Deutsch Nine 968TRS Group Buy.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the answers.

The reason I am asking about downforce is because I don't want to start lifting the front of the car if the wings make more downforce then the stock unit. This would require a bigger splitter or changing the front height. This gets into having to mount ride height sensors, making adjustments etc etc. Just don't want to do this right now, just want to run it and have some fun until winter gets here.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:24 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

You will get an increase in downforce over the rubber one for sure Brian. How much? Hard to know. What splitter do you have now? What do you use your car for? I know with my larger rear wing and the V3 splitter that I can't seem to feel a huge increase, but I haven't had a lot of time with them. There doesn't seem to be an imbalance. I would think that you could get one of these ones and play around with the settings. I'm sure you'd be ok.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have the V1 on it now and it mostly gets track duty. I have read some very interesting posts about balancing a car after the rear wing was installed. It took time and a lot of data to get it right. I just don't want the front coming up a 150 mph right before a hard brake zone.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:30 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

No, and I hear you. I know of someone who is doing some height sensor tests with the V3 splitter. Not that this is directly related to your question, but it might help a little. They've done the readings without and they're simply going to bolt one on an take some more readings.
Remember that there are quite a few people with a 968 turbo rear wing on their cars without any splitters so the V1 should do something to counteract the D9 larger rear TRS wing....I hope.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:23 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 333pg333
No, and I hear you. I know of someone who is doing some height sensor tests with the V3 splitter. Not that this is directly related to your question, but it might help a little. They've done the readings without and they're simply going to bolt one on an take some more readings.
Remember that there are quite a few people with a 968 turbo rear wing on their cars without any splitters so the V1 should do something to counteract the D9 larger rear TRS wing....I hope.
I've seen said setup in person. Its quite cool
Old 05-03-2009, 09:36 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

You talking about the height sensor stuff John? I'm looking forward to hearing what they find??
For that matter it would be nice to do some downforce testing of these wings too, just out of curiosity.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:22 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 333pg333
You talking about the height sensor stuff John? I'm looking forward to hearing what they find??
For that matter it would be nice to do some downforce testing of these wings too, just out of curiosity.
Yes I am. His setup is pretty cool. Really really creative guy that has helped me with my immensely.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:56 PM
future
Banned

Hi Brian to help further answer your question which Mike has already part answered (see quote below) I will answer the outstanding and illiterate upon Mike’s answers

Original answers by Mike:

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick and answered by Mike:
After having the privilege of tracking down some quick 968s I have a couple of dumb questions from a 951 guy.
- What does TRS stand for? I have no clue
- Why is CPR doing a trim option? because unlike the 968 guys that already have painted trim pieces to match us 944 guys don't. So we need the trim moldings that surround the rest of the hatch to make it look right.
- Why do you have two options for the wing? I don't know why anyone would purchase FB over CF but, this is a question better suited for Mark. As I'm sure they have their reasons for offering different variations and I can't comment. I know personally the second I found out they offer CF I didn't want it any other way.
- How much down force is added? Yes I understand it is adjustable. Once again a question probably better suited to be answered by Mark or the other guys at D9. I'm not so concerned with down force myself. I know that might sound bad but, these body mods I'm doing to the car are for looks. Not performance. All the performance mods are in the suspension, brakes, and engine bay.
- Why do it? Why pay 7k to have a 968 rear end put on a 944? Because I want my car to be unique and one of a kind. To my knowledge this is the first ever production remake of this wing. Its rare and NO one has them. I've seen a couple on a few 944's and 968's but, I can count those on one hand. I wish my car to be special and unlike any other 944 out there. It explains alot of whats on the car already and whats going to be on it in the coming 12 months.

My answers:

- What does TRS stand for? As already pointed out TRS is an abrivation of Turbo RS OF WHICH 4 968 Turbo RS factory cars were built. An additional 14 Turbo S 968's were built for the road by Porsche.
- Why is CPR doing a trim option? Answered correctly by Mike plus there is no point in us remaking parts that other vendors already manufacture
- Why do you have two options for the wing? The simple reason is to help reduce costs. Also many people prefer CF over FRP purely for it's looks over function however I prefer FRP. The UV resistant CF resin we use is also very expensive at £50 per 1kg of material making it alot more expensive than gel coat and FRP resins. People who would like to completely paint the wing to match there cars color would receive very little benefit between CF and FRP. The CF manufacturing process is also alot more time consuming and any slight imperfections mean that the product has no use other than the bin ... Yes even we normally mess up 1 in 5 CF products due to imperfections
- How much down force is added? Yes I understand it is adjustable. Quite a significant amount of downforce is added especially once adjustment is set above 50% height adjustment ... Any further adjustment is idea for technical short straight tracks but the downforce at this level effects top speed due to drag on long straight plus what it does to fuel efficency. We are working on matched front adjustable CF Canard design which will follow at a later date in the years.
- Why do it? Answered by Mike - No other company has recreated the rare Version 2 TRS wing and only 2 were ever produced at the factory

how much of a discount could i get getting a fixed non-adjustable one?
Spencer, we already have made a non adjustable TRS wing but the original mould is unfortunately damaged but we can and will do another one. If you have seen Beni’s car you will have seen the wing fitted to that but it is a Version 1 – we can also make a fixed Version 2 if there is interest and I estimate a cost of 380 Euro’s plus shipping to RL member and our RRP will be 450 Euro’s

