Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Singer/Williams Engineering Engine Development

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 06:34 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

exhaust design could be the realise of the performance, clearing all the holes and bumps in the
top end curve and more to the torque curve,
would like to hear what are the valves and port size, I think there is a lot of performance to come from the right combination, I guess the standard combination give low performance.
my though and from some experience; our engines could well perform around 360 bhp with the right parts, but the difficulty will be developing the right exhaust system; I don't believe the sound means much, I have seen quite engines with a lot of power.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:32 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Singer and Williams's Wildly Modified Porsche Flat-Six Sounds Incredible
The 500 horsepower, four-liter engine is in a test car, and it sounds amazing.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...lat-six-sound/

Old 11-07-2017, 02:20 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

here's what it sounds like for the first time
Old 11-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Hula
Burning Brakes

Received 202 Likes on 97 Posts

Original video taken down.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:11 PM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds great but i'm not a big fan of the body.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

It's a test mule. They just gave it enough bodywork to cover the tires and chopped holes in the bodywork to get airflow to the right places. There isn't much else to it from a style standpoint. But those other Singer renderings definitely seem to indicate that they are going to bring out some type of bodywork modeled after the 3.0 RSR.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:19 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Default Updates!

Say hello to what seems to be the latest Singer's creation.

INFO:

What we’re seeing here is the first modified 964 to incorporate the last two years’ worth of work undertaken by Singer Vehicle Design in collaboration with Williams Advanced Engineering and a team of consultants and advisors that includes such names as Norbert Singer and Hans Mezger. It began when Singer customer Scott Blattner approached the company to make something special out of his 964 with a focus on lightweight and high performance enhancements. Minimum vehicle weight is said to be 990kg (~2,180lbs).

The resulting endeavor saw Singer team up with Williams on something they’re calling a “dynamics and lightweighting study” (DLS), and the most salient outcome of this work so far is the modified Porsche flat-six under the deck lid of this Absinthe example; the car’s original M64 used 3.6 liters to churn 247 horsepower in 1990, but in Scott’s 911 it’s been enlarged to four liters even. Thanks to that extra capacity and the double overhead cam heads developed by Williams, it’s now capable of putting out 500 naturally aspirated horsepower. You can listen to what that sounds like here.

Besides that screaming six, Williams also worked with Singer on the aerodynamics package of the modified Porsche, and with consultation from Norbert Singer, the resulting body and underbody have been optimized through the use of computational fluid dynamics for a blend of aesthetic and performance considerations. From the rear diffuser to the trick roof and rear window sculpting, the surface area has been almost comprehensively altered to make better use of the air flowing over and under it, and this also includes the ducktail spoiler, rear window inlets (which act as a ram-air system to feed the big air-cooled lump in the rear), oil cooler ducting in the front bumper, and the flared arches accommodating the 911’s widened track.

In addition to the stretched footprint’s contribution to its roadholding capabilities, the car’s suspension has been upgraded to shed weight, offer more adjustability, and improve the original geometry. And in order to ensure the front seat experience provided by all these mechanical modifications is up to the standards of an ultimate road and track 911, Singer worked with drivers Marino Frachitti and Chris Harris to perfect the driving dynamics alongside the dedicated team at Williams.

Each of the Porsche 911s restored and modified by Singer is based on the unique commissions of their customers, and the cars restored in this program (limited to 75) will be no different in that regard—owners will simply be selecting options from a different range of services than those available on Singer-modified cars in the past. With its own dedicated facility at the Williams campus in Oxfordshire (called “Singer at Grove”) this is a wholly separate program from their other restoration and customization services, and in that vein, Singer founder and Creative Director Rob Dickinson explains that “On a technical level, the study has been fascinating and has resulted in an incredible restoration with the benefit of top drawer resources and modern science. Artistically it has been a second chance to connect with the machine on a new level.”

From the perspective of Rob’s development partners on this project, Craig Wilson, Williams Advanced Engineering’s Managing Director, noted: “Being able to work with the classic Porsche 964, applying our expertise in aerodynamics, advanced lightweight materials and vehicle dynamics to optimise performance has been a tremendous opportunity. We are delighted that the restoration of these cars for Singer’s clients will take place here in Oxfordshire”

The Dynamics and Lightweight Study also developed pieces of the offering with industry experts from Michelin, BBS, and Brembo for example, and Scott’s Absinthe-over-Blood-Orange car features bespoke Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, 18” forged magnesium monobloc center-lock wheels from BBS Motorsport, lightweight monobloc Brembo calipers and carbon composite rotors, custom damping by EXE-TC, and a magnesium Hewland six-speed transmission.

So this is it, this is the first look at the next level of modified Porsche 911s from the minds behind Singer. Like any restoration to come from the company that’s redefining the term, details are abundant. Inside the Buckminster Fuller-esque cabin structure for instance, is the exposed section of shift linkage underneath the **** with inlaid balsa. The interior is equal parts spartan and indulgent depending on your point of view, and details abound on the outer skin as well; just look at the arrangement of shapes and negative spaces in the taillights alone.
Attached Images           
Old 11-14-2017, 11:21 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Default more

A true wide beast!
Attached Images         
Old 11-14-2017, 11:42 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Heaven help me.

I want to say something negative about it but I can't

In fact I love it.

I hated the 1st gen and I will never get over all the wonderful 964's being chopped up but this is just over the top Gorgeous. Even the added on flairs initially were not my cup of tea but they have quickly grown on me.

This is a car worthy of being called reimagined and I have to give them credit where credit is due. All the the things I hated about the first gen they seem to have addressed. Maybe it is the collaboration that seems to carry through with a piece of art on wheels.

I love the colors and the interior and just about everything else. I need to see this in person and this would be worthy of me selling off my cars for.

There done I said it.

Last edited by cobalt; 11-15-2017 at 08:33 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:42 AM
freno a mano
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG
Old 11-14-2017, 11:51 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cobalt
Heaven help me.

In fact I love it.

I hated the 1st gen and I will never get over all the wonderful 964's being chopped up but this is just over the top Gorgeous. Even the added on flairs initially were not my cup of tea but they have quickly grown on me.
Totally agree with you. I'm a huge 964 fan and i really love it but here, in that version, Singer nailed it!
Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Heaven help me.

In fact I love it.
What the hell?! That says a lot right there. =:>

Just amazing work, with so many interesting details...
Old 11-14-2017, 12:04 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,167 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
What the hell?! That says a lot right there. =:>

Just amazing work, with so many interesting details...
I give credit where credit is due. Now how much with only 75 made I am assuming we will be seeing 7 figures easily.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:31 PM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

I give credit where credit is due. Now how much with only 75 made I am assuming we will be seeing 7 figures easily.
I would say 1m$. However, i believe that a number like that would be absurd!
Old 11-14-2017, 12:35 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Speechless. Original singers are cool, but this is just on another planet altogether. Unreal.

Quick Reply: Singer/Williams Engineering Engine Development