Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 03:02 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

i am a sucker for that magenta interior. color combo looks great and it really needed that magenta top. someone who doesn't mind the tip is likely going to get a tremendous looking cab for a relative deal.
Old 12-13-2023, 03:05 PM
unicorn2
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 48 Posts

@cobalt I recently looked at an authentic 964 RS 3.8 (not to purchase) it had the little mud flap behind the Front wheel like the yellow one above. for what its worth.
Old 12-14-2023, 10:32 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by unicorn2
@cobalt I recently looked at an authentic 964 RS 3.8 (not to purchase) it had the little mud flap behind the Front wheel like the yellow one above. for what its worth.
I have no info stating that these received the mud flaps like the turbo and WB cars in 94. I have photos of most of the RS's and a few have them but most don't. So I must assume they were added later. I put them on my RSR tribute and even on my NB C2. They do especially on the WB cars save the paint over the rear arches and rockers. Although the RSR's I know did not come with them just like they didn't come with the side repeaters like the RS's. After all race cars don't need extra weight or drag.
Old 12-14-2023, 10:45 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2000m2
https://carsandbids.com/auctions/9lL...ra-2-cabriolet
Widebody in some great colors. I didn’t realize there were any cabriolet widebody 964s from the factory. Not sure where this will end up given the tiptronic, but a nice looking car.
InterestingI would need to see documentation that this is a factory wide body car. There were 4 made in total with R vin codes 2 came to the US and 2 to Canada and 2 of them had tip trans. This could be one of the 2 with the tip trans and would make it a very rare car in a very desirable color combo. The tip trans may be an issue to some.
Old 12-15-2023, 05:23 AM
928 GT R
Rennlist Member

Received 5,366 Likes on 2,063 Posts

Not many options listed on the build sheet... My understanding is that 00011 is hiding the actual combination and this was built in the Exclusive or Special Wishes department.

Old 12-15-2023, 09:46 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

It appears to be a 93 vin code changed per 718 to a 94. The 8-24-93 delivery date would make it a 93 normally. So is this another case of double counted cars? A correction on the info I posted above all 4 R coded WB cabs were Canadian. It is a factory wide body as the production code 964 650 shows it as being one if it was RHD it would be code 964 651. The 00011 would be an exclusive wishes option but not sure what possibly the leather bits.

Last edited by cobalt; 12-15-2023 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-17-2023, 09:08 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,398 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Guy I know is selling this USA Cup car. A long story about these cars and this one, but to keep it short this one was converted to cup car specifications by a third party (not Porsche or Andial who was in charge of doing the conversions). Was converted back to street specification how they were sold when new. Probably had a good amount of miles on track as the second owner did a cup car conversion @ 15k miles until when it was sold with 34k miles.

Current listing:
https://hatchandsons.com/inventory/1...964-cup-usa-2/

Previous listing:
https://smclassiccars.com/porsche/23...up-usa-24.html

Previous listing photos:
Old 12-17-2023, 01:01 PM
2000m2
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidGT
Guy I know is selling this USA Cup car. A long story about these cars and this one, but to keep it short this one was converted to cup car specifications by a third party (not Porsche or Andial who was in charge of doing the conversions). Was converted back to street specification how they were sold when new. Probably had a good amount of miles on track as the second owner did a cup car conversion @ 15k miles until when it was sold with 34k miles.

Current listing:

Previous listing:

Previous listing photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142150...57664996356364
That is pretty cool. Know what they’re asking for it?
Old 12-18-2023, 12:57 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RapidGT

Current listing:

Previous listing:

Previous listing photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142150...57664996356364

Looks like it is parked in front of Top Gear here in Nj
Old 12-18-2023, 04:03 PM
ken_tubbs
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could point me to information about valuation of my car. I have a 91 C2 in Guards Red with Cashmere interior. It's mostly stock except for:

Eibach lowering springs
Primary muffler bypass (I have the original muffler)
ECU Chip
993 brake calipers with 928 S4 rotors
AC converted to R134

I bought the car in 1997 with 35k miles and it currently has about 85K on it. It's been a great car and I really enjoy driving it. The plan had always been to refresh/upgrade the car when I retired and hit the DE circuit again. However, I just retired and I'm just not that into cars any more so I'm thinking that it is time to sell it.

So, I could use to help/advice on valuation. I could also use some advice on what things I should do to facilitate the sale (hopefully just a full detail.) For instance, struts and shocks are the original Boge. If I were buying this car I would want it as is so that I could I could take it in the direction I wanted without throwing away a bunch of new parts

Thoughts? Is this the correct thread for this?

