Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Pikington will make saratoga tops Again

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 03:25 PM
PEvans
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

The pics above show that the bronze top color does not match the regular glass color, but the difference is hard to see. It has only been an eon since you could buy these tops new, and the frameless was never offered in gray. It might be another eon (if ever) before you can get a gray one. My $.02. I bought one and I already had one!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by PEvans
The pics above show that the bronze top color does not match the regular glass color, but the difference is hard to see. It has only been an eon since you could buy these tops new, and the frameless was never offered in gray. It might be another eon (if ever) before you can get a gray one. My $.02. I bought one and I already had one!
I just called to see if they were sent out ...
Seems they are a little backlogged, so its really not going to get here until the middle of next week, that we see them out here
I was hoping to get it before our Bay Area get-together this Sunday
Oh well ...
Could be worse.... Could be no sunroof
Old 09-19-2013, 03:50 PM
craftsman
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update Eddie!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I just called to see if they were sent out ...
Seems they are a little backlogged, so its really not going to get here until the middle of next week, that we see them out here
I was hoping to get it before our Bay Area get-together this Sunday
Oh well ...
Could be worse.... Could be no sunroof
Thanks for the update Eddie, I noticed they haven't billed my card yet so was wondering what was going on.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:43 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine has already arrived at my mailbox in Washington. Very fast.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:46 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

How are they shipping these that they arrive across the country so quickly?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:47 PM
speedfreak81
Instructor

Damn, I ordered mine Tuesday morning at 9:20am EST time, haven't received any tracking or shipment notification. Can't believe someone got theirs in Washington already???? Wonder how they are prioritizing shipping?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theedge
Mine has already arrived at my mailbox in Washington. Very fast.
Why do I feel that you are pulling my leg ?
Old 09-19-2013, 07:37 PM
JonRolls
4th Gear

Just had the shipping quote for the UK $195 ouch!! Is there anyone else out there that wants to share the cost of this I am based in Berkshire, South East. I'm also wondering whether we can ask to ship without tax, will we have to pay import and VAT anyway? Any advice? Regards Jon

Last edited by JonRolls; 09-19-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JonRolls
Just had the shipping quote for the UK $195 ouch!! Is there anyone else out there that wants to share the cost of this I am based in Berkshire, South East. I'm also wondering whether we can ask to ship without tax, will we have to pay import and VAT anyway? Any advice? Regards Jon
Just and FYI.... I had asked them if they could ship 2 sunroofs together to CA
They said they were prepackaged and that they wouldn't do that.
I am guessing if you beg them and they see that the cost is so high for shipping to the UK, they may reconsider ??
Just thought I would let ya know, I tried that route, but I am in the states, so maybe they were less sympathetic
Good luck
Regards
Ed
Old 09-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received confirmation that mine have arrived in Southern California about an hour ago... I did place my order at 8:00am ET Tuesday though.

As to shipping O/S, I'm using Shipito for shipping to Sydney and will it cost me around $240 for two or around $140 for one... given Australia is one of the most expensive places to ship to, they may be worth a try for those who have mentioned it.

Weight is 20 to 21 lbs (I have one at each weight... not sure why the variance) and box dimensions in inches are 43 x 29 x 4.

Sincerest thanks to all those involved in seeing this come together!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Geneqco
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonRolls
Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Just and FYI.... I had asked them if they could ship 2 sunroofs together to CA
They said they were prepackaged and that they wouldn't do that.
I am guessing if you beg them and they see that the cost is so high for shipping to the UK, they may reconsider ??
Just thought I would let ya know, I tried that route, but I am in the states, so maybe they were less sympathetic
Good luck
Regards
Ed
When I asked them they said they would only ship to US... I'm guessing it was because they were very busy as the guy said he had a number of callers waiting. Going from the quotes, seems Shipito is cheaper anyway... they can consolidate if there is more than one. Of course there are others but I have found them to be the most competitive pricing wise.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

If it costs 200+ to ship, it is far better than getting an old top for 800-1500 plus that shipping. Go for it and enjoy the tops. I can't wait for mine to get to me. I was told that they had lots of orders and shipping is a bit delayed. Also, the boxing has been done, one for each box. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I will. As far as the tint, I could care less what tint it is, all I want is a Saratoga top. wwwwhhhooooo.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Can't wait to get mine, they still haven't billed my card hopefully tomorrow. I don't care about the tint either it will look nice and it kept the cost down because of the color also it is period correct with the other tops since the original frame-less ones came in bronze only.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:38 PM
miragezero
Instructor

I've decided against the bronze but if any of you Euros want to ship yours to me for the rennlist price to hold for when you can ship I'd be happy to hold them. I live in Jax, Fl on US east coast. There are still some good ppl in the world lol. PM me if you like.

Quick Reply: Pikington will make saratoga tops Again