Yes I am. His setup is pretty cool. Really really creative guy that has helped me with my immensely.
Can you provide further details John as I’m interested to know more

Cheers,
Mark
Old 05-03-2009, 04:22 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by future
Hi Brian to help further answer your question which Mike has already part answered (see quote below) I will answer the outstanding and illiterate upon Mike’s answers

Original answers by Mike:

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick and answered by Mike:
After having the privilege of tracking down some quick 968s I have a couple of dumb questions from a 951 guy.
- What does TRS stand for? I have no clue
- Why is CPR doing a trim option? because unlike the 968 guys that already have painted trim pieces to match us 944 guys don't. So we need the trim moldings that surround the rest of the hatch to make it look right.
- Why do you have two options for the wing? I don't know why anyone would purchase FB over CF but, this is a question better suited for Mark. As I'm sure they have their reasons for offering different variations and I can't comment. I know personally the second I found out they offer CF I didn't want it any other way.
- How much down force is added? Yes I understand it is adjustable. Once again a question probably better suited to be answered by Mark or the other guys at D9. I'm not so concerned with down force myself. I know that might sound bad but, these body mods I'm doing to the car are for looks. Not performance. All the performance mods are in the suspension, brakes, and engine bay.
- Why do it? Why pay 7k to have a 968 rear end put on a 944? Because I want my car to be unique and one of a kind. To my knowledge this is the first ever production remake of this wing. Its rare and NO one has them. I've seen a couple on a few 944's and 968's but, I can count those on one hand. I wish my car to be special and unlike any other 944 out there. It explains alot of whats on the car already and whats going to be on it in the coming 12 months.

My answers:

- What does TRS stand for? As already pointed out TRS is an abrivation of Turbo RS OF WHICH 4 968 Turbo RS factory cars were built. An additional 14 Turbo S 968's were built for the road by Porsche.
- Why is CPR doing a trim option? Answered correctly by Mike plus there is no point in us remaking parts that other vendors already manufacture
- Why do you have two options for the wing? The simple reason is to help reduce costs. Also many people prefer CF over FRP purely for it's looks over function however I prefer FRP. The UV resistant CF resin we use is also very expensive at £50 per 1kg of material making it alot more expensive than gel coat and FRP resins. People who would like to completely paint the wing to match there cars color would receive very little benefit between CF and FRP. The CF manufacturing process is also alot more time consuming and any slight imperfections mean that the product has no use other than the bin ... Yes even we normally mess up 1 in 5 CF products due to imperfections
- How much down force is added? Yes I understand it is adjustable. Quite a significant amount of downforce is added especially once adjustment is set above 50% height adjustment ... Any further adjustment is idea for technical short straight tracks but the downforce at this level effects top speed due to drag on long straight plus what it does to fuel efficency. We are working on matched front adjustable CF Canard design which will follow at a later date in the years.
- Why do it? Answered by Mike - No other company has recreated the rare Version 2 TRS wing and only 2 were ever produced at the factory

Spencer, we already have made a non adjustable TRS wing but the original mould is unfortunately damaged but we can and will do another one. If you have seen Beni’s car you will have seen the wing fitted to that but it is a Version 1 – we can also make a fixed Version 2 if there is interest and I estimate a cost of 380 Euro’s plus shipping to RL member and our RRP will be 450 Euro’s

Can you provide further details John as I’m interested to know more

Cheers,
Mark
I don't wish to speak for Van I'll point him to this thread and see if he is willing to chime in on his setup. Btw Mark I was the one who answered those questions above who's mike
Old 05-03-2009, 05:43 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Yeah, nice one Mike
Old 05-03-2009, 06:24 PM
future
Banned

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I don't wish to speak for Van I'll point him to this thread and see if he is willing to chime in on his setup. Btw Mark I was the one who answered those questions above who's mike
Yeh cheers Mike ... Sorry John My dyslexia
Old 05-03-2009, 08:53 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeh cheers Mike ... Sorry John My dyslexia
You've got pm
Old 05-03-2009, 09:36 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

would the 380 price be for FRP or CF? i wouldnt want CF as i dont personally care for the look of it on cars (regardless mine would be painted) and its so much harder and more expensive to work with compared to FRP and really doesn't provide much of an advantage.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the reply Future, I am really considering this, looks like a nice product.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Don't worry , I found this on my own. Yes, I'm playing with ride height sensors, and so far, I'm getting good results.

I was at Lime Rock last week, and was able to collect good data with a stock setup (i.e. no front splitter an no additional rear wing). I actually posted some of my results in the 944 forum: https://rennlist.com/forums/924-931-...t-sensors.html - but maybe it was missed.

Anyhow, I don't know if I'll get to install the V3 before my next track event (8 days away), but I promise I will at some point - and I also plan to do as much "controlled" testing as possible. I'll chose a nice straight piece of smooth road and take data measurements at different speeds without the splitter. Then I'll put the splitter on and do the exact same drive with everything else on the car the same. Then we'll be able to overlay the 2 data graphs and see how both the front and the rear are affected.

Quick Reply: Deutsch Nine 968TRS Group Buy.