells, spacers and mounting hardware (if needed) are all easily sourced, in the UK.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:46 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

FWIW if you were to speak to Guido at Movit (you'll find him incredibly helpful)
you'd find out that ST make carbon discs in any size up to 410mm dia, they're thus available as standard sized replacements for ANY car if so desired.

You're seem a practical bloke and would thus know that bells, spacers and mounting hardware (if needed) are all easily sourced, in the UK.
And if you speak to Guido at Movit again, he will tell you that they have just finished engineering the first 964 conversion on a black Speedster which just happens to belong to our customer: I delivered it myself to their place in April 09 and we had it collected in December 09. I would say that would qualify it as being the first.....
Old 01-15-2010, 10:49 AM
demonfish
Burning Brakes

aye but some lazy people just want a "out of the box" (and possibly cheaper) solution without sourcing from different places... anyhoo... movin on
Old 01-15-2010, 10:59 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Who cares who's first... Thanks Colin for continuing to develop the 964 platform!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 9m restoration of "Kermit" (1990 Championship winning 964 Trophy Cup)