Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Singer/Williams Engineering Engine Development

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Deserion
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

And I’m sitting here trying to figure out which car the HVAC controls was lifted from.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:47 PM
RAASpeedster
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW I only hope I can see one in person someday on the road so I can hear it roar.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:07 AM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Why, I don't know, but when I saw the shifter, it immediately reminded me of the one Willi Thom did for Achim Anschidt (the Bugatti designer), per his instructions.

Yes, a far more modern version, but the whole idea of being able to see the workings of the shifter underneath...

And yes, I'm in love with that car too !! Super light weight and very clean lines.

Old 11-15-2017, 01:05 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Manufacturer fit and finish!
You guys realize at this point in time the completed car only exists on some graphic designer's harddrive...
Old 11-15-2017, 11:27 AM
n1ne11
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

+1

Even topgear or other car news journalists seem to believe the 3D car exists.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:49 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Super90
Why, I don't know, but when I saw the shifter, it immediately reminded me of the one Willi Thom did for Achim Anschidt (the Bugatti designer), per his instructions.

Yes, a far more modern version, but the whole idea of being able to see the workings of the shifter underneath...

And yes, I'm in love with that car too !! Super light weight and very clean lines.
I'm a big fan of that car too. Backdated '81 SC @ 820 KG!

Old 11-15-2017, 06:52 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Vandit
You guys realize at this point in time the completed car only exists on some graphic designer's harddrive...
I'm embarrassed to admit that I did not realize this until your comment. That is one hell of a graphic designer... down to the tire markings.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:10 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

I think most know that but this rendering has a much better chance of being built as shown than any exciting prototype from manufacturers that ultimately end up being completely watered down and soul-less. I think it looks fantastic from every aspect and I am willing to bet that, given the clientele and exclusivity, the final product will look as equally fantastic.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:18 AM
n1ne11
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

Oh of course.

But if you are a real journalist and not a blogger, you have to say it is only a 3D render, even if it is planned from Singer to build it exactly how it is rendered.

In addition, having the car built is also what makes the difference between a company that means business and a designers mind flying above clouds Nowaday everybody could draw something like this and say "hey guys, I invented a car."
Old 11-16-2017, 01:15 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by n1ne11
Oh of course.
But if you are a real journalist and not a blogger, you have to say it is only a 3D render [...] Nowaday everybody could draw something like this and say "hey guys, I invented a car."
Nowadays, anyone living in their parent's basement with access to a computer and internet can call themselves a journalist.

Originally Posted by n1ne11
In addition, having the car built is also what makes the difference between a company that means business and a designers mind flying above clouds
Besides Williams, I am sure Singer has already secured other partnerships and the car is well on its way to being built. Singer has already proven that it means business by building their original version, and there are some very deep pockets that have/will line up to get a shot at exclusivity with this new iteration. It would not surprise me if the 75 units announced will be allocated in no time (if not already done), and subsequently built.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:52 PM
02m2
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

amazing design .....given that and the expected well in excess of $1M price tag I would rather keep my lightly modded 964 c2 and just go get a new GT2RS for $300k and be at least $800k ahead.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Beezztie
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

This is the guy that made the design, amazing how real it looks! http://danielsimon.com/
Old 11-18-2017, 12:07 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Captain Ahab Jr.
Yahoo, we agree

A very ambitious step ahead for Singer as a company

I've been waiting for this to go public for quite sometime, I was trying to put into words what was coming but without saying anything

A lot of aero development work has gone into the shape you can see and even more on the shapes you can't see. Ignore the obvious but lots of subtle aero improvements have all been combined to make what I think is a stunning looking car

Less reimagineering more engineering just how I like my cars
Hey Capn .. what can you tell us about the bonnet indent mirrored in the roof panel .. is that also into the air intake or ...?

Last edited by HiWind; 11-18-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:16 AM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

The roof setup looks like it’s just for aero?

Pretty extraordinary. Though the Christmas red/green interior is definitely not to my taste, nor the plastic ground effects/aero. But that engine... wow. The design is nice, but I like the 964 for its understated “sporting car” style. This iteration is too much gt3 for me.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Just read the responses to the new Singer on Petrolicious... an amazing collection of opinions, I suspect from mostly non-Porsche owning folks, particularly non-964 owners. Many like it, many hate it... and there's no shortage of personal snark. I also follow a couple of Audi forums (when you own an Audi... you need to know how to fix/remedy issues on your own) and have always appreciated the general civility on this forum (not always found on others). As far as the "new" Singer goes... it will be interesting to see how much of the beautifully executed CGI make it into a real world car.

... just sayin'.

Quick Reply: Singer/Williams Engineering Engine Development