Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rogue Tuning: DME Logger!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 08:50 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
You cut the wire for pin 12. Once cut, you'll have two "ends" - one end that heads off to the engine, and one that heads to the DME.

The engine end gets left hanging for dead, you don't do anything with it (it just goes back to a grounding point). Tape it off.

The DME end connects to the blue wire of the DME logger.
Thanks. That's what I thought.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Chuck Henry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I'm installing my new Rogue Tuner and I've run into a couple issues. There are no brown and blue wires, but there are red, white and black. So no matching colors and an extra wire! Anyone know how to wire this up? I would guess black and brown are the same but I'm not sure after that.

Also, I thought I would at least install the software but it doesn't see the logger either. Looks like I'm striking out across the board on this one.
Old 08-05-2016, 08:47 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck Henry
So I'm installing my new Rogue Tuner and I've run into a couple issues. There are no brown and blue wires, but there are red, white and black. So no matching colors and an extra wire! Anyone know how to wire this up? I would guess black and brown are the same but I'm not sure after that.

Also, I thought I would at least install the software but it doesn't see the logger either. Looks like I'm striking out across the board on this one.
Red white and black? That sounds like the MAP sensor. The logger box only has two wires.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Chuck Henry
Racer

Not the one I just got from LR. Hence my confusion.

Of course I can't get any of the TunerPro software to even see the box so it might not matter if I can get the wires hooked up. Do you happen to have a copy of the software that works with the logger box?
Old 08-05-2016, 11:46 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Not the one I just got from LR. Hence my confusion.

Of course I can't get any of the TunerPro software to even see the box so it might not matter if I can get the wires hooked up. Do you happen to have a copy of the software that works with the logger box?
http://tunerpro.net/ is the software.

If you can live with a 10s popup, it's free.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Chuck Henry
Racer

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
http://tunerpro.net/ is the software.

If you can live with a 10s popup, it's free.
I downloaded that, but it won't see the logger. I tried the legacy version and another version I found in a "bundle" from Rouge but couldn't get any of them to see the unit.

On the wiring front, you can see what LR is selling with three wires here.

Old 08-05-2016, 12:56 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

I downloaded that, but it won't see the logger. I tried the legacy version and another version I found in a "bundle" from Rouge but couldn't get any of them to see the unit.

On the wiring front, you can see what LR is selling with three wires here.

Interesting. That's definitely a different unit from what I have (which is only 2 wires).

I'd call Lindsey.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Chuck Henry
Racer

Joshua got back to me and here's the write-up on installing the new logger:

http://www.roguetuning.com/dme_logge...r_setup__files

In a nutshell, brown is now black, blue is now white, and red doesn't do anything.

Still have to get the software to actually see the logger, but at least I have a wiring direction if I do.
Old 08-05-2016, 03:19 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a similar issue...I've posted on one of the Rogue threads on here.

I don't have the harness in the pic just the USB cable

It appears we have

Black
Brown
Red
Orange

This is the task that I am trying to solve. I'm getting the wire from Moates that cost $4.00 on their site and it has 2 ends that look like this link. Bottom pic on post

http://www.moates.net/cn2-cable-p-220.html?cPath=31

I will cut off one end on the Moates wire to expose the 4 wires and tie into the car wiring like the Rogue link for this type of logger, however.

I just need to figure out which wire is the blue wire since buying it used an not getting that little harness that would have come with it.

I know that the harness in the Rogue pic looks like 2 wires; brown and blue wires soldered into the 4 pin connection.

Logic tells me on the Rogue pics that brown is still brown which is "DME Pin 16 ground on car"

So in the Rogue pics the blue wire is soldered into either:

Red
Black
Orange

One of these 3 colors goes to "DME Pin 12 on harness" which is:

Test Socket (A) (USA / unleaded gasoline engines)

Yes I could experiment with all 3 when hooking up but will that fry something inside the logger???

Does anyone else have an original Logger harness that can verify this configuration?

It would mean exposing the wires on this small Rogue harness to see which 2 wires are soldered to what.

I have not found any wiring diagram on the Moates site that would help either.

Thoughts anyone??????

Thanks
Attached Images    
Old 08-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Chuck Henry
Racer

Since we now know that it's black/white that are used on the LR one, judging from the picture they are the two outside wires on the side that is closer to the plug. So I would say just looking at that harness

Black - #12
Brown - #16

If not that then I would guess the opposite

Orange - #12
Red - #16

Either way, if it's wired the same as my newer LR design it should ground on one of the middle two and get signal from the outside wire closest too it.
Old 08-05-2016, 05:02 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

You may need drivers from here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Also, make sure you are using Tuner Pro RT.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:12 PM
Chuck Henry
Racer

I was using the RT version, but I'll check those drivers out. Grateful for anything additional to try.
Old 08-05-2016, 06:31 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for the input.

I will not yet be able to confirm with trying this out yet since the block for this car is with Michael Mount right now but that does help narrow things down.

I hope your and my posts will help if others run into this situation if buying a used M-tune setup.

Thanks to Shawn also for posting info on the LR setup info.

I know I need to get the LR logger for my LR M-tune 3.0L car. I am assuming that the Rogue tuner that I have will work with the LR version rather than having to buy the Ostrich tuner.

Not a big deal to me just trying to get some work done while engine and crank are away being machined.

Since we now know that it's black/white that are used on the LR one, judging from the picture they are the two outside wires on the side that is closer to the plug. So I would say just looking at that harness

Black - #12
Brown - #16

If not that then I would guess the opposite

Orange - #12
Red - #16

Either way, if it's wired the same as my newer LR design it should ground on one of the middle two and get signal from the outside wire closest too it.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:06 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Joshua got back to me and here's the write-up on installing the new logger:

In a nutshell, brown is now black, blue is now white, and red doesn't do anything.

Still have to get the software to actually see the logger, but at least I have a wiring direction if I do.
It might not power up unless it's hooked up properly. It might get it's power from the DME circuits and not the USB.

My memory is a little fuzzy buuuuut I'm pretty sure that the car has to be RUNNING before my logger starts talking to my PC.
Old 08-06-2016, 03:37 AM
darek_u
Pro

^ +1 car must be running otherwise there is no communication between logger and DME.

Quick Reply: Rogue Tuning: DME Logger!