Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

1986 951 and 1987 924s - Project for kids we can save

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 12:01 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zach - I am glad you are enjoying the work and I know you are going to love your car. There are a few of us who hope to see you drive out of grid at TWS in your first DE in your own Porsche car - that YOU BUILT. We will all be very proud of you and I bet you will have more respect for this car than most kids your age have for the cars their parents gave them.

We have a major clean up to do and I am in conatct with a couple of parts houses to see if we can get you some of these gaskets at cost or better.

There are so many views of this thread and there are many many porsche owners across the nation wanting to know more about your story.

Please keep posting

I know you have been in conatct this week with every one of your donors thanking them. I know you are grateful. So am I.

see ya Sunday
Old 11-15-2009, 11:17 PM
951Noble
5th Gear

Default 951

Can't wait to get going with my car. My time is so limited, thanks for switching to Sundays. I saw the pictures of the cars, and black is the color I want for sure. Thanks you and all the friends that have sent parts and donations to our shop. I will post pictures soon.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:34 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

WELCOME TO RENNLIST NOBLE!!!!

We are glad to have you and i hope you will learn as much as I have through the thousands of posts on how to repair and enjoy your 951.

We have your engine out and now we will start to break it down.

Bob M. has some interior parts for you to remove off his 951 in the next few weeks as I do as well off my race car.

thanks for posting
Old 11-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Zach924S
AutoX

Finally, here is my post. I have not been able to post because of school, church, and work. Last Tuesday night we started cleaning my engine parts and got to work on my interior. We removed the back seat, the carpet, the hatch, and the front bumper. We also removed the tail lights. We have made great progress but still have a long way too go.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:34 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

I have some great news and updates

Today Zach started his first job - and what a great first job it is. Brian De Armas - owner of Protechnik
www.protechnik.com
hired Zach today as a shop hand - he did some serious cleaning today - so did I lol - sure beats my first job pumping gas at the neighborhood Shell station.

Protechnik is my shop and my sponsor for race and DE

Protechnik is also our Track support for all our region's track events.In all my years at the track I have never seen a crew work harder to keep our cars running and rubber on the road.

Their 17000 sq ft state of the art shop with Dyno - full machine shop - dozens of bays with cert technicians - Awesome alignment machine - full paint and body shop makes going to the dealer passe

Thanks Brian for being a great friend to Zach. He will work very very hard to build his car.

I heard a great description of a trust fund baby - Someone born on third base - many of you along with Zach and I were born in the dugout with a water bottle in our hand

Have a great night

Hook 'em
Old 11-28-2009, 12:53 AM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Zach has decided the color he wants - you bet gulf blue
now we will be stripping everything down

this is like that show - MOVE THAT BUS
Old 11-28-2009, 05:30 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Richard.. I've got a small box of some stuff you may be able to use. Adjustable FPR in there also. I'll drop it off at Pro-technik on Monday.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:41 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

Thanks buddy we miss you at the track
Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

its been a while since the kids have posted
we continue to move along
no donations or parts in a month but we continue to plod forward.

we can really use some help and I know many of you have already thank you.

I do want to give you a personal update.
Zachs dad past away this weekend. Though he left the family 10 years ago - it is still tough news for him

He recently was able to go see him at the hospital not having seen him since the night he left them. I am glad he was able to get some closure if that is even possible.

A new year is coming and we MUST finish his car.

Merry Christmas friends
Old 12-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Zach924S
AutoX

Hey everyone it has been a while since I have posted about my car but here I am. We have been working on the tear down of the car these past weeksend have come a long way.

We are done with the tear down and are beginning the work of restore. This is when I'm going to need the most help.

During our next meeting tomorrow night we are going to put together a list of parts I need. I hope you can help. It will be greatly appreciated.

I will post the parts list Tuesday night. Please let me know if you can help me with the parts I need. You can either post a reply or private message me and I will send you my address.

There has been a number of people helping me. This is the car of my dreams and I hope to finish it by this coming summer. I am busy with my driver's education so I can drive it the minute it can roll.

Please send me a message and tell me how you are doing.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:02 AM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

Hopefully you are making a photo journal as you are progressing. It will let you know where you have started and where you are in the process. When it is all over it will be a nice record of accomplishment. And to top it all off you can post them on here so we can keep up with the progress.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:30 PM
ideola
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jacksonrw
no donations or parts in a month but we continue to plod forward.
Jackson, saw your note in a related thread...take a look at my used parts bin. Most of the stuff is for the early 924 cars, but some of the stuff is cross-over, and I do have some 924S/944 parts available. If there's anything there that your kids could truly use for the projects, you may have it for the cost of shipping. (in other words, don't clean me out just to put stuff on the shelf )
http://garage.ideola.com/used-Body.html
http://garage.ideola.com/used-Engine.html
http://garage.ideola.com/used-Exhaust.html
http://garage.ideola.com/used-Gauges.html
http://garage.ideola.com/used-Interior.html
http://garage.ideola.com/used-Suspension.html

I do have some more 2.5L parts available, including an entire 2.5L motor with damaged valves. Not sure how we'd get it from MI to TX, but if it will be of value to you, send me a PM and we can sort out the logistics.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:45 AM
Zach924S
AutoX

Happy New Year everyone sorry this post is late. Tuesday night we tried to take off the transmission but it just would not come off. Stubborn Coupling. So this week we are going to get it off and finish taking everything off my car so we can start sanding and paint stripping while the block head and crank get cleaned up and mic'd. Here is the list of parts i need. This list is just for the engine.

* Piston Rings

* Upper and lower gaskets

* Injectors

* set of belts

* timing belt rollers and pulleys

* water pump

* Spark plugs

I am able to get parts at cost now so if you would rather help me with a donation toour project - I will be grateful for any help you all can give to me.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:28 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Zach924S
Tuesday night we tried to take off the transmission but it just would not come off. Stubborn Coupling. .
maybe you've already done this.. but if you're talking about the square piece that holds the transmission to the torque tube.. Take the bolts ALL the way out, not just loosen them. It will not come off until you do that. Then just put a crow bar in there and push it towards the transmission.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:02 PM
jacksonrw
Three Wheelin'

We finally got it off yesterday and we picked up the parts you left for us at Protechnik

thanks

And we finally did pull the tranny

happy new year all

thanks for all you have done for the kids

we dropped off Zach's block head and crank at machine shop

THIS IS GOING TO BE THEIR YEAR TO FINISH THEIR CARS

Quick Reply: 1986 951 and 1987 924s - Project for kids we can save