Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS

ZIP= 77401
Old 10-29-2009, 11:35 AM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't look like its gonna be too much, I can probably cover the shipping charges for you guys. If you want feel free to PM the exact address and i'll get on it.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:27 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

thanks again
here is the address
cell 713 2027099
4907 Chestnut St. Bellaire , TX 77401

These kids do follow closely who is donating and there will be lots of thank you cards going out this week thank you Rlisters for your compassion
Old 10-29-2009, 02:26 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
we can go there tuesday next week
What time?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:49 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

well guys it's tuesday night update
we had a hell of a great night with lots of challenges but we did get Zach's engine on an engine stand
head is off and the cylinder walls are beautiful and smooth (YEAH)

we will continue to break the engine down and we are close to pulling the 951 engine (fingers crossed

We bought with everyones donations thus far ($330 total) 2 engine stand - some shop lights - hand goop (lol) and a fantastic blasting cabinet with abrasive (lots of nasty rusty parts to clean up)

Guys we really need more help - we will be working from a shoe string budget - it appears that the there will be no need for a machine shop with the 924s (944na) engine but we will need upper lower gaskets- rings- crank bearings - rotors - oil sending unit - oil filter - new timing belts etc etc

please login and encourage the boys- as you can tell the boys dont do a lot of posting yet

thanks for the help
Old 11-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Zach924S
AutoX

Hey this is Zach and I own the 924s. Just like Richard said in the last post my engine is on an engine stand and we have started breaking it down. This is my first time to break down an engine and it is awesome.Just 2 mouths ago had no idea that I would be building my own car but here I am building my own car. If you can help me in building my car by sending parts or money and if you can't do that sending letters of your car to give me some ideas like I still do not know what color my car is going to be. Anything you can do I would be so thankful for. I will keep you updated and I will try to get some pics of my car on here.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:44 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

great to have you join us Zach

you are doing a great job every time we hit the garage and your car is coming apart
we will rebuild the calipers
we will replace your clutch
we will add new gaskets rings
we will put new plugs injectors fuel filter

then we will wetsand the car and gut the interior

We will see you drive this car at a DE by the time your 18
I am committed

thanks to all RENNLIST for all you are doing for these kids

Tuesday nights are great as long as I have food there....LOL
Old 11-08-2009, 09:14 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

great day in the shop today - today was Noble's turn. He had to miss shop time tuesday this week he had a basketball game and scored 15 points

so I dedicate my day off today to help him and we siuccessfully pulled his engine - knuckle busting TOTALLY. He is a great kid and what he has learned in just a month working together is amazing. his knowledge of what tools are really helped me today.

Lots of shavings in the oil

he is excited and ready to start breaking down his engine

Brian from Chicago sent a huge box of killer parts - amazingly everyone one of them needed. thanks Brian for allyou are doing and thanks for the Parts.

Brian also wrote a great article on what we are doing for the Chicago Region's monthly newsletter .

I sure hope some do read it and pitch in to help.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:40 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

what else are you looking for? i have alot of random parts laying around i can part with.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:04 PM
xupkid2
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Richard and Zach

Glad you got the box of parts and glad you are able to use them. I'll try and put together another box of stuff to send down over the next few weeks. Messed upi my back pretty good today pulling my motor so I may be couch ridden for a bit. Im still looking for a good time to come down as I think it would be great to wrench with you guys one Tuesday. As you determine parts you need please post them so we can all see what we have. The article should be posted soon on our website as our region pub is being sent out in the next week or so. I really am hoping people in the region will step up and help out.

Brian
Old 11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

I have a set of main bearings I only used once to check clearances -- otherwise they are brind new. I'll send them off along with some other things you might be able to use later this week.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:49 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Tom,I have no doubt that the bearings will need to be replaced on both cars and having yours would save the kids money in buying new ones

Dan we need just about anything you have for an NA and Turbo rebuild and restore you can part with.

Thanks guys for being there for these kids. They will be driving these cars within 12 months
Old 11-09-2009, 11:59 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Brian's article is hopefully going to help alot
Can you guys forward this support article to your region's newsletter editor and your president
PAGE 37

http://www.pca-chicago.org/scene/SceneNov09.pdf
Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Tuesday Night update

well we have thoroughly broken down Zach's NA engine totally bare
All looks good - just a ton of varnish and coating we will start cleaning with Laquer Thinner - unless yall have a better idea (just trying to avoid the costt of a machine shop)

We have the 951 on an engine stand and this sunday we break it down.
There was enough metal shavings in the oil to let me know that we may not be able to avoid the machine shop totally

Our LSR PCA President came by with a Pizza and a Cabinet for the shop. She is a super cool lady.

We are moving from Tuesday nights to Sunday afternoons.
kids are struggling with school work on weeknights

guys you have seen my posts
We need to start buying gaskets rings clutch rotors and pads plugs distributor etc etc

We are thankful for the parts coming in

I hope that through here and through the chicago and houston clubs we can raise 2-3k to get these tubs rolling again

If you cant donate to these kids - can you plug us into your club?

Please let me know
Old 11-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Zach924S
AutoX

Last night was awesome. We have almost everything off my engine so once I'm done with that I get to work on my interior. Also we have moved Tuesday nights to Sunday afternoons from 1 to 4 so if you can come check us out. Everyone is welcome.

Zach

Quick Reply: 1986 951 and 1987 924s - Project for kids we can save