Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Next Project?...You choose.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Animus
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aren't you also working on an adjustable 968 style rear wing?
i think that was duetsch9.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
adrian1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorax
Oh, and how abotu some intake manifolds? 8v and 16v turbo for less than $600 a piece.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:27 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Couple ideas/thoughts I had, just throwing them out there...no promises that any of these could be made in an economically feasible way:

- I like the mirrors idea - could these be a manual conversion like the 924S SE/early 924/951 cup? Or what about a kit to convert the existing power flag mirrors into manual windows?
- 964 RS America-style door panels (especially if the buyer could specify accessories in the door, eg power windows, speakers, etc)
- Manual window winder kits
- Foglight brake ducts (especially for euro bumper)
Old 02-18-2009, 12:29 AM
white924s
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

oh, also fiberglass replicas of the foha spoilers for 944 n/a and 924 - if you could make those for $500 or so, I imagine you'd actually sell quite a few as the originals are rare, look sharp and often sell for a pretty penny
Old 02-18-2009, 12:32 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorax
Oh, and how abotu some plastic intake manifolds? 8v and 16v turbo for less than $600 a piece.

Some rivet in hood vents much like the ones from carbontrix.com, but in the ABS plastic finish.
Offered in several sizes with a price point around $100.

A replica of the euro rear bumper, with a trim piece that mimics the factory one. If you could make that for less than $500 they would sell.

Lorax...you should have been here 4 years ago when I was hiring for a product development manager for the Gov't Chem division...all great ideas.

The manifolds I have played around with some, hence the buy-up back in October. It is fairly expensive to do those, so I "shelved" it for a bit....maybe it is time to go back to it?

Send me some pics of these other items to : CPRacing_aero@live.com

I'll look into it. And thanks for the input, I only want to make what you guys want....not junk or trinkets, just to have "something" to sell.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:37 AM
jlturpin
Rennlist Member

How about, fender flares?
Carbon fiber dash, or cover. Maybe a DIY cover, that requires removing the dash and having a cover that fits correctly, looks correct and does not have ugly seams and squeak. Custom instrument cluster housing to mount Multifunction guages.
I like the Brake duct idea while keeping the fog/driving lights.
I certainly look forward to information on the Mirrors.
1 last request.... It is in the engine bay, but a CAI, custom intake routing to get the air filter behind the fender liner, where the snorkle goes through?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:38 AM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

can you make me a sick 951 bowl?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by white924s
oh, also fiberglass replicas of the foha spoilers for 944 n/a and 924 - if you could make those for $500 or so, I imagine you'd actually sell quite a few as the originals are rare, look sharp and often sell for a pretty penny
well....there is something in the works.....not quite foha, and I detest fiberglass for potential impact parts.....and it will be well under $500
Old 02-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CPR
Lorax...you should have been here 4 years ago when I was hiring for a product development manager for the Gov't Chem division...all great ideas.

The manifolds I have played around with some, hence the buy-up back in October. It is fairly expensive to do those, so I "shelved" it for a bit....maybe it is time to go back to it?

Send me some pics of these other items to : CPRacing_aero@live.com

I'll look into it. And thanks for the input, I only want to make what you guys want....not junk or trinkets, just to have "something" to sell.
I'll get some pics over to you. I actually have one of the vents sitting in my garage right now.

The thing about the intake manifolds is really designing something that works. Often they are tailored to a specific hardware setup, or built for a certain area in the powerband. It's hard to find a solution that is one-size-fits-all... except in the case of creating a 16v turbo intake, you solve the problem a lot of people (Like me) have when building a 16 motor. How to just get a running turbo engine without spending a god awful amount on a custom intake, or creating a less than ideal frankenstein intake by welding a S2 flange to a turbo plenum.

Again there is the issue of low product volume there. If creating both a 16v and several versions of an 8v turbo intake would be really cost prohibitive as far as tooling goes, it might not be worth it. If you could cheaply and easily alter the internal volume of the plenum on the intake, that would make it easier to suit individual needs.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jlturpin
How about, fender flares?
The problem with fender flares for the 951 is the beveled edge of the fenders and 1/4 panels. That with the proximity of the rear diffuser on the 951 makes it difficult to fit properly.

If you created a solution where the factory fenders were trimmed up an inch and the flares still found some way to fit over the bevel that might be something, although it seems to me an whole FRP fender that has already met this need would be a better, cleaner, solution that might not even cost all that much more.

The only flares offered for the 951 right now are bulky and IMO... quite fugly.

If there were an easy way to get something along these lines that would be cool, but there are the issues I mentioned...

Old 02-18-2009, 12:52 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how about the rear engine cover like the 968 but would fit proper

Also maybe some new lower rocker trim that has a small amount of asthetic improvement for those who may not want rockers
Old 02-18-2009, 12:53 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blown 944
how about the rear engine cover like the 968 but would fit proper

Also maybe some new lower rocker trim that has a small amount of asthetic improvement for those who may not want rockers
^ YES. I have an idea right along those lines.

CPR: I will have to put that in my email as well. I have a very crude mock up on my car right now that mgiht help you see what I'm talking about.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:09 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by VOoDOoGTX
can you make me a sick 951 bowl?
You're too much!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:10 AM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

968 TURBO RS WING!!!

I have been wanting someone to get us a good deal on these wings forever. They look so sexy and is exactly the wing I want to upgrade the stock spoiler with. But the only options available to us right now is really expensive crap.

YES!
Old 02-18-2009, 01:12 AM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

How about a replacement for the Saratoga top? They go for big money on the used market on the rare occasion when they come up for sale and there is generally a lot of interest in them. Not necessarily my personal cup of tea but certainly something there is demand for.

Quick Reply: Next Project?...You choose.