Deutsch Nine 968TRS Group Buy.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 04:08 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Olli Snellman
Just made yesterday some 911 fiberglass stuff, and wondered again why i am making that. That is so s**t business to do. I can easily understand why D9 product might sound expensive. At least from the pictures you can see it is very well done. Making good products from GF (like D9 wing) it usually means multiple molds because of the shape . That means you have to "glue" all these parts together and after that finish the product. Making one 968 turbo RS wing can take several hours, almost one working day (if the quality is held at top level). We all have to think in what price we are willing to do this kind of product for sale. What is the value of out working hour etc. Also material cost something. After all also GF/polyester is not totally free.
If we would like to have these for better price it might be better idea to have it fabricated from something else like plastic. I suppose CPR/Patrick can calculate the price for tooling etc. I can understand tooling might be expensive tough, if we think how many potential customers there might be. Then there is the third possibility; fabricate wing ourselves. Making GF products is not that difficult if you have some time to learn it. After all most people who make GF products have learn it.
btw i just bought new unused oem 968 turbo RS rear wing for 150€. I already sold it to USA....
When I was going to purchase it quietly by myself(before I thought of CPR and trying to get others involved). I was expecting to pay $1500-2000.

I was looking to support patrick and his business and at the sametime get a sweet custom CF TRS wing made for my car thats a one off. I'm not looking for a free lunch and im getting a little pissed at someone thinking I might be. Thats not why I made this thread and honeslty if its that big of a deal i'll buy mine quitely and we can let this thread go where ever it needs to.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:28 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not aiming this against you or nobody else. I mean we just need to think these parts more carefully (What it takes to fabricate them). Take for example AIR(or what ever) style splitter. Rather easy product to fabricate. Usually it also need two molds, after that two parts are laminated together. Don't know the US price, somwhere $200 perhaps? Then think 968 Turbo wing. The final product contais three GF made parts.Just look the shape of these, it easily need to be fabricated from 6-9 different molds. Laminate these parts together, finish the product. Someone also have fabricated the parts for adjustment. If this wing would cost about $500 then simple GF front splitter should cost $50. What we need to find out is the fact manufacturers would like to have also some profit.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by evil 944t
Ok, I'll bite..(john, this is not directed at you. Its an open letter to RL'isters)

I would like a 09' RSR (price dependent). Come on guys put your money up!

D9 is making a real nice TRS wing, cost + $1100'ish. Why would you expect Patrick to go through the same trouble making a TRS wing when everyone crapped on his V3 splitter? Then you want him to make a carbon version for less money than D9's?? Once he sells it for close to cost, you want him to add things on, remove parts, change designs, blah, blah, blah.. Sounds like fun.

Making parts and "helping" people out with the costs is great but, I can't see asking someone to go through all that trouble when D9 already has a finished product. I'm not supporting either vendor, I'm just asking why must people on this forum constantly beat up the very few vendors we have?? At $125 a month to become a vendor, you need to make a few bucks to continue to come out with new products.. If we don't pay, vendors will stop making new things.

Prove me wrong, I would bet if you priced up the OEM rubber wing, it would be north of $1k. Why are we constantly asking for more and expecting to pay less????

As CPR suggested, we should contact D9, pay regular price but ship them in together to lower overall costs. Once they get here, have someone donate their time to split them up and send them around the US.

Ok, rant over.. Sorry for the tone but stuff like this gets me going. This post may not come accross as constructive so, ban suit on..
The truth.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:02 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John,

That did not exactly come across as I intended, nor the subsequent fallout on the residual posts.

This is not Johns fault, it is mine. I appreciate what he was trying to do and the loyalty exhibited therein. It is a rare trait these days.

Anyway, I PM'd D9 on your behalf. If you guys cannot work something out, then I will do what I can for you and the others. As stated I will help where I can, when I can....eihter way.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:01 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CPR
John,

That did not exactly come across as I intended, nor the subsequent fallout on the residual posts.

This is not Johns fault, it is mine. I appreciate what he was trying to do and the loyalty exhibited therein. It is a rare trait these days.

Anyway, I PM'd D9 on your behalf. If you guys cannot work something out, then I will do what I can for you and the others. As stated I will help where I can, when I can....eihter way.
I gave them a pm. Told them I want a TRS wing regardless. Also asked about a group buy if I had several buyers together. We will see what they come up with
Old 03-27-2009, 02:02 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

I would also be in, price dependent. Don't really care who I get it from, as long as I get the 968 trim as well for a reasonable price (and I'm probably asking too much here, but I figure it's worth a shot)
Old 03-27-2009, 02:28 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I must have missed some stuff, who was knocking the V3 splitters? And CPR doing a TRS wing, who would knock that?
Old 03-28-2009, 04:20 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

t from, as long as I get the 968 trim as well for a reasonable price
I would like to know what is a reasonable price of the whole stuff(wing & trim). What would you guys pay for a high quality package ?

Last edited by Olli Snellman; 03-28-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:43 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Cross posted on the 968 forum. D9 says that if we get 10 buyers they can lower the price and there is also a possible CF option.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:45 PM
FASTRNU
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in on group buy
Old 03-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Joel8005
Burning Brakes

Yes, count me in.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:10 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by FASTRNU
I'm in on group buy
Originally Posted by Joel8005
Yes, count me in.
Both you guys are added. Looks like this is going down. I'm so excited!
Old 03-29-2009, 02:20 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

What is everyone thinking on shipping? I might be up for having them ship them all to me if it saves a good bit of money. Thats alot of work to ship them out individually from there but, I wouldn't be opposed to it if it saved us some real coin.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:23 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Depending what can be done with a group buy price i could probably swing for one also. And if shipped to John, to make life a little easier i can just drive up and pick it up.

I swear this forum is going to make me go broke. Im happy i didnt buy the AIR wing last fall when i had money burning a hole in my pocket..
Old 03-29-2009, 02:26 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Depending what can be done with a group buy price i could probably swing for one also. And if shipped to John, to make life a little easier i can just drive up and pick it up.

I swear this forum is going to make me go broke.
Future should be getting back to me on price soon. Fiberglass and CF both. I'll post everything up when I know.

Quick Reply: Deutsch Nine 968TRS Group Buy.