Sponsored by:

Numeric Racing Short Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 02:04 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 394 Posts

Hi Parkersteng,

It looks like Numeric changed their design and eliminated the half moon extension. You can see the newer model in a recent post pictured Here

Some folks were finding their rods had welds that interfered with that half moon. I gather this was their solution, but I must say I like the prior design.

You are currently set on the long throw setting. The lower hole is for the shorter shift. (edit back password before.)

Good luck with the install. Despite all the noise I found this to be a really great mod.

Last edited by Foxman; 05-06-2024 at 07:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ChuckG (05-05-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 09:55 AM
parkertseng
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
Hi Parkersteng,

It looks like Numeric changed their design and eliminated the half moon extension. You can see the newer model in a recent post pictured Here

Some folks were finding their rods had welds that interfered with that half moon. I gather this was their solution, but I must say I like the prior design.

You are currently set on the short throw setting. The lower hole is for the longer shift.

Good luck with the install. Despite all the noise I found this to be a really great mod.

Thanks Foxman,

Appreciated for your reply.
As I recalled in their installation video, he mentioned if we use swine eleven booth then I need to set at the a certain throw position.
But it wasn't quite clear when I said it in the video.
Do you have any idea about it?
Thanks

Old 05-06-2024, 05:51 PM
997 tt/rs
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

You are sitting much too close to the steering wheel, you know what airbag does? Yiu are sitting also too high

Originally Posted by ChuckG
Adding my experience. I’d read the various reviews, successes, and concerns shared and decided to go for it and purchase a Numeric short shifter. I’ve owned my 964 for 25 years and twice had the bushings fail. Numeric’s design appealed to me as there would be no more bushings!!

I installed the shifter today and am extremely happy with the results. Didn’t experience any of the downsides or problems other shared and LOVE how the shifter feels.

I went with the shorter throw. My wife rode along and recorded the 1st drive to capture my initial impressions, which you can find here: Numeric Shifter 1st drive
Old 05-06-2024, 06:44 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by parkertseng
@Numeric Racing
I order a kit for my converted c2 for 964 c4, few months ago.
Together with adjustable shift rod.
Just about to start the installation next week
I found some difference of my kit to the video and post here.
Pleas refer to attached picture.
Which hole is for the shorted throw and how to install it with you adjustable shift rod.
Is ti normal or a new updates?
Wondering is there any link to explain this and installation guide?
Thanks

The last picture with the red circle. That is the spacer that is to be used between the center trunion and the bearing. This does sit outside the housing like in this picture. with it installed like this, the shifter will bounce back and forth and have a tremendous amount of play. The install guide should reference where these spacers go( And yes before everyone comments, I know this is an old thrown together install guide and I am working on getting new install guides developed haha)

The half moon part in reference was removed, yes, it was interfering with the weld spots on the FD motorsports golden rod and some stock rods as well. There really wasnt much need for this added support since the bolt securing this part is massive and will hold up perfectly as designed. SO this is just an updated part as well as the removal of the third throw position which was to low and causing a lot of customers to bottom out when in the lowest position.

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223
Old 05-06-2024, 07:32 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 394 Posts

Thanks Foxman,

Appreciated for your reply.
As I recalled in their installation video, he mentioned if we use swine eleven booth then I need to set at the a certain throw position.
But it wasn't quite clear when I said it in the video.
Do you have any idea about it?
Thanks
Humble apologies Parkersteng,

I looked back at the video, and took a lesson and engineering as well. The short throw position is actually the bottom hole of the lever. This lowers the pivot point, and shortens the throw.. And you’re correct, that they caution against using that short hole position with the swine 11 boot.

Last edited by Foxman; 05-06-2024 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-06-2024, 07:57 PM
Peteinjp
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 156 Posts

@Numeric Racing Since you guys are making your own shift rod- how about a double shear version with brass bushings instead of having that long single shear bolt with the nylon? Might need to lengthen the intermediate piece just a little but would be a nice improvement.

Pete

Last edited by Peteinjp; 05-06-2024 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-07-2024, 12:30 AM
parkertseng
Instructor

@Numeric Racing
Thanks for your reply.
Confirm this is the correct way to install as per to attached picture?
Can you explain more about the throw position here, bottom hole is shorter and upper hole is for longer throw?
How much difference of throw between two of them?
I do use the swine eleven shift boot trim panel, can I still use the bottom hole installation for shorter throw?

Old 05-07-2024, 12:32 AM
parkertseng
Instructor

Originally Posted by Foxman
Humble apologies Parkersteng,

I looked back at the video, and took a lesson and engineering as well. The short throw position is actually the bottom hole of the lever. This lowers the pivot point, and shortens the throw.. And you’re correct, that they caution against using that short hole position with the swine 11 boot.
Hey Foxman, no problem at all.
I am happy and appreciate already that people will to take time to reply with any insight.
Cheer

Old 05-07-2024, 11:42 AM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts

@Numeric Racing
Thanks for your reply.
Confirm this is the correct way to install as per to attached picture?
Can you explain more about the throw position here, bottom hole is shorter and upper hole is for longer throw?
How much difference of throw between two of them?
I do use the swine eleven shift boot trim panel, can I still use the bottom hole installation for shorter throw?

Yes that is the correct way that you would install and connect the lever to the housing. Please be aware if you plan on installing the Swine Eleven Reboot, you would need to purchase the Swine Eleven Reboot off our website since Swine Eleven has made a custom kit specifically designed for our shifter. If you already have one and plan on using with our shifter You would need to contact them so they can inform you on the specific cut out you would need to make to make compatible with our shifter. Our reboot kit from Swine Eleven will have our logo on the box and state "Custom for Numeric Racing" We worked with them to get this developed.

Because of the removal of the third hole setting, this eliminated the issue with not being able to run the lowest setting while using the Swine Eleven Reboot. You are correct the lowest hole would be your shortest throw and the top hole is you longer throw. The differences are minimal, however we always recommend using the shorter throw position.

Quick Reply: Numeric Racing Short Shifter