Old 05-01-2009 | 05:34 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Bump?
Old 05-01-2009 | 05:38 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Believe me im updating the list as I get emails. They are dropping like flies. The economy is bad right now and most people have a hard time spending $1500.00 bucks on a wing for a car that isn't worth much more.

I'm way on the other side of stupid with this car now though so might as well finish the damn thing. If I ever do sell it I wonder what it will be worth.
Old 05-01-2009 | 05:54 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I hear ya.

Makes sense for me because I'm making the car into a whole different animal with the LS1 and so forth. Blue book just doesn't apply anymore.
Old 05-01-2009 | 07:04 PM
future
Banned

I'm way on the other side of stupid with this car now though so might as well finish the damn thing. If I ever do sell it I wonder what it will be worth.
It's worth all the enjoyment and love you get out of it mate or in other words your car is priceless to you

Makes sense for me because I'm making the car into a whole different animal with the LS1 and so forth.
Thanks mate and you need to have a conversation with Beni if you are going down the LSX route as he is well underway researching this logical route in the quest for reliable HP

To all who would love our new wing but times are hard it is possible that we can discount further if you would rather opt for stainless steel fixings rather than aerospace titanium - If that helps we will drop a further 50 Euro's.

I have a further orders from the UK, Europe, Eastern Block and the Middle East plus Asia so if we can get to 20 including our confirmed outside of RL in the next couple of weeks we might be able to help further but please remember we have already discounted more than 15% but I will do what I can to help everyone interested

Best regards,
Mark
Old 05-01-2009 | 08:42 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by future
To all who would love our new wing but times are hard it is possible that we can discount further if you would rather opt for stainless steel fixings rather than aerospace titanium
Old 05-01-2009 | 08:45 PM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

Mark,

First I would like to say thanks for putting the time and effort into the development of these 968 products.

Stainless would be fine with me. Any further price reductions would allow me to purchase a couple of more products from you when I place my order.

When do you think that you will have a CF unit for us to take a look at?

Thanks and look forward to doing business with you!

Cheers,
Joel
Old 05-01-2009 | 08:46 PM
future
Banned

LOL Love the pic
Old 05-01-2009 | 08:53 PM
future
Banned

When do you think that you will have a CF unit for us to take a look at?
Thanks for the heads up Joel, much appreciated mate

Molds are all finished but we are just waiting on the company we outsourced the CNC machining to as they messed up our original order. If the truth be known I hate to outsource anything as it slows the process down, adds to costs and ultimately reduces control over what we do but needs must and after our new factory move funds are very tight but we will soon bring CNC in-house.

Once we receive the new batch of adjustable plates then we will mount to our development car and take some pics - I'm pushing them mate so hopefully not to long as we have a lot of European customers who want the wing like yesterday

Best regards,
Mark
Old 05-01-2009 | 10:53 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by future
Thanks for the heads up Joel, much appreciated mate

Molds are all finished but we are just waiting on the company we outsourced the CNC machining to as they messed up our original order. If the truth be known I hate to outsource anything as it slows the process down, adds to costs and ultimately reduces control over what we do but needs must and after our new factory move funds are very tight but we will soon bring CNC in-house.

Once we receive the new batch of adjustable plates then we will mount to our development car and take some pics - I'm pushing them mate so hopefully not to long as we have a lot of European customers who want the wing like yesterday

Best regards,
Mark
Thanks for everything Mark. If its okay I would like to pay the proposed price without a futher discount and get the product as 100%. If anyone else wants a discounted version far be it from me to stand in their way, Its just since im doing this I want mine all out.

Joel did you call me yet?
Old 05-01-2009 | 11:30 PM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

Hey Guys,

I don't want to come off like a cheer leader for the manufacture but here I go.....

Hope we do not loose many based on pricing. Price seems more that fair, I expected much more for the CF version.

These guys are already talking about price reductions and changing there production runs to help with the cost.

This is a very small community and I would like to think that we are willing to support those that are willing to take the risk of parts development.

Cheers, Joel
Old 05-02-2009 | 12:14 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

After having the privilege of tracking down some quick 968s I have a couple of dumb questions from a 951 guy.
- What does TRS stand for?
- Why is CPR doing a trim option?
- Why do you have two options for the wing?
- How much down force is added? Yes I understand it is adjustable.
- Why do it?
Old 05-02-2009 | 02:21 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Brian Broderick
After having the privilege of tracking down some quick 968s I have a couple of dumb questions from a 951 guy.
- What does TRS stand for? I have no clue
- Why is CPR doing a trim option?because unlike the 968 guys that already have painted trim pieces to match us 944 guys don't. So we need the trim moldings that surround the rest of the hatch to make it look right.

- Why do you have two options for the wing?I don't know why anyone would purchase FB over CF but, this is a question better suited for Mark. As I'm sure they have their reasons for offering different variations and I can't comment. I know personally the second I found out they offer CF I didn't want it any other way.
- How much down force is added? Yes I understand it is adjustable.Once again a question probably better suited to be answered by Mark or the other guys at D9. I'm not so concerned with down force myself. I know that might sound bad but, these body mods I'm doing to the car are for looks. Not performance. All the performance mods are in the suspension, brakes, and engine bay.
- Why do it?Why pay 7k to have a 968 rear end put on a 944? Because I want my car to be unique and one of a kind. To my knowledge this is the first ever production remake of this wing. Its rare and NO one has them. I've seen a couple on a few 944's and 968's but, I can count those on one hand. I wish my car to be special and unlike any other 944 out there. It explains alot of whats on the car already and whats going to be on it in the coming 12 months.
I hope those answers make a little sense. Hopefully Mark can chime in on the ones I couldn't give a clear answer on. I'm so pumped to see the finished product and just like the rear end on my car I'm sure I'm going to get all sorts of emails and pm's from people asking how much? what kind it is? etc? So hopefully we can reward companies like DeutschNine who take the time to make products like this for our small community. If someone can see my car and I can send them some business I'm more than happy to do so.
Old 05-02-2009 | 01:45 PM
Whisper
Burning Brakes

Indeed. While we don't "owe" anyone our business, it's certainly in our interest, if we can at all, to protect vendors who make the risky move of developing 944-specific products from taking a loss.
Old 05-02-2009 | 01:51 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

TRS = Turbo RS
Old 05-02-2009 | 02:12 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

how much of a discount could i get getting a fixed nonadjustable one? lol

Quick Reply: Deutsch Nine 968TRS Group Buy.