Last edited by ken_tubbs; 12-19-2023 at 02:01 PM. Reason: MY is 1991 not 1992
Old 12-18-2023, 06:29 PM
2000m2
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ken_tubbs
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could point me to information about valuation of my car. I have a 92 C2 in Guards Red with Cashmere interior. It's mostly stock except for:

Eibach lowering springs
ECU Chip
993 brake calibers with 928 S4 rotors
AC converted to R134

I bought the car in 1997 with 35k miles and it currently has about 85K on it. It's been a great car and I really enjoy driving it. The plan had always been to refresh/upgrade the car when I retired and hit the DE circuit again. However, I just retired and I'm just not that into cars any more so I'm thinking that it is time to sell it.

So, I could use to help/advice on valuation. I could also use some advice on what things I should do to facilitate the sale (hopefully just a full detail.) For instance, struts and shocks are the original Boge. If I were buying this car I would want it as is so that I could I could take it in the direction I wanted without throwing away a bunch of new parts

Sounds like a great car and like it would be well sought after as is. In addition to a good detailing, I'd take care of any maintenance items to prep it for the next owner (oil change, maybe brake pads, etc.). Any oil leaks could deter some folks, so may want to address something like that. I hate to say it, but it would likely do well on an auction site, especially as a C2 '92 model year. Prepare yourself for the peanut gallery hurling all kinds of comments and questions at your car. Depends how much hassle you want in selling it?
The following users liked this post:
laranja (12-19-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 02:45 AM
ken_tubbs
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000m2
Sounds like a great car and like it would be well sought after as is. In addition to a good detailing, I'd take care of any maintenance items to prep it for the next owner (oil change, maybe brake pads, etc.). Any oil leaks could deter some folks, so may want to address something like that. I hate to say it, but it would likely do well on an auction site, especially as a C2 '92 model year. Prepare yourself for the peanut gallery hurling all kinds of comments and questions at your car. Depends how much hassle you want in selling it?
Thanks for the feedback. I fat fingered the model year so I corrected my original post. It's a 91 not a 92. Are 92 models more desirable?

I'm really a novice at selling cars. I've only sold a couple in my life. I tend to buy new, drive them for 10-15 years and then give them away to a relative in need. I'll check into the auction sites. Are there others besides BAT? The auction process is new to me so I'll have to do some reading. After 35 years of writing software I'm really enjoying not being on a computer but I may have to buck up and actually do some research to answer these questions myself.

Last edited by ken_tubbs; 12-19-2023 at 03:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2023, 09:20 AM
RapidGT
Rennlist Member

Received 2,398 Likes on 1,307 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Looks like it is parked in front of Top Gear here in Nj
As you know a lot of the 45 cars spent time at some point in the NNJR PCA region probably including this one. Mine had as well for 20 years.
Old 12-19-2023, 09:26 AM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Received 1,038 Likes on 493 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I fat fingered the model year so I corrected my original post. It's a 91 not a 92. Are 92 models more desirable?

I'm really a novice at selling cars. I've only sold a couple in my life. I tend to buy new, drive them for 10-15 years and then give them away to a relative in need. I'll check into the auction sites. Are there others besides BAT? The auction process is new to me so I'll have to do some reading. After 35 years of writing software I'm really enjoying not being on a computer but I may have to buck up and actually do some research to answer these questions myself.
Cars & Bids (https://carsandbids.com) and PCar Market (https://www.pcarmarket.com) are the other 2 primary sites. Cars and Bids is Doug Demuro's BaT alternative. Tends to be lower end cars and oddball niche stuff. PCar Market is either an excellent, legit platform, or a totally fraudulent scheme rife with sniping and collusion, depending on who you ask. All of them are a pain in the *** for you as a seller, but it's the absolute best way to reach a massive audience with relatively little lift / expense on your end. You will truly need to be prepared to monitor the auction for a full week and respond nearly instantaneously to a million questions you may or may not have answers for. I'd go sift through the comment history on prior auction for a similar car on BaT to see if you're interested in taking that on. I've done it a few times now and definitely gotten top dollar, but also top stress and annoyance.

The easier paths are a detailed, thorough ad here and in Panorama, and maybe Facebook marketplace / or dedicated FB PCar pages if you can stomach the dumbest people in the world and some variant of this exchange 5x daily: "Hi, is this still available?" "Yes it is, are you interested?" "Will you take $25 and this beanbag chair, and I will finance the rest once my wife's brother's dog is out of the hospital ?"
Old 12-19-2023, 09:53 AM
rjf
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could point me to information about valuation of my car. I have a 91 C2 in Guards Red with Cashmere interior. It's mostly stock except for:

Eibach lowering springs
ECU Chip
993 brake calibers with 928 S4 rotors
AC converted to R134

You might also consider working with a dealer and consign your 911 and have them represent the car on your behalf on BAT. If you are in the midwest, or on the east coast, you might consider The Patina Group based in North Carolina. They typically represent some very nice Porsches on BAT. 911r is well known on the west coast.

Quick Reply: 964 Prices