Old 04-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by jimq
Hows the noise level in the cab?
Noise? What noise? You mean the engine music?

Seriously, not bad at all. It was so quiet that I made holes to the air box cover. Do know that the car never had the secondary muffler since I got it... so to me the level of sound is normal. Sweet as the revs go up

Last edited by Wachuko; 04-13-2005 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Marc Shaw
Jaime - looks much better without the ricer tailpipe.

Marc

I had to put that tip when on a trip from Orlando to Boca Raton I notice the heat from the exhaust was melting the inside of the bumper cover... a quick stop in an auto parts store and I was back on the road... it stayed there for about 2 years. I have had the original tip for about 3 1/2 years and never got around buying the G-Pipe until now... talk about procrastination.

The last piece of the trim came in yesterday so I might tackle that next.

BTW, I can no longer find the caliper paint kit in Red... still looking.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wachuko
I had to put that tip when on a trip from Orlando to Boca Raton I notice the heat from the exhaust was melting the inside of the bumper cover... a quick stop in an auto parts store and I was back on the road... it stayed there for about 2 years. I have had the original tip for about 3 1/2 years and never got around buying the G-Pipe until now... talk about procrastination.

The last piece of the trim came in yesterday so I might tackle that next.

BTW, I can no longer find the caliper paint kit in Red... still looking.
I broke an exhaust clamp installing my g-pipe so drove for a few days without the muffler tip on....until I noticed the underside of the bumper getting a little wavy as it started to melt from the heat of the exhaust. Not good. Stopped driving until the new muffler clamp came and put a Dansnk s.s tip on.

Lots of red paint locally but I doubt I could ship it to you as it is likely hazardous, etc.

Marc

p.s. Which tirm pieces? Bumper sill? I am still waiting for the spare clips etc. (for the few I will no doubt break) then I'll do that too once it all arrives.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:51 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Jaime,
Did you try Triangle Auto parts on Fairbanks Ave ? They usually can find any part or whatever at good prices. may have the paint or be able to get it. Central Auto Parts also may have it.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

...p.s. Which tirm pieces? Bumper sill? I am still waiting for the spare clips etc. (for the few I will no doubt break) then I'll do that too once it all arrives.
Rocker sill trim. One of the long sections was backorder. Picked it up yesterday.

I got some high-temp red paint and some brake paint (both in spray cans). But wanted to see if I could find the one that applies with a brush. I will check the places metioned by JimQ.

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2005, 03:42 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jaime,
You can always just spray the paint into the lid of the can and paint it on with a brush. I've heard this works like a charm.
Brian
Old 04-20-2005, 06:21 PM
JAMES J
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D90's

BRIAN.......check this out.

Jim
Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2005, 06:25 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAMES J
BRIAN.......check this out.

Jim
Is that thing for real of p-shop?? Goes nicely with that 996 that was painted along the same lines...
Old 04-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I am always curious what people are up to now or next (as I'm afraid I'll run out of p-car projects and have to go back to doing the chores my wife has lind up for me).

When I get my car back next week after it's service, it goes to the body shop for two 1/2" rust blisters to be repaired by the front windscreen seal and a repaint of the doors (I'm not happy with the crud left after removing flags and going to aero mirrors).

Then when I get it back, the next things to get done are switch to H4's (finally have all the parts) and a repair of that rocker sill trim (still waiting for some clips to arrive before I can do that one). A smile repair as per John Miles' site is on the list and, finally, I have to replace my windscreen dflector as it has a little rust bubble on it too - very unsightly!

So....what are you up to or have planned next?

Marc
Old 04-20-2005, 09:42 PM
CHASE
Instructor

James j , that van is sweeeeeeeet ! could use wheelie bars out back ! Does it have a 3.6 flat 6 for power ?
Old 04-20-2005, 10:48 PM
JAMES J
Instructor

He had just taken off the wheelie's........has a BIG VW ,balanced,blueprinted,dual pot,s,etc.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

I am always curious what people are up to now or next (as I'm afraid I'll run out of p-car projects and have to go back to doing the chores my wife has lind up for me).

When I get my car back next week after it's service, it goes to the body shop for two 1/2" rust blisters to be repaired by the front windscreen seal and a repaint of the doors (I'm not happy with the crud left after removing flags and going to aero mirrors).

Then when I get it back, the next things to get done are switch to H4's (finally have all the parts) and a repair of that rocker sill trim (still waiting for some clips to arrive before I can do that one). A smile repair as per John Miles' site is on the list and, finally, I have to replace my windscreen dflector as it has a little rust bubble on it too - very unsightly!

So....what are you up to or have planned next?

Marc
Since I decided to keep the R32 and I can't seem to be able to keep from changing stuff... I got one of this sets to install...

And some better bushings for the lower dog-bone engine mount:

And a 22mm rear sway bar, and, and, and....

Also, all the parts I ordered for the 964 came in. I am waiting to get the Armada back from service to be able to park the car and replace the valve cover, check adjustment on the valves, etc...
Old 05-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool Lift... done

Old 05-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jaime... You're my freakin' HERO! Would you mind if I asked where you got that and approximately how much you paid? I'd LOVE to have one of those! Is it electric/hydraulicr?

That is Slick with a capital "S"!!!

Quick Reply: Pending projects and a few q?