Sponsored by:

ProMAX Chip and Maf unit

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 05:11 PM
C4Russ
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christer,

I do understand. I may do the dyno session anyway.

For one, it's a good excuse for me to make the trip to Seattle, which I love to visit. The other is that it's a chance to talk about cars with guys who like cars. In my neck of the woods people around here ask me what kind of car I'm driving and they're pretty confident that it's a one syllable word.

Another reason is my curiosity of the condition of a 3.6 with 109k miles with a fresh tune-up. I have no doubt that in the next few years I'll be rebuilding the engine, either by necessity or by choice. It'd be interesting to me, today, to know if what to expect from any HP gains.

As I've not driven any other 964s, I have no idea if mine is producing close the factory spec or if it's down on power. Having some real numbers to correlate to my Seat of the Pants impressions will help me to make choices during a rebuild.

If I've got the thing strapped to the dyno, I may as well try both chips to see what I get out of it. To be clear, I didn't know what to expect from just a chip but I'll tell you I was quite sure I wouldn't be blown away by any changes. I'm also considering the MAF kit so I'll be interested in what Marc learns and shares with his experience.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:40 AM
jaboc03
Advanced

Well, I got my chip on Monday, and installed it today. It does seem like it is a little smoother and a bit quicker since the install. It pulls a bit harder after 3000 rpms. The acceleration reminded me of what my old Nissan Silvia K's felt like when it had 240 hp at the wheels. I really need to find an awd dyno in my area. I like to know what I gain with each modification. That is what I did with my last car, and it really bugs me that I havn't done that with this one. All in all, I feel satisfied with the purchase. For $175 it was not bad.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:00 PM
H964
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

well, what happened to the MAF results??
Old 06-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Newbium
Intermediate

Did the Promax MAF dyno results ever get posted? I didn't see anything.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

No, not yet but there is more information here.

Marc

Quick Reply: ProMAX Chip and Maf unit