Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pending projects and a few q?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 07:41 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice job Jamie. Love the clears on the cars; worth the money.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

You guys can't keep things as is... thank you for the unwanted motivation to continue to work with the car... Added a few items to the list and will revise for a few more that I am currently reading in a few of the threads here... Any changes really need to be those that can be done in a few hours as this is now my daily driver and can't be sitting in the garage too long...
Old 09-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

New tires installed. Appointment made for a four wheel alignment. Rocker side sill trim to be done this coming Sunday along with some cleaning, polishing and waxing. I also need to add to the list the painting of the wheels (they need some tlc to look like new again). And probably need to add a new set of center caps as the old one look very tired and faded.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:19 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Well... so much for all the stuff I needed/wanted to do to the car. I was able to at least give it a wash and re-installed the side sill that got ripped with some road debris the other day. I thought about taking the time to also change the rubber trim on the side sills but the old one is almost like glued to the sill… it will take some good elbow grease to get it out and clean the body from the black rubber that is left behind… so not a chance to do it this weekend. Ended up just putting the rear flare sill back as it was with three new clips. Came out fine. I will tackle replacing the rubber trim at a later time.

Forgot to take before shots...

but here are the ones after re-installing the part...

The first photo shows a missing piece of the underbody cover... that got ripped by the metal piece of s* that hit the car... I need to look for that undertray cover to replace it again (this is the undertray cover that goes just before the engine undertray)...

You can almost tell where there is a small rubber trim missing (where the rear side sill touches the middle section...)

All the sills need to be repainted to repair all the rock chips from daily driving... and to repaint it back to factory spec, red and bottom in black. Seems the previous owner had it all painted red at some point (most likely at the time they did the widebody conversion).

Last edited by Wachuko; 09-18-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Finally got around fixing the wheels and installing a new radio (last radio the FM/AM stopped working). Got another Sony with MP3 playback capabilities.

A few photos. Wheels had a few areas that needed filling before painting.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:11 PM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Jamie,

Your C4 is awesome. I just read the whole thread and am very envious. (1) You make the time for this stuff and (2) you know what you are doing. My heart is pounding wanting to learn how to wrench on mine. Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

W
Old 12-29-2006, 06:48 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie - How's the scissor lift holding up? I'm thinking of getting one too. Thanks!

Old 12-29-2006, 09:55 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by willfranklin
Jamie,

Your C4 is awesome. I just read the whole thread and am very envious. (1) You make the time for this stuff and (2) you know what you are doing. My heart is pounding wanting to learn how to wrench on mine. Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

W
I do the things I do thanks to the help of folks from Rennlist. This is a great community. As you learn and start working in your car just make sure you share it with the people here. It is the best way to pay back for the knowledge we find in the threads.

As to the time, some projects are quick, some are not... those that take time we just take it one bolt at a time... my car was my daily driver for awhile so there were a few things that needed attention. Now with the other car I can take the time to bring the 964 back to top shape with some TLC.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by PC2
Jamie - How's the scissor lift holding up? I'm thinking of getting one too. Thanks!

Working great!! Still, if you have the space (ceiling height) go with a two post assy. lift. If you do not have the height to do so then this one is a great alternative! Just ask jimq, he also got one and speaks wonders about it as well

OK... Front done... now working on the rear wheels...

Last edited by Wachuko; 12-30-2006 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

With all the work going into the '83 I thought the 964 would start to get jealous so when I ordered the RS panels for the 83 I ordered new door straps for the 964.

Took the time this morning to replace those.

Much better now...

Old 11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Arne91C4
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid Raise Lift

I am not sure if you are still on the fourm. Which lift did you purchase? How much is it in the way for under the car work?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Arne91C4
I am not sure if you are still on the fourm. Which lift did you purchase? How much is it in the way for under the car work?
Still around.

All info and more photos here: Mid-raise lift

Delivered to my home in Orlando, FL - US$1,400.00 + 98.05 to have the truck that came home with a lift... 1200lbs delivery weight... If you have the ceiling height I would recommend a two post asy lift... only a couple of hundreds more and soooooo much better (nothing in between or under the car which makes it even better to work under our cars).

I will also use this post to upload the photos of the pedals (to keep everything in one thread)

New pedals installed!!

Old 03-27-2008, 01:57 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Top installed.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

I did the rear wheels with proper paint and an air compressor... the difference from using cans of spray paint is amazing... now to redo the front...

Last edited by Wachuko; 04-01-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:23 PM
hawk911
Race Car

wheels look great Jaime.

Quick Reply: Pending projects and a few q?