Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 01:56 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Not entirely certain. Pretty sure Tony modified or added some wood underneath an already existing product so it's hard to tell what it's made of. It is very sturdy and in my experience didn't need the fasteners to the bumper panel due to flex. Tony did use fasteners as his bumper was a f/g facsimile and not as stable as the stock bumper. I still think this splitter would be very risky on the street as it protrudes quite a lot and is likely to catch on a steep driveway. Something will break if this happens. You still haven't told us what your car is for. Street or track?
Hey

It's not my design. I liked the design, but it was paper thin and as-designed, would be broken just by breathing on it. I tried to talk to the guy that did the original design but he told me that I'm a total F'ing Idiot and to F'Off...

That said... I knocked it off, made some changes to it which included a molding in some light wood in the bottom so it could scrub on things and not shatter.

And the thing works. And it's real strong. For street use, no vertical support rods are necessary. But for high speed track use vertical support rods are necessary. With a glass nose, it will pull it apart. With a stock nose (which flexes a ton) it's necessary because the AOA on the splitter will change at high speed because the nose itself (which the splitter is bolted to) flexes. Any splitter or aero device that changes its shape or angle by itself at speed is not good because you don't know that that angle will be and it could be different from lap to lap.... with varying amounts of down force from lap to lap making the car impossible to get setup properly.

TonyG

Quick Reply: CPRacing: V3 Splitter/PICS....