Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Trade 951 for 996TT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:04 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cole, nice looking garage. It looks like about a 5 car. 3 wide and two of the bays look double deep. Wish I could have found a house like that when I was looking....

-Dana
Old 12-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by manticore33
S
Cole: I've found the B5 chassis to be a pretty poor family car, especially when dealing with rear-facing carseats. It works, but the fitment is very tight. A larger car is definately preferred / easier to contend with.
I think the bigger A6 chassis helps keep the 2.7TT alive as well. The B5 S4 just cooks its gaskets, and electronics under the hood. And, of course you are right on the rear seat, it is not much more functional than the 951.

Originally Posted by DanaT
Cole, nice looking garage. It looks like about a 5 car. 3 wide and two of the bays look double deep. Wish I could have found a house like that when I was looking....

-Dana
Simple, just don't buy in Boulder

Love The garage size, but honestly have filled it with too many things at this point. One bay has my 1 ton crew cab and 3 motorcycles in it. Kinda need to clear some projects out.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:28 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Not in my old place any longer. Moved long ago, just never updated my profile and live in the middle of no-where now. Weld county. Didn't like dealing with emissions, etc. That and when I had the house built, I was on the verge of not being able to afford the house so I needed to move further out for a decent sized house. Just never bothered to update profile. On a side, note, I was looking through my old 951/944 documents that I had printed off and had in a binder. Many last century printouts from when the list was still email forwarding based....

-Dana
Old 12-30-2009, 11:55 AM
manticore33
Racer

Originally Posted by Cole
I think the bigger A6 chassis helps keep the 2.7TT alive as well. The B5 S4 just cooks its gaskets, and electronics under the hood. And, of course you are right on the rear seat, it is not much more functional than the 951.
I love that the A6 has the 2.7T engine, but not a huge fan of the looks (I'd rather have an e39 5-series). However, I have a strange attraction to the Allroad (I know, A6 wagon on a lift) and would love to have one. Turbo, 6speed, AWD, wagon, more ground clearance; it'd do everything I'd ever want.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Cole
Drifting

I love our A6 Avant. Great ski car.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Cole
Drifting

Originally Posted by DanaT
Not in my old place any longer. Moved long ago, just never updated my profile and live in the middle of no-where now. Weld county. Didn't like dealing with emissions, etc. That and when I had the house built, I was on the verge of not being able to afford the house so I needed to move further out for a decent sized house. Just never bothered to update profile. On a side, note, I was looking through my old 951/944 documents that I had printed off and had in a binder. Many last century printouts from when the list was still email forwarding based....

-Dana
You probably have more space than I do. I just happen to have lots of space in the garage.

Quick Reply: Trade 951 for 996TT?