John
What is the story with the shipping?
94024 ?
Can we combine shipping of two ?
Who is the shipping vendor ?
Please let us know ?

Originally Posted by PilkClassics
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to post a friendly reminder that tomorrow is launch day! Starting tomorrow at 9 AM EST, Pilkington Classics will be open for business and ready to start accepting orders. Special Rennlist pricing of $299.99 + shipping for first 100 sold!

Call Pilkington Classics at 1-(800)-848-1351 to order!

Cheers!

Jon
Old 09-16-2013 | 06:11 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CurtP
I have a feeling the bronze tint will look good on a Zermatt Silver car, since in certain lights it has a gold-ish tone of its own.

I was set to buy one, and still may. Things have recently changed and I'm thinking about selling the 951 again. Not because I really want to, but because I'd like to see it get the attention it deserves - something that I haven't been able to do for a while.
Sorry to hear Curt
I doubt there will be anyone who takes car of the car better than you?
Wish you the best of luck, if you go that route
Regards
Ed
Old 09-16-2013 | 08:15 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

I have a feeling the bronze tint will look good on a Zermatt Silver car, since in certain lights it has a gold-ish tone of its own.

I was set to buy one, and still may. Things have recently changed and I'm thinking about selling the 951 again. Not because I really want to, but because I'd like to see it get the attention it deserves - something that I haven't been able to do for a while.
Got an idea let me borrow it for like 2 weeks and if you miss it you know to keep it. If you don't then you know to sell it or donate to a nice young lad thats held it for you
Old 09-16-2013 | 09:38 PM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Originally Posted by zermattsilver

look at this auction on eBay for an original smoke grey Saratoga top

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161107640089
Now that looks perfect, why on Earth would the news ones be bronze??? I have yet to see a picture of the bronze. Is there one posted?
Old 09-16-2013 | 11:02 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Honestly the bronze doesn't look that bad from what I've seen especially if you car is more of a neutral color like black, silver, gold etc.. I'm debating on whether to get one or not tomorrow. My money is tight and I feel like for 360-410 bucks I might enjoy other parts more. I'll call in the morning and see what the total is with shipping if it stretches me too much I'll buy something else I want.
Old 09-16-2013 | 11:40 PM
Donaldx3
Rennlist Member

Who cares what color they are it's been a long time that they made things for all the people who indeed been waiting for them to come out with them again it doesn't matter as long as the seals are better then the original seals it's fine by me Idc if it's the same color as the one as I have who ever still own the original tops know that the wind noise were horrible the seals got bad and hopefully they can have seals to put on the original tops to get them in better shape ya just hating ya can't caugh up $400 for these tops but who ever appreciates their cars and have the original tops know these make them look Better then ever
Old 09-17-2013 | 01:43 AM
Cole
Drifting

Well, firstly. Anyone who cares what their car looks like cares what color the top it!

Secondly, the posts above say 100% to original specs. So I would have zero expectation of them being "better" in anyway from the originals.

At this point, I'm honestly not even sure they are new, just unsold original parts......probably due to the color

Originally Posted by Donaldx3
Who cares what color they are it's been a long time that they made things for all the people who indeed been waiting for them to come out with them again it doesn't matter as long as the seals are better then the original seals it's fine by me Idc if it's the same color as the one as I have who ever still own the original tops know that the wind noise were horrible the seals got bad and hopefully they can have seals to put on the original tops to get them in better shape ya just hating ya can't caugh up $400 for these tops but who ever appreciates their cars and have the original tops know these make them look Better then ever
Old 09-17-2013 | 02:20 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

I for one care a lot about the color! I will buy one anyway, but sure wish gray or smoke was an option. I sure hope it seals as well.
Old 09-17-2013 | 03:47 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
I for one care a lot about the color! I will buy one anyway, but sure wish gray or smoke was an option. I sure hope it seals as well.
You and me both
Old 09-17-2013 | 06:14 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

That is why I am not ordering one for the FL car Eddie, too much rain there, but in Cali I think we are pretty safe.
Old 09-17-2013 | 08:12 AM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Where are the pics pics pics pics
Old 09-17-2013 | 08:53 AM
zermattsilver
AutoX

Originally Posted by Donaldx3
well said. no original Saratoga top ever sealed to the car; if the new tops seal correctly, color options would be gravy....
Old 09-17-2013 | 09:02 AM
pa951
Racer

Too bad that all questions about shipping these stay unanswered. I understand just collecting is more easy. But if i should get on a plain just to get my sunroof it would be somewhat expensive
Old 09-17-2013 | 09:13 AM
JonRolls
4th Gear

Originally Posted by pa951
Too bad that all questions about shipping these stay unanswered. I understand just collecting is more easy. But if i should get on a plain just to get my sunroof it would be somewhat expensive
Couldn't agree more, I even sent a pm to ask.
Old 09-17-2013 | 09:26 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, my Saratoga is ordered and should ship out tomorrow.

Now I just need to finish the rest of the car....

Quick Reply: Pikington will make saratoga tops Again