Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by hawk911
wheels look great Jaime.
Thank you!

Also got a reply from the Cabrio top manufacturer with install comments. I got an appointment on Monday with the install shop. From their comments, it looks like an easy thing to fix.

A few more photos on the wheels:

Last edited by Wachuko; 04-01-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:25 PM
merrick
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie, the wheels look awesome. How has the caliper paint and decals held up?
Old 04-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by merrick
Jamie, the wheels look awesome. How has the caliper paint and decals held up?
No issues. That paint is pretty strong. A quick wash and those are back to looking like when I first painted them.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

New wing installed. Thank you Chet for an awesome deal on it!!

Process was pretty easy. Just remember to leave the spoiler raised before removal Remove a few bolts, disconnect a few cables, remove the bracket on the right side and voila! old spoiler out.

The new one goes in with bolts that fit in the original holes. Pretty easy stuff.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:02 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jamie,

After reading your post in the Friday folley thread I went off in search of a thread on air intake temps with a fixed wing that was posted a while back but I couldn't seem to find it. In that thread it showed air intake temps to be 10 degrees higher with a fixed wing in place over the standard pop-up wing. The author of the thread gave the part number for a horn attachment to the air box which gave much better air flow to the air box so you might want to consider fitting that as well. When I get a bit more time I'll have another look for it as I will need the same part at some point in the future.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Jim Howley
Hi Jamie,

After reading your post in the Friday folley thread I went off in search of a thread on air intake temps with a fixed wing that was posted a while back but I couldn't seem to find it. In that thread it showed air intake temps to be 10 degrees higher with a fixed wing in place over the standard pop-up wing. The author of the thread gave the part number for a horn attachment to the air box which gave much better air flow to the air box so you might want to consider fitting that as well. When I get a bit more time I'll have another look for it as I will need the same part at some point in the future.
Jim, thank you. I will search for it as well.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:50 PM
RicardoD
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 118 Posts

Jaime,

What kind of paint and paint system did you use to re-do your wheels?
Old 05-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by RicardoD
Jaime,

What kind of paint and paint system did you use to re-do your wheels?
First time... spray cans... big mistake...

Second time, the real stuff. I will get you the brand. But it was a base coat /clear coat paint that I got at the local Autobody supplies shop. I used my compressor and a touch up spray gun. Two coats of paint and two coats of clear.

I plan on redoing them later (I want to sand the inside, remove all the balance weights, fill the marks where the tire mounting machines bite, etc.) but this looks good for now.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

These are waiting to be installed... I will test fit them tonight. Not sure if those front splitters will fit a wide bodied front bumper... and still not sure if I want to remove the foglights and go with the brake ducts... I will install them and see how they look... Thanks again to Chet for these parts.

I am waiting for the bumper corner to arrive (getting ready for dual exahust setup in the future...) and the side sill L trim (a year or so ago some road junk took out the driver side. I was able to fix it and install it back but it broke a few brackets and I decided to get a new one and replace it). So waiting for all these parts to come in to take the car to the painters to have them paint the spoiler, rear bumper, and sills...

Also took the time to organize better the first post in this thread...
Old 08-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jaime, did you ever put 3-point belts in the back of your cab? I remember some discussion but couldn't find a thread where you completed that mod. Cab I am purchasing has the lap belts but I really want 3-point belts as the kids are now too big for kid seats.

Cheers,

--H
Old 08-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
Jaime, did you ever put 3-point belts in the back of your cab? I remember some discussion but couldn't find a thread where you completed that mod. Cab I am purchasing has the lap belts but I really want 3-point belts as the kids are now too big for kid seats.

Cheers,

--H
Here you go H.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hlight=3-point

I still have it on my to-do list.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, yup thats the one! Did you look any further into it or find out anything new? I thought I recalled that the later cabs had 3-point belts, so I was thinking at looking at a later model to see.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Kahdmus
Ah, yup thats the one! Did you look any further into it or find out anything new? I thought I recalled that the later cabs had 3-point belts, so I was thinking at looking at a later model to see.
I have not done anything on this... sorry... I do want to replace them for 3-point but since getting the 996TT we tend to go out more on that one than in the 964.

I have also been working on all the little details that needed attention on the 964 (new top, painting the wheels, etc...)... so this somehow fell in the back burner.

If you find any info please share. I need to get this done now that school is about to start.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:36 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Wachuko
...I need to get this done now that school is about to start.
...lucky kids, man.

("Blue Bird", not Porsche, = school memories.
And seat belts? hah! "we don't need no steenkin' seat belts. Sositdownanshadup!")

...never, again -- never, again. I hear ya, Jaime.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Wachuko
These are waiting to be installed... I will test fit them tonight. Not sure if those front splitters will fit a wide bodied front bumper... and still not sure if I want to remove the foglights and go with the brake ducts... I will install them and see how they look... Thanks again to Chet for these parts.

I am waiting for the bumper corner to arrive (getting ready for dual exahust setup in the future...) and the side sill L trim (a year or so ago some road junk took out the driver side. I was able to fix it and install it back but it broke a few brackets and I decided to get a new one and replace it). So waiting for all these parts to come in to take the car to the painters to have them paint the spoiler, rear bumper, and sills...

Also took the time to organize better the first post in this thread...

Folks these do not fit the widebody cars. So if anyone with a narrow body wants them they are available. Also decided not to install the brake ducts. I will put them up for sale in the For Sale thread.

Quick Reply: Pending projects and a few q?