Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rogue Tuning: DME Logger!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 12:53 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic202
You are correct... It is for the MAP not pin 30. Are you willing to share that schematic? I have been looking for that. On a different note, I just saw that Focus 9 is now beta testing his OBD2. I may support that instead of going further down this rabbit hole.
Sent you an email.

What problem are you having with the logger?
Old 11-13-2020, 10:23 AM
PorscheFanatic202
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you!

It seems that my wideband (Autometer) linear output isn't supported by the datastream file. It is set up for 0-5V. While most widebands have the option to rescale their output signal, mine does not and only outputs 0-4V. I thought that it would be a simple software change, however it is password protected. LR hasn't responded to my requests and I haven't tried Joshua knowing he is done supporting this.
Old 11-14-2020, 01:33 PM
markl951
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Sent you an email.

What problem are you having with the logger?
Interested as well?
Old 11-14-2020, 01:35 PM
markl951
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic202
Thank you!

It seems that my wideband (Autometer) linear output isn't supported by the datastream file. It is set up for 0-5V. While most widebands have the option to rescale their output signal, mine does not and only outputs 0-4V. I thought that it would be a simple software change, however it is password protected. LR hasn't responded to my requests and I haven't tried Joshua knowing he is done supporting this.
I was curious why there is such a disconnect between the Autometer datastream file for DME Logger and your Autometer WB gauge. If you look at all the WBO2 gauges available from Autometer about half of them are 0-4V output, the other half are 0-5V output with some of those being programmable. You seem out of luck unless you want to change WBO2 gauges.

If you plan on working with Joe and his OBDII project, I think he only supports 0-5V WBO2 outputs as well. At least for now.
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...l#post16964005

I see that some of the Autometer gauges have a "Peak" recall function. That seems kind of pointless as any off throttle action usually results in my gauge going full lean on the gauge scale, i.e. 22 AFR. I'd be more interested in a "Min" recall function. Some of their stepper motor boost gauges have a similar "Peak" recall feature. If the WBO2 gauge would save the "Min" those two values together would be more helpful.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:00 PM
PorscheFanatic202
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by markl951
I was curious why there is such a disconnect between the Autometer datastream file for DME Logger and your Autometer WB gauge. If you look at all the WBO2 gauges available from Autometer about half of them are 0-4V output, the other half are 0-5V output with some of those being programmable. You seem out of luck unless you want to change WBO2 gauges.

If you plan on working with Joe and his OBDII project, I think he only supports 0-5V WBO2 outputs as well. At least for now.
https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...l#post16964005

I see that some of the Autometer gauges have a "Peak" recall function. That seems kind of pointless as any off throttle action usually results in my gauge going full lean on the gauge scale, i.e. 22 AFR. I'd be more interested in a "Min" recall function. Some of their stepper motor boost gauges have a similar "Peak" recall feature. If the WBO2 gauge would save the "Min" those two values together would be more helpful.
I did reach out to Joe. He mentioned that he was going to try and program mine for a different scale. I think he already is adding the ability to change WBO2 units within the software.

Quick Reply: Rogue Tuning: DME Logger!